JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Breakfast leftovers.

Technically brunch.

Merry Christmas NWFA peeps.

BB11CA12-4362-4DB0-A602-F51C410A4795.jpeg

Cooking rats is a difficult task, but it's possible with the right ingredients. Here are some tips to help you cook rats:

1. Use a non-stick skillet or pan set on medium heat.
  2. Add a pinch of salt to your rat food supplies.
  3. Cats and dogs don't seem to have as much of an issue with rats as people do, so you may be able to cook them without fear of their being harmed.
  4. Boil water and pour it over the rat food in the pan or skillet.
  5. Place the rat food in the boiling water and let it sit for about 10 minutes until it begins to boil then remove from heat and enjoy!

@DeanMk Where else? Poulsbo, Bremerton, Keyport and early Silverdale - before mega shopping centers hit.
That's been a while ago. Hell, CK Mall opened in the early 70's, IIRC.
You must remember the old mill in Silverdale then?
Ice skating on Glud's Pond?

Dang, all this talk of seak and prime rib, I might do steak and eggs for breakfast this morning!

Last Edited:
As much as I dislike the current POTUS; the POTUS really doesn't have a whole lot of control over things. The economy is cyclical, there's highs and lows. Sometimes there's some attributable cause to a high or low, but in general, the POTUS is not responsible for the high or low.
So Biden's move to shut down the Keystone Pipeline and then assuring Big Oil that they had no future isn't the reason why gas prices doubled overnight?

That's been a while ago. Hell, CK Mall opened in the early 70's, IIRC.
You must remember the old mill in Silverdale then?
Ice skating on Glud's Pond?

Dang, all this talk of seak and prime rib, I might do steak and eggs for breakfast this morning!
Nothing like Elsie's at 2:00 in the morning. 5 cups of coffee please.

Old Mill rings a bell, but my memory is not as good as it was - and remember, it was the 70's.

Nothing like Elsie's at 2:00 in the morning. 5 cups of coffee please.

Old Mill rings a bell, but my memory is not as good as it was - and remember, it was the 70's.
The mill was at the intersection of Bucklin Hill and Silverdale Way. It was derilect by the 70's.
My sister worked at The Sandpiper restaurant for a while in the early 70's.
Chinese food at Van Louie's at the other end of town.
Burgers at Crazy Erics or the Triple X.
Everybody heads to the J&M after work (sometimes followed by a trip to Elsie's afterwards ;))
...speaking of which...
Elsie's, the hangover hang out! Drink a wee bit too much? Get a bite at Elsie's!
I can still remember coming down the hill into Silverdale and the only lights after that church was Elsie's.
These days, Elsie's is a Mexican place (last I looked) and The old mill and The Sandpiper have been gone for a long time now.
The town's changed a lot since way back when, but you'd probably still recognize it. Things haven't changed that much. =)

Last Edited:
The mill was at the intersection of Bucklin Hill and Silverdale Way. It was derilect by the 70's.
My sister worked at The Sandpiper restaurant for a while in the early 70's.
Chinese food at Van Louie's at the other end of town.
Burgers at Crazy Erics or the Triple X.
Everybody heads to the J&M after work (sometimes followed by a trip to Elsie's afterwards ;))
...speaking of which...
Elsie's, the hangover hang out! Drink a wee bit too much? Get a bite at Elsie's!
I can still remember coming down the hill into Silverdale and the only lights after that church was Elsie's.
These days, Elsie's is a Mexican place (last I looked) and The old mill and The Sandpiper have been gone for a long time now.
The town's changed a lot since way back when, but you'd probably still recognize it. Things haven't changed that much. =)
Now I remember Old Mill and the Sandpiper.

Bucklin Hill - 120 mph in a 67 Barracuda at 5:30 AM listening to Weasels Ripped My Flesh (Frank Zappa).

Too bad about Elsie's, it was a landmark.

Crazy Eric's, 5 for a dollar burgers. Always had coupons in my pocket.

Face it, Silverdale was kind of a dump in the old days, but better than it is now. It did have a few pluses though.

I did buy my 78 HD Superglide from a auto parts store just outside of Silverdale. I still have it.

Last Edited:
Now I remember Old Mill and the Sandpiper.

Bucklin Hill - 120 mph in a 67 Barracuda at 5:30 AM listening to Weasels Ripped My Flesh (Frank Zappa).

Too bad about Elsie's, it was a landmark.

Crazy Eric's, 5 for a dollar burgers. Always had coupons in my pocket.

Face it, Silverdale was kind of a dump in the old days, but better than it is now. It did have a few pluses though.

I did buy my 78 HD Superglide from a auto parts store just outside of Silverdale. I still have it.
No one drives like that any more, unless they're on the freeway. Its like we're all a bunch of old fudd's anymore (even the kids).
Where was the auto parts store?

@DeanMk I looked on a map and Googled auto parts stores with no luck. It was west of Silverdale (duh).

When my biker friend showed it to me, I bought it and we spent about 6 hours on the back roads behind Silverdale, down to Belfair and up to Lofal, . Even got lost once.

Last Edited:
@DeanMk I looked on a map and Googled auto parts stores with no luck. It was west of Silverdale (duh).

When my biker friend showed it to me, I bought it and we spent about 6 hours on the back roads behind Silverdale, down to Belfair and up to Lofal, . Even got lost once.
That's a long ride. Lofall's a couple miles south of me. Belfair's about an hour away.
There was a Harley dealership on Provost (where the kids used to drag race), but I don't think it opened until the 90's.
Last I looked, it was a NW Motorsports shop.
I remember a small auto parts store at the far end of town, next to the muffler shop. This would've been just past the J&M tavern, if you're heading towards Newberry Hill. Otherwise you had to go into Bremerton to get parts, as far as I can remember..

This Christmas was crappy.
I had pneumonia, so dinner was Gatorade and hot cider. No appetite.
Too bad for me. The wife went to the daughter and son in law's. He made prime rib. :(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews