JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and I were riding our motorcycles and came into Christmas Valley from the east and the main drag was lined with people waving at us. Turns out they held up a parade that was to happen so we could pass thru. When we got to the west end of town there was the Sheriff and the parade and they all waved at us as well.

Got back earlier today, stayed an extra day. Weather was near perfect, saw several coyotes within shooting distance. Everyone there let my son take the shots, all missed due to adrenaline. Was a great reachable moment. He came very close to hitting one at 500+ yards on the run. I swear I saw fur fly as it turned directions. All in all, was a great trip, even though I got lots of teasing due to not getting my son his first coyote, first sage rat, or first jack rabbit. Numbers of rabbits and rats were about as low as I've seen in over twenty years of visiting the area. I have a busy summer ahead, my son's still haven't caught a fish and now coyotes, rabbits, and rats. I guess I'll just have to take some more trips East, that's just too bad 😁. The local people there are so friendly and make me believe that not all men are like the city boys we all frequently encounter.

Sounds like a fun trip. My wife and I want to go there this summer and hike Crack in the Ground.
That is a great place for sure. Done forget about Little Crack in the Ground and Hole in the ground too, also well worth the look/hike. Hole in the Ground is from a meteor impact I believe, very impressive!

That is a great place for sure. Done forget about Little Crack in the Ground and Hole in the ground too, also well worth the look/hike. Hole in the Ground is from a meteor impact I believe, very impressive!
There is a place in North West Washoe County Nevada called Hole in the Ground. Went there chukkar hunting once and I am sure it's from a meteor strike. There is a creek that comes right out of the ground on the north side, I believe is Buffalo Creek. I would have to look at my maps to be sure. Pretty cool place.

There is a place in North West Washoe County Nevada called Hole in the Ground. Went there chukkar hunting once and I am sure it's from a meteor strike. There is a creek that comes right out of the ground on the north side, I believe is Buffalo Creek. I would have to look at my maps to be sure. Pretty cool place.
I may have to check that out on our next road trip. If I could find work that pays what I make here I'd move to the Xmas Valley or Fort Rock area in a heartbeat. I love it where there's nothing going on, the beauty is just a bonus.

I may have to check that out on our next road trip. If I could find work that pays what I make here I'd move to the Xmas Valley or Fort Rock area in a heartbeat. I love it where there's nothing going on, the beauty is just a bonus.
Funny...I feel the same way...have lived in the PDX metro area my whole life, there is just something about central/eastern OR that draws me there every year.....heck, I don't even mind if we get skunked on our trips, just being in different scenery away from the day to day and not another soul in sight makes the trip worth it to me.

Funny...I feel the same way...have lived in the PDX metro area my whole life, there is just something about central/eastern OR that draws me there every year.....heck, I don't even mind if we get skunked on our trips, just being in different scenery away from the day to day and not another soul in sight makes the trip worth it to me.
I was. born and raised in Susanville Ca. Spent 60 years of my life there. We moved here three and a half years ago to be near grand kids. I don't miss one thing about California but I do miss the high desert country of north east Ca and Nevada. Good chukkar and quail hunting and mule deer if your lucky enough to get a tag.

That's exactly how I feel as well. This was the first year my son was old enough to go on the "boys" trip, he had a blast. We gave him all the shots at the coyotes and rats, he missed every one due to adrenaline kicking in hard. He's already ready to go back!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top