JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mods please move if not appropriate to carry/sd. Maybe off topic?

I was almost home and was driving by a young man open carrying a mid size handgun in what looked like a belt slide leather holster.
Would say it was in the 9 o'clock position, maybe more like 8:15 . Anyway, right handed holster, modest forward rake.
So the net result of this combination was behind the hip on left side of body, butt forward, and forward rake exacerbating an already weird position to draw from.
Did someone put his pants on backwards or what?

Hold by beer

walmartcarry.JPG

Saw a guy once downtown walking around open carrying a certain appendix out of his pants. That was likely the worst version I've seen.

One of the reasons I like guns with exposed hammers and decockers. You can press your thumb against the hammer and feel if it tries to move while you holster. I've carried Glocks too but man you have to be so careful holstering them. No safety switch and no exposed hammer. Doesn't have the long first shot pull of a single/double action. Sort of halfway between single action and double action. An instructor friend of mine calls it 1½ action. Still a good carry gun but probably not a good first carry gun.

And yes, I know the guy in the story had been carrying for a while. You know who you are. :rolleyes:

One of the reasons I like guns with exposed hammers and decockers. You can press your thumb against the hammer and feel if it tries to move while you holster. I've carried Glocks too but man you have to be so careful holstering them. No safety switch and no exposed hammer. Doesn't have the long first shot pull of a single/double action. Sort of halfway between single action and double action. An instructor friend of mine calls it 1½ action. Still a good carry gun but probably not a good first carry gun.

And yes, I know the guy in the story had been carrying for a while. You know who you are. :rolleyes:
https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device does the same thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top