JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No system is fool proof! It has been alot nicer now that u can look at the first page and see what is new and not scroll through 5 pages of ads seeing a bunch of garbage bumps. As to multiple posts for same item, this is why we are a community it's our job as users to help the mods "police" the site. As you can see by trism's post cheaters will be dealt with. Personally I like this site because its not the Mega national site. Kinda a small town feel here.

Perhaps the problem Posters should be sent to Buddy's site for some Re.education.

Sturmgewehr Assault Rifle and NFA Forums - 24/7 Online Gunshow and Firearm Community

A few weeks there and they may actually learn that Rules can & will be Enforced:s0155:

A small sample of how to fix the problem here:

Are your Posts DISAPPEARING? Heres why > Ctx

Posted By: Buddy (70.138.49.116)
Date: 5/14/12 19:43

Are your Posts DISAPPEARING? Heres why > Ctx

Reposted for the SCROLL Challenged Posters out there.....
Yeah...YOU Know Who YOU are....cause ya keep gettin' ZAPPED !

Some of you will NOT scroll down the board and READ this message.....
Soooooooo....back to the Top of the Board its goes......AGAIN !!

Go ahead...Scroll down this very board and SEE this SAME Post....

Someone just emailed me....."Why are my ads being Zapped?"

Well.....here you go.......

Guys PLEASE read and understand the posting rules here........
These Rules have to be Posted OVER and OVER again and AGAIN...BECAUSE some of YOU will NOT STOP Posting Long enough to Learn WHY your Posts KEEP DISAPPEARING.....

STOP for just a minute and SCROLL down the board and LOOK and the HUNDREDS of posts down THIS very board...they are all posted correctly!!

Your Post was zapped...because YOU didn't Read the below set of Rules....

So.....Slow Down and READ the Following Set of Rules................

If your post disappeared..... you violated one or more of the rules listed below.....read carefully....
do NOT email me asking what you did wrong.....you figure out what you did.........its all listed below.....
As you post look at these Rules one by one ....pay close attention......
Hundreds post here Correctly every day....so it is NOT Impossible.....
take your time and SLOW DOWN....and THINK...then Post....

If after reading these rules...several times and you still "don't get it"..... then please go post elsewhere....hey...go try Shotgun News...or Gun List...pay for an ad and wait weeks for it to appear!!!

Rule #1......

Your post must start with...... WTS or WTB or WTT .....
WTS - Want to Sell
WTB - Want to Buy
WTT - Want to Trade
This will help viewers save time on the boards...
failure to do this will cause your post to disappear rather quickly.....
Again start your post with either WTS WTB or WTT
not FS, Not For sale, not *****WTS, Not W.T.S., not ****FS, not SALE

simply WTS WTB or WTT

Also...NO exccessive Hieroglyphs IN the Title.... like these below......
>>>>>>>>>>>>
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
&&&&&&&&
@@@@@@@
#############
++++ +++++
============>
...... ........

One or two is ok....no more...... thanks

And be SPECIFIC in your TITLE ...tell us lots of info...stop wasting everyones time here.....
failure to do this and your post WILL disappear

Rule #2......

This board is for Firearm related Parts and Accessories only...NO weapons
Again...PARTS and Accessories......
Parts Repair a weapon....
Accessories "add" to a weapon
it has to be Parts or Accessories.......
Gun Related...but NOT a Part or Accessory ?
Then Post on the COLLECTOR's Market Board !
ANY Item that does NOT fit IN a Weapon...or fit ON a Weapon....Gets ZAPPED Here.

Translation.......
NO READING Magazines.....
NO Night Vision Goggles OR Accessories..... On ANY Board...PERIOD !
NO Spotting Scopes....
NO Binoculars.......
NO Range Finders.......
NO Refinishing.....
NO GunSmithing Tools / Jigs.....
NO Tannerite.....
NO Pocket/Combat/Folding Knifes... [Bayonets are OK...as they FIT ON a weapon]
NO Smoke Grenades.....NO Tear Gas...NO CS Gas
NO Drag Bags.......
NO "Vests"...... NO Body Armor .... On ANY Board...PERIOD !
NO Reloading Equipment.....
NO Primers ................
NO Brass......
NO Bullets.....
NO AirSoft.....

Use Sturm's COLLECTOR's Market Board for these "Collector" Items....

PLUS some of you guys do NOT Know the difference Between a Part and an Accessory....
Parts MAKE and Weapon
Accessories ADD To a Weapon

Do NOT List ..."WTS HK MP5 Parts"
Then Inside list HK MP5 Accessories.

Ammo is OK....as it Fits IN a Weapon....
Except "OLD" Ammo...as in Ammo for Turn-of-the-Century Weapons.....like the ones posted The Collector's Market Board
NO 40mm / 37mm Ammo.....Collector's Board
Manuals are ok...they ARE an Accessory....
Holsters are OK......but NO Police Equipment !

And......
NO motorcycles...autos...trucks...boats....jewelery...watches...coins...DVD's [geeezzzz]....Police Equipment [yeah that means VESTS/Body Armor]....Camping Equipment [military or otherwise]....clothing.....No BB Guns....NO GPS anything!.... etc...etc...
in other words....if it ain't Firearms related......don't post it...I will delete it......
after all this is a GUN BOARD.......it AIN'T craigslist !

Again...If it doesn't fit IN or go ON a Firearm....do NOT Post on This Board...... USE the COLLECTOR's Market Board !

Rule #3......

WTS Single/Double Items MUST have PRICE/S IN the TITLE or get Zapped !!
There should be 3 things mentioned in your Single Item Post Title.....
The Item...Condition...and PRICE.....thats it.....
anything else goes INSIDE your post......
Doing this will will help make the boards a bit better.....
Seeing a price in the TITLE ....SAVES Everyone TIME....

Do NOT Post the word CHEAP in your Title....post the PRICE...
we will judge if it is indeed Cheap...simply by looking at the PRICE in the Title.....

I am Now Zapping Titles that say "Cheap"...AND short Titles without Prices....

And NO TEXT / NTXT Titles....WILL GET ZAPPED
If you want to SELL HERE......You WILL take a few Minutes and DESCRIBE Your Item's........

Rule #4......

do NOT use a SINGLE COMMON NAME...
NO.. John...Scott..Tom..Doug...Steve...Robert...Paul...etc..etc...
Use the first letter of your last name as well..... John S...Scott T...Tom B...Doug H...Steve S....Robert B....etc..etc........... you will not get a "warning shot"....you will get Zapped.....

Rule #5......

No link to Auctions.....PERIOD!

Rule #6......:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Don't Be a Board Hog on this board.....if you post several items...day after day after day.....
never leaving your posts alone [like everyone else]....but always "Staying at the TOP of the Board".....
Your posts are "toast".:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:.. ...if you post ad after ad after ad...all in a row on this board...some will get zapped....space them out.....
also....posting several posts with one item in each post.... that could very easily be combined into ONE post....:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:..
These "Multiple single item posts " are a waste of board space....and I will zap them! :s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:
Combine your posts!!.

Rule #7......

This is NOT a DISCUSSION BOARD....please do NOT post ANY comments under someones ad/post.....
Please EMAIL the poster DIRECTLY.....If you have a question then email the question DIRECTLY to the poster.... do NOT post a question on the board.......
When you new guys read a post.....DO NOT POST A RESPONSE UNDER THAT POST.....Click on the posters BLUE LINE Email address [located under the post title] this will allow you to EMAIL the poster DIRECTLY....so again....DO NOT POST A RESPONSE !!
Every day I have to delete dozens and Dozens and DOZENS of posts...
and almost 60% are posts asking the poster a question.....
PLEASE email the question DIRECTLY to the poster...don't "clutter up" the boards!!!
if you post under someones ad...and you have a post...I will delete your post/s as a way of "training" you :s0131::s0131::s0131::s0131::s0131::s0131::s0131:....do NOT post under ANYONE's ad!!!
Your post MUST HAVE an EMAIL ADDRESS....after all this IS THE INTERNET!!!

Rule #8......

Make sure your post is correct BEFORE posting......do not post these "opps I forgot to add" posts.... :s0155::s0155::s0155:
THINK BEFORE YOU POST....
slow down and THINK what you want to say.....then post.....:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:
some of you guys are NOT thinking before posting.....slow down and think first

Rule #9......

If you have an OLD ad/item/s and you REPOST this SAME ad/item/s....
PLEASE DELETE your OLD AD

....If you don't remove your OLD ad/post...I will remove your NEW post...... this is a simple rule.
If you post an item/s and then list it again with other items in a new post...your new post will DISAPPEAR........

Do a SEARCH on Your Name [be sure and set the time to WEEKS] to find your OLD Ad/Post and then delete it.....you can also hold down your Ctrl key and then hit the F key...and use that search feature.....

With that said.....do NOT repost your ad/s every other day....or 2..or 3..or 4...or 5 days......
post your ads then leave them up....yes two days...three days...four days....five days.......
Repost them AFTER having been up for 7 days......

Every time your post gets Zapped the 7 Day Limit starts all over again.....:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

Reposting is unfair to the 99% who post and leave their posts "alone":s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

As for "updated / revised" posts..... simply post an "update" UNDER your old post..... :s0155::s0155:
do NOT delete your post and repost an "updated" post...until after 7 days.....
daily "updates" is simply reposting...... go read the "How to correctly update your post.... 8 steps"

and do NOT changing your NAME / HANDLE to avoid "capture"....if you do this and you become a "problem" by reposting thinking that I will not catch you...I WILL...and you will find ALL of your posts vanish.... BEST RULE YET:s0155::s0155:

Rule #10......

If you do NOT Delete your updates......I will delete ALL your new posts until you do.....
some of you guys have to learn the hard way.....

Rule #11......

If you list the same item/s on more than ONE board....
only one post will survive.....read the board TITLES before posting.....

Rule #12......

List your items....with prices..... no one should have to "Email" you for a list....post your "list" or do not post.....

Rule #13......

You did not "update" your post correctly....go read the "How to correctly update your post.... 8 steps"

Rule #14......

If you are selling Ammo [ Or ANY Item ] and prefer a FTF [Face To Face] transaction......
You MUST TYPE ... FTF... IN YOUR TITLE
Then TYPE Your CITY AND State along WITH your Name.......
Translation.......WHY waste buyers time that Live 1000 Miles away ???
You MUST Type ... WHO Made the AMMO....IN YOUR TITLE !

Correct Title >>>> WTS 5.56PortugueseFMN/NC 2000rds$550 FTFOnly___BuddyH Houston,TX

Then inside your post explain the details......
Again...look at the Title.....zero In on>>> "FTF Only____BuddyH Houston,TX

Now then...Only guys living within the Houston Area would be interested in this post...... Not Phoenix...Not Miami...Not Seattle...Not Chicago....

Fail at this request and prepare to be ZAPPED !

********************************************************************************
If you are a "trouble poster" on other gunboards....you most likely will soon cause trouble here....so your posts will be deleted here on Sturmgewehr.com.........

And remember this...you are posting here FREE of Charge.....all we ask in return is use common courtesy and to follow the posting rules

and last.....let me say this...... Sturmgewehr.com is not a public forum.....
second..... visitors may post firearm related items for sale or trade and post looking to find firearm related items....all FREE of CHARGE......

PROVIDED the poster....thats you....follow Sturmgewehr.com?s Posting Rules.......

I am the Moderator of Sturmgewehr.com...... this place is like my home......
act up and disobey the rules and I will ask you to leave...Plain and Simple....
If I were a visitor to your home and "acted up" you would most certainly ask me to leave....Same here.......
obey the posting rules and you can buy and sell.......that usually means that YOU will make money......
again I will say this ...... you are posting for FREE....nada...zip..... nothing.
You make money..... and I help you to do this......
In turn ...all I ask is that you follow the posting rules...

Sturmgewehr.com....works and works well..... the rules make it run smoothly.
There are LOTS of buyers and seller that visit Sturmgewehr.com daily......
In fact you are missing out on a very large customer base by NOT posting here.....

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

People that cause problems will be asked to stop posting ......usually for a few days and in some cases...they become such a problem that they are no longer welcome to post and have been banned from posting on Sturmgewehr.com...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

There have been THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of suceessful transactions here on Sturmgewehr.com...... BUT there will always be someone that simply cannot and will not follow the rules...... as for every poster...the choice is YOURS.....
follow the posting rules..... and make money or find that item....cause trouble and miss out on all this cool gunstuff.........BINGO:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

thanks

Buddy

I can respect the FACT that this is not my web page/forum. That being said.......

I've noticed that some ads are very poorly written. Some ad posters just leave alot to the imagination. Which could be a ploy to get an ad BTT w/o a violation of the rules.

Example............

WTS: Rem 700 rifle, .30 caliber, $500.

Q: What cartridge is it chambered for?
A: .30-06

Q: What kind of stock does it have?
A: Wooden stock.

Q: How long is the barrel?
A: 26" barrel

Q: What kind of finish does it have?
A: Matt blue

Q: I have a AK47 for trade - intrested?
A: Nope, need the cash for an AR15 project.

Q: I got partial cash and an AR15 stripped upper, is that what you're looking for?
A: Nope, I wanted the cash for a lower half.

Etc, etc, etc.......

So, yes. Having the OP get tons of PMs might be a solution to this abuse. However, allowing folks to post in a thread can also be a vehicle to getting the information out there to MORE readers, very quickly. I'd suspect that a note from a moderator would quickly end any persistent postings of this sort.

Then......

The, WTT ads is/can be legitimate (in it's intent) when posted with a specific list of what a buyer wants. Additionally, IMHO a cash price should also be "required" to be posted with a WTT ad.

Example: WTT my .30-06, 26" bbl, matt blue finish, wooden stocked, Rem 700. Let me know what you got.

Q: I got a SW M60 wanna trade?
A: Nope, I prefer COLT.

Q: I got a COLT AR
A: Not interested in a COLT AR.

Q: I got a AK in 7.62x39
A: What brand?

Q: What's a "cash price?"
A: $500 but, I'd rather trade for a COLT Python.

Q: I got a COLT Python w/ 6" barrel to trade.
A: I wanted a 4" barrel, thanks but no thanks.

Etc, etc, etc............

Mind you that I'm not talking about any REAL POSTS (for these examples) but, you can see the ABUSE that can/could occur. And, it's frustrating to read too.

But, that's just my .02. I can see YOUR frustration with this matter. And, I can respect that you've decided to do as you wanted.

Aloha, Mark

I was one that "voted" to close the ads and only one thing concerned me about that. It was the ability to post an "I'll take it". But after seeing that many on this board (mostly non-supporting members) said that they wouldn't/didn't honor an "I'll take it" as a done deal, I see no reason to keep them open.

As to those that think a post saying "I'll take it" means a sale soon after at the agreed price... well it's a shame so many think that a person's word isn't a bond. That's another story, I guess.

It doesn't work too well with USED items. Not to mention that some sellers may/will intentionally hide stuff that should be disclosed as a matter of "being honest." Example: Taking a picture and posting a picture of the GOOD side while hiding the major rust/straches on the other side.

Either way, this ought to make things easier for the mods and will make the classifieds, well, much more simple. Hopefully the posters will take the opportunity to update the ads in response to the questions asked via PM. If one person asks a question on an item, other viewers may be wondering the same things.

Good point. Not to mention that for some ad posters, they are really slow about their replys. And, they don't close their ads after the sale.

Aloha, Mark

Thank you for all your comments everyone. I'm reading each of them as they're posted, even if I don't reply. I'm thinking the way to go is going to be keeping the software like it is, enabling replies, but making it so replies from others do not 'bump' the post. What do you guys think of that?

Thank you for all your comments everyone. I'm reading each of them as they're posted, even if I don't reply. I'm thinking the way to go is going to be keeping the software like it is, enabling replies, but making it so replies from others do not 'bump' the post. What do you guys think of that?

I personally prefer the current set up, but with the added reply option I could still scan the classifieds in 5 min and see all the new posts. Either way....I like it

It think that is the ticket!

I think that's the way to go too.

In light of a Compromise ......I'm thinkin its a step in the right direction.
Violations need to be B-slapped and dealt with
sternly & quickly with..a touch of forgiveness perhaps.........NEED well posted rules for classifieds more in the line of Buddy's site. read.. above posts

Let them slide one time and Boot-em/Delete-em. BAN repeat offenders period. Post all relivant material in Ad or research it in a different section till you know what you have to the best of your ability.... THEN post WTS? or whatever.

We went through this phase in 08/09........Majority wants some kind of " Reply" ENABELED

The lack of interaction.........At least on a Informative perspective...does not attract my attention at all.:s0159::s0067:

On an unrelated matter:
There should be a Hall of Shame........I trader page similar to the Uzitalk site.

Out the offenders in Public on the Front page...Might make some more willing to READ the RULES

Baby steps will turn this Issue around & clean up this time consuming ,problamatic issue for the Mod Squad.:D:D

td

I agree that's a great compromise. I like being able to ask and asking questions about a potential purchase or sale. Not 'bumping' it does not affect the informational aspect, but would cut out the cheaters ability to self or buddy bump.
Chris

Mr Joe Link - you are authorized to proceed without further distraction or diversion. You have the go ahead from EMP9596, dakaham, accessbob, and myself. All other opinions are secondary. :)

Well too many pages here to read through so I'll just post my thoughts.

A stickey at the top of the CLASSIFIEDS kinda giving the sellers some points on things like... say... PICTURES? Maybe links to Flicker or photobucket,whatever the cool one is now.
And as the post above says,a better description of the gun,all the little things we have to ask the folks selling
I mean if you are selling a $200 gun,no biggy.But a $1500 AR,tell me the details.

And state that pictures are good to have(did I already say that?),as most men are visual creatures and want to see the item,not go google the item.Seems showing off a gun would be the seller's job
"I'm here now and want to see it,not have to wait for you to email or text it to me",sort of idea.

BTW,who doesn't have a camera phone these days? Or a pocket camera? How much is a cheap one now? $40? There has to be a 15yo around to help post them for you.

OH YEAH!!!
Where do you live? Forks Wa or Spokane Wa? Portland northwest or Grants Pass Northwest?

I agree that's a great compromise. I like being able to ask and asking questions about a potential purchase or sale. Not 'bumping' it does not affect the informational aspect, but would cut out the cheaters ability to self or buddy bump.
Chris

+1 information and input is valuable.
Sometimes the humor or levity is good too. AND the thread crapping works against the crapper - I may/have decided I don't want to do business with them. I have met some cool people here, but I have scanned profiles and comments before deciding to meet them in person.
People that want ONLY the ad - as incomplete as it is - don't scroll down.

Make it so, Number One.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads