JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brimley.jpg

Damn there's some funny bubblegum here. But I've got to wonder if some of you guys didn't make up some of those pictures of yourselves? "Hero Sandwich" holster? Come on.....? :s0165:

When you SOB, do you use a right hand or left hand holster??? Enquiring minds want to know...
The only time l personally tried it was w a Beretta 92. I used a leather left handed Bianchi belt holster with a 360° adjustable belt loop. I wore it IWB, butt-up at 6:00 with the loop pointed down and my belt through it.

Convoluted as Hell, l know. But it actually worked.
I pretty quickly dropped the whole idea because,
A) SOB carry only LOOKS cool in the movies. In reality, it's dopey.
B) That was a whole lotta bulk and apparatus to shove into my pants... l couldn't button my jeans.

I still have the Bianchi holster tho. Practically new cuz I'm right handed and never used it again, but it's too pretty to get rid of.

Mods please move if not appropriate to carry/sd. Maybe off topic?

I was almost home and was driving by a young man open carrying a mid size handgun in what looked like a belt slide leather holster.
Would say it was in the 9 o'clock position, maybe more like 8:15 . Anyway, right handed holster, modest forward rake.
So the net result of this combination was behind the hip on left side of body, butt forward, and forward rake exacerbating an already weird position to draw from.
Did someone put his pants on backwards or what?
I used to put my 45 holster on the left side so it wouldn't give me an appendectomy when I was driving a m151 mutt.

Its not like I was going to pull it out other than to check it back in to the armory.

Damn there's some funny bubblegum here. But I've got to wonder if some of you guys didn't make up some of those pictures of yourselves? "Hero Sandwich" holster? Come on.....? :s0165:
If you must ask, bbbass' last pic is me before I hit puberty.

The only time l personally tried it was w a Beretta 92. I used a leather left handed Bianchi belt holster with a 360° adjustable belt loop. I wore it IWB, butt-up at 6:00 with the loop pointed down and my belt through it.

Convoluted as Hell, l know. But it actually worked.
I pretty quickly dropped the whole idea because,
A) SOB carry only LOOKS cool in the movies. In reality, it's dopey.
B) That was a whole lotta bulk and apparatus to shove into my pants... l couldn't button my jeans.

I still have the Bianchi holster tho. Practically new cuz I'm right handed and never used it again, but it's too pretty to get rid of.
I have a left handed nylon snubbie holster.... I mounted it owb at 6:00 but never carried that way... they won't let me draw from SOB at the local range, nor at IDPA... hmmm, I wonder why. The gun is upright and grip leaning to the right side.... so the fingers needed to grab the grip on the draw go behind and in between the grip and the back, which feels natural, then muzzle sweep your butt and legs on the draw. Very uncool.

On NCIS Nawleans, Agent King Pride uses a right hand holster SOB at 6:00.... it looks so odd to see the gun pointed that way, upside down and grip pointed right, and looks like it would be difficult to grip for the draw, fingers on the outside and thumb between the grip and body. Less danger of a sweep because of the physics of bone structure, but that real life overweight fellow in the church got fatally shot because of the slow draw.

SOB would be even worse while driving...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top