JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I've paged through a couple of wild game cookbooks I've got. I couldn't find any mention of coyote. One, however, had a recipe for Wolf Strogonoff.

I've politely turned down dog meat and golden brown, cooked puppies in Vietnam.

I hear you're supposed to tie em to a fence with a signpost round their neck that says "cluck cluck m'fer" or some such

Probably just needed more. Try to imitate Vlad the Impaler. I bet that would work.
I knew a guy who killed his chicken flock then lined his fence with the heads for.... reasons? We're not sure, he's a diagnosed schizophrenic. Anyway, the neighbor's grandkids were over for Easter and he was unaware of that decoration beforehand. Went about as well as you'd think

I knew a guy who killed his chicken flock then lined his fence with the heads for.... reasons? We're not sure, he's a diagnosed schizophrenic. Anyway, the neighbor's grandkids were over for Easter and he was unaware of that decoration beforehand. Went about as well as you'd think
I bet he was a vampire. That is how they always start. Kids need to start carving wooden stakes. Then write a book about it.

so out of curiosity I looked at coyote fur prices. The top price will be $25 to $30. that will be a prime winter pelt. A couple years ago the Chinese were paying $65 and up. Fur coats must be out of style there. DR

I've heard that does work. One old boy in scotts mills used to do that. I couldn't even tell ya how many I've killed over the years
When we moved in here I was originally going to get a cross bow to kill them if they got too close to the house. Turned out pelting one with a .22 pellet rifle and a paint ball marker got the message to them to stay clear of my animals. So never did. Now that I have a killer in the select fire .30 PCP I told Wife if I ever do kill one I will hang it from a tree just outside of public view for just that reason. A warning to the others. She said one of the old timers that work here told her that would just attract more of them. I told her he is full of 💩. That they are VERY smart critters and would get the message clearly. I know even the masked bandits seemed to have learned. After I killed the one that was trying to get under the fence where the chickens are. I have seen a couple others who made sure they gave their pen a wide berth and took off as soon as they saw me.

A educated coyote can make a guys a living hell! That why I hate when newbies go out to try and solve a problem......just as bad a smart beaver is a evil SOB too
My wife's stepfather would have agreed with that statement wholeheartedly. Much of this thread brings back memories of him. He too had a huge kill pile out in the back forty. Like you, he probably had no idea how many coyotes he killed over the years. While it wasn't his job like it is for you, he was the guy folks called when your counterpart in his area was unavailable. He had some great stories. Like the time he rolled up on a trap that had a huge bear in it and all he had with him was a .22 Colt Woodsman pistol. I tried to give him a larger caliber, more of a beater/expendable (but reliable) pistol to check traps with, as I hated seeing that classic Colt being somewhat abused. He declined my offer.

so out of curiosity I looked at coyote fur prices. The top price will be $25 to $30. that will be a prime winter pelt. A couple years ago the Chinese were paying $65 and up. Fur coats must be out of style there. DR
Been a VERY long time but I know they used to use them for the fur around parka hoods. Animal fur would not collect moisture. I used to see tags on the parkas saying it was Coyote fur to assure buyers it was not from some endangered animal. This was LONG ago though so not sure if they have since found a man made stuff that will work the same maybe?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top