Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Citizen takes down gunman after shooting in Skyway

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sun195, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Was this anyone here?

2. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. riverrat373

riverrat373 Washington State Member

:thumbup:

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I don't like reading these kinds of stories. It just bugs the heck outa me reading that some guys have a better sex life than I do.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Not until they return his cuffs from evidence unless he has a spare set... :bluelaugh:

6. Sunstone

Sunstone Oregon City New Member

Cuffs?, How many of you guys carry cuffs?

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I dont plan on getting close enough to the bag guy to cuff him. Keep him at gun point and far enough away that he can not easily get to me..........

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Maybe he was on his way to an s&m party?

Seriously, just can't envision carrying cuffs. In this case it worked out handily but, it's well, just kinda weird.

9. Swedish K

The real question is were they the pink furry ones.... imagine the perp trying to live that one down :)

10. nubus

nubus Guest

So I guess that makes me weird, or kinky.
    I have a set of cuffs in my EDC bag.
    I also have a key on my key chain.
    The key has started some interesting conversations...

11. Dave Workman

Probably not so near as interesting as will this particular citizen's adventure last night, had you been there, eh?
    ;)

12. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Hang on... the Good Samaritan, with the bracelets, was at a ATM when this happened... so was he on his way to pick up his lady, or just needing to pay her off.... Boy I hope he wasn't late to his.... "appointment"

13. Swedish K

Nothing wrong with having a cuff key on the key chain - never know when it might come in handy... I recall how I ended up with one set of cuffs back in the 80s because I had my key. During spring break the local cops had brought in area riot squads to shut down all of the parties near campus... I was walking to a friends apartment with a case of beer and the riot squad turned the corner - locked me to a bike rack, set my beer slightly out of reach, and proceeded down the street. I wasn't even drinking yet and had no open container - hadn't violated any laws - and they detained me without due cause and illegally left me locked to a fixed object without being supervised. Once they were about 50 yards down the street I simply unlocked myself and about 8 others that had been locked to the bike rack and went on my way with beer and the officer's cuffs in hand. I figure it was a learning experience for him - don't leave your equipment unattended or you may look like a fool :)

nubus, pcoast, titsonritz and 19 others like this.
  14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Huh? I'm always armed when I'm out of the house, not sure why you would make that implication.

15. lwnemesis

lwnemesis Seattle Member

I work with the gentleman that was involved in this incident and he always carries cuffs, peper spray and a flashlight. Thats just how he is. He was not going to an S&M party or anything kinky like that. He much rather forget this whole thing happened. By the way, our good ol left wing media cut out a huge portion of the interview to make it seem like he is a vigilante trying to start a movement or something.

16. robbalot

robbalot Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Bravo to the Samaritan! I love it when this happens, it's an inspiration. This guy should get some kind of good citizen award.

17. Dave Workman

18. Dave Workman

I would very much like to interview this fellow.
    Can you please pass that along?

19. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So instead of "Don't talk to the Police" we don't want to do interviews either?

And if you don't want to carry cuffs,carry zip ties.The cop ones are stronger than cuffs

20. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Wow, that's terrific that you actually know who he is! His name will probably come out in a few days, so until then, could you please give us all a little verification by providing the Good Samaritan's initials? That way we can all be sure you're thinking of the right guy.
    - Thx.