JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe those were quietly taken down after the shooting a couple years ago. A former security guard for the mall was carrying concealed and stopped the shooter. I think they took them down after that because I definitely haven't seen them since, but could be wrong.

The entrance to the movie theater still has a sign that's kind of off to the side by the ticket booth and not exactly noticeable. Seriously, how are you going to stop bad guys from bringing guns in if they can't see the sign? :s0114:

I believe those were quietly taken down after the shooting a couple years ago. A former security guard for the mall was carrying concealed and stopped the shooter. I think they took them down after that because I definitely haven't seen them since, but could be wrong.

The entrance to the movie theater still has a sign that's kind of off to the side by the ticket booth and not exactly noticeable. Seriously, how are you going to stop bad guys from bringing guns in if they can't see the sign? :s0114:

I remember seeing them more recently than 2 years ago.

These signs have no force of law, they can only trespass you.

That being said my wallet follows my gun, they must be best friends or something because if one isn't allowed the other won't follow...weird.

Oh ok, you're probably right. I still wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the shooting though. It was funny that right after it happened and they reopened, they had plenty of security but absolutely none of them were armed, but they were supposed to keep us all at ease?

Oh ok, you're probably right. I still wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the shooting though. It was funny that right after it happened and they reopened, they had plenty of security but absolutely none of them were armed, but they were supposed to keep us all at ease?

Absolutely! It may have been something where they didn't want to appear reactionary, so they waited a couple years before changing things. Also, it could be that they got new doors or something and just opted to not put new ones on.

Sure...doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy ?
BTW...I have some submarine screen doors I am selling cheap. :rolleyes:

Don't know because my wallet and I
A) avoid any place that prohibits firearms and
B) don't go into crowded areas anymore due to
C) crybaby riots and
D) announced terror threats for the Christmas season by ISIS.

I've never noticed any signs there, but I pretty much ignore any sign in a mall anyway since the vast majority are advertising a bunch of bubblegum that I don't need or want.

Oh and sorry this isn't really related but the guy who stopped the Clackamas shooting didn't have to fire a shot (for those that don't know the story). He pulled his gun, aimed it at the shooter, and the coward ran and shot himself. Concealed carry is particularly effective for mass shootings where the perpetrators expect to be the only one with the power to kill, just sayin'

Perhaps someone there actually gave some thought to what that kind of sign might be conveying to bad players...

"Hey you - Captain Crazypants: This is a huge, crowded public enclosure with only a couple doors. It's willingly populated by meek, compliant people with no means to defend themselves or strike back. In other words, it's a perfect target of opportunity."

On those rare occasions where I find myself at a shopping mall, I don't necessarily look for signs telling me that it's a victim gallery...

Rather I usually comment to the wife about how ill prepared the security is, and how I'm much better prepared for a SHTF situation...

Never go out without my personal protection... Just sayin'...

Code of Conduct
"No firearms or illegal weapons."
Definitely a liability thing. If you bury your weapons policy on your website (which nobody looks at before going to the mall) then you're obvious not actively trying to keep people from carrying. Otherwise you'd be posting it on all the doors in the building itself. But the policy is posted, so if they had a problem they could refer to it and say "we technically posted it"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top