JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw an open-carry Home Depot customer in a kilt and tam. But no Sgian Dubh.
Wanted to ask him if he went commando, but was afraid he'd answer with a lift of the skirt.

I saw a guy locally here just a couple evenings ago, wearing nothing but a kilt, with a pistol tucked into the waistband.

I think it was probably the same guy I saw a year or two ago, wearing a kilt with at least two handguns in open holsters on his belt, walking down the street here in town.

When I got home, my daughter started telling me about a humorous local police report she was reading on her phone, about a guy walking around town with "multiple handguns and a kilt". I laughed and said "I just saw him!"

Someone is really looking for attention. :)

Simpsons_World_of_Springfield_Series_14_Interactive_Figure_GROUNDSKEEPER_WILLIE_IN_A_KILT_Play...jpg

Mods please move if not appropriate to carry/sd. Maybe off topic?

I was almost home and was driving by a young man open carrying a mid size handgun in what looked like a belt slide leather holster.
Would say it was in the 9 o'clock position, maybe more like 8:15 . Anyway, right handed holster, modest forward rake.
So the net result of this combination was behind the hip on left side of body, butt forward, and forward rake exacerbating an already weird position to draw from.
Did someone put his pants on backwards or what?
It's his right…. You can't fix stupid.

Well that is not how I carry my pistol , or any of my handguns....But then lots of folks don't do things the way I would.

I understand that method described in the OP , is not for me or others...That it does make gun owners look bad... And could be unsafe...But its really none of my business.
Andy

Well that is not how I carry my pistol , or any of my handguns....But then lots of folks don't do things the way I would.

I understand that method described in the OP , is not for me or others...That it does make gun owners look bad... And could be unsafe...But its really none of my business.
Andy
My original intent was to simply marvel at the horrible placement of his holster.

I actually spent a few minutes trying to replicate it, and execute a right handed draw. Cross body .

It was like being in the passenger seat, looking out the right side window, and reaching for the seat belt lock.

Try that out. See what you think.

My original intent was to simply marvel at the horrible placement of his holster.

I actually spent a few minutes trying to replicate it, and execute a right handed draw. Cross body .

It was like being in the passenger seat, looking out the right side window, and reaching for the seat belt lock.

Try that out. See what you think.
I think I'll stick to appendix carry. Haha.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top