JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun Free and Safe Zones?

I suspect that the CRIMINALS can't read.

1649781187089.png

BUT, But, but......
Isn't THAT more or less a failure of the education system?

Rrrrrright........I can see how that works.

Systemic racism and a lack of equity caused everything that is wrong with Amerika. Ooooops, and I forget to add....

TRUMP too.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The latest news from the VERY SAFE New York City.
The suspect was described as a Black male, about 5 feet 5 inches tall with a heavy build, wearing a green "construction-type" vest and gray sweatshirt.

There were initial reports of undetonated devices found at the scene, but Sewell said no known explosive devices were found.

She said that while there is no known motive, the incident is not being investigated as terrorism at this time.

Aloha, Mark

I was at a conference recently and an interesting spin on this subject came up. Some "no duty to retreat" states have either in their back letter law or case law stating that you do not have a duty to retreat in a place that you are lawfully. So what if you are in a place with no gun signs? Correct that there is no force of law legally prohibiting specifically this and trespass could be a violation, but if the property owner posts the sign, does not want you (me) there with a gun, and will enforce trespassing law, would we be in a place that we are "lawfully" allowed to be?

My guess is that in most (for now) jurisdictions this would be a non-issue. In Mult. County and other gun hating locals, it could be made to be an issue. To me it was an interesting spin on the topic (if you haven't picked up on it I'm pretty nerdy on looking at these subjects). It's making me go back and read the case decision on this for Oregon.

Found this on William Kirk's website (WA firearms attorney):
"...the policy is one of long standing and reflects the notion that one lawfully where he is entitled to be should not be made to yield and flee by a show of unlawful force against him. See State v. Williams, 81 Wn.App. 738 (1996)."
My emphasis added

Could this be construed that you are not entitled to be in a property that has no gun signs posted since you could be considered trespassing? Although I am staying at a Holiday Inn...I'm not an attorney. Suspecting if you ask 10 attorneys and deputy DA's you will get variants of 10 different answers.

Unsolicited $.02...keep the change.

I'm waiting for the day if/when someone opens fire at a WA Starbucks.

Later.....
The news reporter guy might just find a guy outside with a CCW who will respond to questions......

"Well, because of the current gun laws. I was waiting for the shooter to exit. And since the shooter had already holstered his gun. Well, I no longer saw that he was a threat. So, I didn't even challenge his escape."

Yup....exactly what you're supposed to do in a situation like this.

"Oh BTW, I did call 911."

Aloha, Mark

Ive always wanted to have some simple stickers made (with heavy duity glue...)
"This business is unarmed and defensless against robbery and crime"

Just slyly slap one of those up right next to the no guns signs as you walk in....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top