JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife will go to her sisters house and bring me back a plate of left overs. Way less drama if I keep my conservative gun tote'n values out of their liberal, electric car driving household. See the problem is that my brother in law thinks he needs to show me the errors of my ways but will try to shout me down if I return the favor. Last Christmas he had to show me his Tesla doing all sorts of blinky light-open and close door things while blaring Mannheim steam orchestra. I told him it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen a car do.
I don't know whether to laugh or or cry about that one! No doubt they live in Eugene?

_nc_ohc=HFa0vB8PcjwAX-Vfbe5&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I'd have to consult with JustSomeGal to get the menu, but her hard and fast rule is "No food on the dinner table that we didn't grow or raise." So, it will undoubtedly be some assortment of turkey, lamb, beef and rabbit dishes with some vegetable side dishes.

She likes to handle all of the feasting details since she says I'm "clumsy" in the kitchen and considers anything I cook to be "swill." The only detail I'm privy to is the head count, which stands at 43 this year. That's a combination of my family, employees and their families. Maybe next year we'll get some of her delightful family over from Sweden...

It's not as bad as it might sound. My wife does a good job of coordinating and preparing while keeping me out of the fray.. and out of her way. When it comes to setup and cleanup, everyone pitches in. All-in-all, it's more enjoyable than onerous.
Yeah, depends on what your used to. Then I'm sure it helps that you haven't become somewhat anti social in the older years. :) I remember some holidays, when i was growing up, with both leaves in the "dining room" table, and a "kids table", due to my Mormon mother's side of the family!

I voted for arbys beef'n'cheddars with onion buns and curly fries but the vote didn't exactly swing my way.

Crusted Elk roast. Whole chilled fresh caught dungeness w/seasoned hot butter sauce. Brussel sprout off the stalk, starch... smoked oyster stuffing/brown sugar sweet taters/chunky skin on garlic mash taters w/gibblet gravy. I'll just about guarantee someone will bring french cut green bean, creamed mushroom with french fried onion topped casserole. Shimp cocktail appetizers.

How greenbean casserole became a tradition... of all things... I have no idea. It's not "that" crazy delicious. 🤣
i-dont-always-think-but-wheni-do-im-thinkingarbys-i-dont-49024200.png

Weill as I am doing the cooking let me tell you.

Breakfast for 7 will be

Blueberry French toast
Scrambled eggs
Hash browns with diced onion
Johnsonville sausage
Hickory smoked Bacon
Cantaloupe cubes
Coffee OJ and Milk
Condiments to include Pace Salsa, Ketchup, and low sugar maple syrup (grandpa got the Type II so no sugar)

Dinner will be for 5 (sadly the grand daughters will be at their other grandma's with DAD in the evening)

Prime Rib done with Apple chips on my Pit Boss pellet grill McCormick's Chicago Steak seasoning on the outside. I got an inch per person.
Roasted Mashed potatoes (grandpa gets steamed Buttered Cabbage with thin sliced Onions)
Creamed Corn unless I can find some decent looking Corn on the cob.
Creamed Spinach
Hawaiian Dinner rolls and Cresent dinner rolls (grandma dislikes the Hawaiian)
I might make a small Oyster/Corn/Cracker casserole (the wife does not like it my son will only eat a little of it and the daughter and her new guy are unknowns)

My son will do the mixed drinks there will also be Hard Apple cider and My wife's favorite Chardonnay

Yeah, depends on what your used to. Then I'm sure it helps that you haven't become somewhat anti social in the older years. :) I remember some holidays, when i was growing up, with both leaves in the "dining room" table, and a "kids table", due to my Mormon mother's side of the family!
At the farm, we had two large dining rooms - the one used for everyday meals and the formal room used for special occasions. Sometimes we would have people at both if there were many guests. And then there were sometimes one or two "kid's tables" if there were too many to fit on both tables. Those are good memories; of people passing dishes back and forth between the two dining rooms to make sure everybody got some of some dish/food, kids running around and so on.

Ordered the Beef Wellington from Whole Foods.

Anymore, I order pickup/takeout dinners like that.

We used to go to the farm for Thanksgiving & Xmas. Then my grandparents passed and it was kind of off and on until we sold the farm, then it was going to my parents when they were home (they snowbirded) or my kids would fix dinner, then we started going to restaurants until the pandemic.

Now my parents are gone and we haven't gone to a restaurant since the pandemic, so it is ordering a dinner of some sort. For XMas eve we have Chinese takeout, then something more conventional for XMas day.
Does the beef come with Yorkshire pudding?

My wife will go to her sisters house and bring me back a plate of left overs. Way less drama if I keep my conservative gun tote'n values out of their liberal, electric car driving household. See the problem is that my brother in law thinks he needs to show me the errors of my ways but will try to shout me down if I return the favor. Last Christmas he had to show me his Tesla doing all sorts of blinky light-open and close door things while blaring Mannheim steam orchestra. I told him it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen a car do.
Haaaaa...

Last year i was fortunate enough to be down in AZ, but got word that resident libtard Brother Orchestrated two separate Christmas eve dinners, one vaxxer and one non vaxxer.

Saves me a lot of hassle driving way out there and back in the dark, guess I should thank him :D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top