JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a left handed nylon snubbie holster.... I mounted it owb at 6:00 but never carried that way... they won't let me draw from SOB at the local range, nor at IDPA... hmmm, I wonder why. The gun is upright and grip leaning to the right side.... so the fingers needed to grab the grip on the draw go behind and in between the grip and the back, which feels natural, then muzzle sweep your butt and legs on the draw. Very uncool.

On NCIS Nawleans, Agent King Pride uses a right hand holster SOB at 6:00.... it looks so odd to see the gun pointed that way, upside down and grip pointed right, and looks like it would be difficult to grip for the draw, fingers on the outside and thumb between the grip and body. Less danger of a sweep because of the physics of bone structure, but that real life overweight fellow in the church got fatally shot because of the slow draw.

SOB would be even worse while driving...
Draw from IWB 6:00 without flagging yourself or anyone around you feels like the Rimmer Salute.

The gun is upright and grip leaning to the right side
I forgot to mention that l had the holster oriented about 45° off of horizontal when l tried it. Butt-up for a palm facing inward draw.
Why l didn't just buy a dedicated SOB holster, I don't know.

I've seen people, usually TV people, wearing a hip holster at 6:00, vertically oriented... it's weird and makes no sense to me

Worst open carrying was in OIF/OEF. All support/Big Army officers with their M9 leg holsters dangling low like John Wayne. Most were so damn low they couldn't reach them lol.
I always get a kick out of people who rock drop leg holsters that dangle down by their knee cap. Normally some sh!ty holster like a black hawk serpa. Haha. Same thing I saw in the USMC.

Dang, I guess I am pretty UN-tacti-COOL with my 1911 ridin' up high and tight!

IMG_2063.JPG

Mods please move if not appropriate to carry/sd. Maybe off topic?

I was almost home and was driving by a young man open carrying a mid size handgun in what looked like a belt slide leather holster.
Would say it was in the 9 o'clock position, maybe more like 8:15 . Anyway, right handed holster, modest forward rake.
So the net result of this combination was behind the hip on left side of body, butt forward, and forward rake exacerbating an already weird position to draw from.
Did someone put his pants on backwards or what?
Maybe he spends most of his time in a vehicle. Cross-draw carry is one of the better ways to carry if you are in a vehicle.

Maybe he spends most of his time in a vehicle. Cross-draw carry is one of the better ways to carry if you are in a vehicle.
This position would bury the gun in the seat back, with grip orientation towards the back of the vehicle.
Completely unreachable for a righty, and a lefty would be drawing with either a sweep of left lung and kidney.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top