JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
while I have to laugh a LOT at this suspect it will not be worth it. Now if the property was in a place where shooting was OK? Hell yes. They used to make different things to bring one down that would be safe. Have not looked in a long time. Would be kind of fun to get something that will bring it down safely. Then assuming it comes down on their property? Tell owner to pound sand when he asks for it back.

That is my understanding too. If its powered flight, it's considered an aircraft and shooting AT one let alone hitting it they treat the same as shooting at any other aircraft. It's also illegal to jam their transmission from the controller.

My answer = Own your own defense drone. Bigger, badder, and faster. Drone not yours above your property? Scramble your own drone to go up and take it out. Fly right though the other one. Now it's a mid-air collision, not shooting at or shooting an aircraft.

Here built for impacts -

Strap enough HP to a drone and its a flying woodchipper. :D

They make what are essentially weighted gill nets you can hang from a drone to capture other drones. I think I will get one if I have a teenage daughter.

1/6th to 1/8th scale model Kamov or Kaman UAV with steel rotor blades and a payload of whatever non explosive/destructive/lethal anti-spy drone weaponry... weighted gill net could work for capturing, but there may be a problem with "theft of whatever" even though the spy drones are trespassing :confused: are consumer grade electronics shielded from electromagnetic interference? As in a strong enough flying/floating Tesla coil or electromagnet, bam the memory cards fried or some such? I'm not talking about electronic signal jammers, I think that's still illegal for civilians to own... but I'm talking passive electro magnet hanging down and sweeping/hitting a drone... if the electronics aren't well shielded from EMI.

The company I work for a been doing a lot of work on regulatory compliance items on power lines. This program has inspected thousands of poles or structures by drone to find violations and get them fixed. Part of my current job is to look at the inspections and comments. The reported number of firearms pointed at the drones is incredibly high. The drones can take incredible pictures and the drone operators take some real pride at turning people in.

The company I work for a been doing a lot of work on regulatory compliance items on power lines. This program has inspected thousands of poles or structures by drone to find violations and get them fixed. Part of my current job is to look at the inspections and comments. The reported number of firearms pointed at the drones is incredibly high. The drones can take incredible pictures and the drone operators take some real pride at turning people in.

Two things popped into my mind at the last statement

1.) Snitches get stitches:p

2.) Is the act of pointing a gun at an unmanned aircraft illegal - I don't see how it could be if the gun wielding person doesn't pull the trigger.

No idea if its illegal but your definitely going to have the police at the least show up to talk to you. As a matter of self preservation in southern California any discussion of a firearm with the police should be avoided. YMMV

No idea if its illegal but your definitely going to have the police at the least show up to talk to you. As a matter of self preservation in southern California any discussion of a firearm with the police should be avoided. YMMV

Well that's the only reason worth wearing a mask in public now :s0108:

I used to have a lot of fun trying to shoot down the neighbor kids kites when I was about 14. You would be surprised at how many hits a kite can take from a bb/pellet gun and still keep flying.

If my gas propelled circular mini-drones accidentally collided with someone else's drone above my property can I sue them for damaging my property?

Probably better to just stick to the three S's. Shoot, Shovel, and Shut-up.

bubblegum drones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top