JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A roman candle or flare should be able to set the paper and nylon kites alight pretty easily ;) the hard part is aiming to get good direct hits:D
Yes but I was trying to be stealthy, plus anything that could set that kite on fire could also set our or the neighbors barn on fire. :eek:

At age 14 I had enough sense to know what I could "NOT" get away with...;)

I think if I had a drone abusing my air space, this is where stealth would win out. What ever i did to bring that drone down I would not want to be in the situation with law enforcement after me.

Thus a silencer and firing from hidden locations hard to identify from above would be required. I would use a subsonic .22 load that I could barely hear even while firing the gun. Any sort of shotgun - out of the question.

If the drone pilot shows up and ask about all those gun shots and demands his drone back, well your going to move towards a situation where he may win the day with calling LEO's to the scene.

On the other hand of his drone suddenly just falls from the sky with no tell tail gun shots, you grab it, jump in your car and haul it 10 miles away and throw that son of a bi-otch in a ditch, minus it's camera memory card, then, well, you might achieve plausible deniability and if it come right down to it, No drone will be found on your property and no neighbors will be able to testify about the barrage of shotgun blast they heard.

Remember, if you walk up to that drone you just downed it could still be sending live video to the drone pilot miles away, and being recorded so ware a mask. Also remember that if said drone is still sending video you could already be toast as the location on your property could be identifiable and you have just convicted yourself by that point.

Would it be a better plan to down the drone while it was on its way to or from your location? Just where is that thing coming from or going to after it has buzzed you for the last 5 minutes? You might want to stealthily investigate that before any sort of drone shoot down.

When this drone thing burst on the scene years ago every one just automatically thought drone? Yes, I will shoot those down at will. Now we see the results of that so if your going to do it, do it in a way that if challenged, by the drone operator or law enforcement, you can come out the other end with no evidence against you.

That is what makes sense to me. As much as I would LOVE to shoot down a drone continually buzzing my home/property/air space, I now know what the consequences are for doing that.

--------------------------------

I think the better plan would be to actually find that drone pilot, out him publicly for what he is doing. Then maybe file harassment charges or a federal drone complaint against him could/would convince him to start "leaving you the heck alone".

I think me and a bunch of friends with binoculars and video cameras could fan out and track the drone operator down and get him on film while operating the drone, or at least get his location, his car, his home etc, then go from there.

I would bet that once you know who the person flying the drone is and you confront him, his attitude might change quite a bit. Even if the drone buzzing your home is not in and of itself a crime, if it is being done to ogle your 14 yr old daughter while sun bathing etc, well, outing this fully documented activity could result in a huge amount of publicity, backlash and vary bad results for the guy.

Things such as being fired from his job, publicly harassed and shamed and maybe even have a reverse drone party were you all & friends show up in the street every Sunday and overfly his property with lets say 50 buzzing drones flying all around his house. You could even video that dox him and publicize it as a revenge drone fest. If it is legal for him would it not also be legal for you and a few friends?

Backlash could be huge, like maybe on fox news with photo of him and the story of how his wife buys him a drone for his birthday then finds out he is using that drone she bought him to ogle young girls sun bathing? What do you think might happen?

While that last few scenarios are probably a little over the top, I'd bet even if a small part of that did happen the drone pilot could/would be reduced to begging and pleading your forgiveness and for you to just "go away and leave him alone".

In such circumstances turn about could be the best possible revenge and cost the guy a lot more then the loss of his $1000 drone you were going to blast out of the sky but at the last minute decided to find the dirt bag flying it and out him.

Might be better option then a shoot down & pending federal charges?

:D:eek:o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads