JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was <broken link removed> anyone here?

SKYWAY, Wash. -- Police say an armed citizen helped arrest a man who shot another man late Saturday in the Skyway neighborhood south of Seattle.

King County sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said the victim was shot just before 9 p.m. during an argument in the parking lot of the US Bank branch at 12610 76th Avenue South.

A man not involved in the dispute who was using the ATM at the bank pulled out his own gun and pointed it at the shooter, Urquhart said.

Urquhart said the man is licensed to carry the weapon and also had handcuffs with him, although he is not a member of law enforcement.

By the time police arrived, the Good Samaritan already had the suspected shooter cuffed and disarmed.

"That's very unusual, very surprising, and not recommended," Urquhart said of the citizen who intervened. "This guy did a great job, but we don't recommend doing that. You certainly do that at your own risk."

The man who was shot was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries, but he is expected to survive.

Investigators are looking into whether a dispute over drugs may have prompted the shooting.

So I guess that makes me weird, or kinky.
I have a set of cuffs in my EDC bag.
I also have a key on my key chain.
The key has started some interesting conversations...

Hang on... the Good Samaritan, with the bracelets, was at a ATM when this happened... so was he on his way to pick up his lady, or just needing to pay her off.... Boy I hope he wasn't late to his.... "appointment"

Nothing wrong with having a cuff key on the key chain - never know when it might come in handy... I recall how I ended up with one set of cuffs back in the 80s because I had my key. During spring break the local cops had brought in area riot squads to shut down all of the parties near campus... I was walking to a friends apartment with a case of beer and the riot squad turned the corner - locked me to a bike rack, set my beer slightly out of reach, and proceeded down the street. I wasn't even drinking yet and had no open container - hadn't violated any laws - and they detained me without due cause and illegally left me locked to a fixed object without being supervised. Once they were about 50 yards down the street I simply unlocked myself and about 8 others that had been locked to the bike rack and went on my way with beer and the officer's cuffs in hand. I figure it was a learning experience for him - don't leave your equipment unattended or you may look like a fool :)

Hang on... the Good Samaritan, with the bracelets, was at a ATM when this happened... so was he on his way to pick up his lady, or just needing to pay her off.... Boy I hope he wasn't late to his.... "appointment"

Huh? I'm always armed when I'm out of the house, not sure why you would make that implication.

I work with the gentleman that was involved in this incident and he always carries cuffs, peper spray and a flashlight. Thats just how he is. He was not going to an S&M party or anything kinky like that. He much rather forget this whole thing happened. By the way, our good ol left wing media cut out a huge portion of the interview to make it seem like he is a vigilante trying to start a movement or something.

Skyway shooting update: Victim has record, citizen fired once, suspect used .22

The 53-year-old victim in Saturday night’s high-profile Skyway shooting incident in which an armed citizen intervened and took down the suspect has a criminal record that includes residential burglary and malicious mischief, but the suspected gunman has no booking record at the King County Jail.

<broken link removed>

I work with the gentleman that was involved in this incident and he always carries cuffs, peper spray and a flashlight. Thats just how he is. He was not going to an S&M party or anything kinky like that. He much rather forget this whole thing happened. By the way, our good ol left wing media cut out a huge portion of the interview to make it seem like he is a vigilante trying to start a movement or something.

I would very much like to interview this fellow.
Can you please pass that along?

So instead of "Don't talk to the Police" we don't want to do interviews either?

And if you don't want to carry cuffs,carry zip ties.The cop ones are stronger than cuffs

Wow, that's terrific that you actually know who he is! His name will probably come out in a few days, so until then, could you please give us all a little verification by providing the Good Samaritan's initials? That way we can all be sure you're thinking of the right guy.
- Thx.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads