JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have to say I don't need 20 "wow that's a nice gun. Wish I had the money" replies to know if there is "action" on the after.what does it matter? I personally have never bought a gun because of it. The replies are a waste of time and space.

I completeley agree that "tire kickers" and "scheist talkers" are a waste of time and space.

I disagree that all replies are a waste of time and space, and if one comes here to learn things, they can be very helpful. Sometimes an informative reply can assist the seller in moving his goods. Sometimes an informative reply can assist a potential buyer with his interest in that model of gun. Sometimes an informative reply can simply serve to educate even someone not interested in purchase of that gun, but seeking to increase his firearm knowledge.

CASE IN POINT: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-classifieds/98183-nice-old-ruger-mini-14-a.html (THIS NEW PROGRAM REALLY REALLY WORKS!!!)

For those who have enviably achieved complete satisfaction with their current level of knowledge, and choose to seek no more (yes, they do exist in numbers which may surprise), the ability to exchange information about a particular gun for sale (WITHOUT bumping the ad) may well be a waste. The very real quantity of these individuals insists that their point of view be seriously considered.

OK maybe I'm a little thick headed here but how does pm sent add any value to a thread? That has never made me think oh there may a deal I'm not gonna pm on this one. If its something I'm interested in I will pm the OP. And I really don't need the OP to tell me he pm'd me either, I will know he did when I get it. I really don't care what someone replies on a post as long as it doesn't bump the ad. The problem is the buddy bumps that keep pushing ads down the page. As soon as they enabled responding to threads it started this trend all over again. Dontx know what the new software is supposed to do but hopefully it will remedy the situation.

Personally I don't need or want someone "helping" in the sale of my firearms! If I don't know what I have for sale or put the right info in my ad that's my problem. If people want knowledge that's what the rest of the forum is for. NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS! Thanks but no thanks. If people want to put their nose in something get a book from the library.

So spit bumped an ad to try to sell something he has. seems legit. just think if that added 1M internet points of value, pm sent is at least worth a few I suppose.

Presumptions quite often are the refuge of one lacking facts. I know, because I often catch myself seeking refuge there. More often than not, I discover later (equipped with facts) my presumption was off the mark. I am not "trying to sell" the mounts for the mini. I offered assistance to not only the seller, but any potential buyer of the gun. These mounts have been in my parts bin for over 20 years. Any energetic and interested person might talk me out of them for a song.

Perhaps my point of view toward comraderie on this website is not shared by others, and individualistic attitudes are certainly the order of the day in our current society. I was raised different, and I conduct myself differently. If I can be of any assistance to anyone who shares the passion for firearms that I do, I will render that assistance immediately and without reservation. I extend myself regularly in this manner, and my effort is returned usually tenfold. I persist in this action until an individual shows himself to be not worthy of it. I presume at the outset that he is.

Personally I don't need or want someone "helping" in the sale of my firearms! If I don't know what I have for sale or put the right info in my ad that's my problem. If people want knowledge that's what the rest of the forum is for. NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS! Thanks but no thanks. If people want to put their nose in something get a book from the library.

I completely agree that limitation of one's sources of information certainly simplifies things (very often oneself).

Personally, If I list a firearm based on incorrect or incomplete information, I would WELCOME any assistance I might obtain from the good people here on this site. If I were a potential buyer of a certain firearm, I would WELCOME any additional information about it that persons other than the seller might provide.

I find that seeking new sources of information and enlightenment is not only pleasurable, but very often profitable. I would never close the door to any avenue offering such gain.

I completely agree that limitation of one's sources of information certainly simplifies things (very often oneself).

Personally, If I list a firearm based on incorrect or incomplete information, I would WELCOME any assistance I might obtain from the good people here on this site. If I were a potential buyer of a certain firearm, I would WELCOME any additional information about it that persons other than the seller might provide.

I find that seeking new sources of information and enlightenment is not only pleasurable, but very often profitable. I would never close the door to any avenue offering such gain.

I am all for using this forum to educate myself on anything im buying or selling, That being said, the classifieds are not the place to do it. It is unfair to all those who have done due dilligence in thier post to get bumped off the front page because someone didnt get thier post right and a bunch of do gooders are giving them free bumps! Maybe next time i have an AR-15 for sale I will list it as an m1 garand so i can keep it on the front page with free bumps all day long! Everyone can tell what im selling but im sure 100 people will clarify the ad for me. If thier ad is messed up or you have info that can help them send them a PM or email. Im sure in the case of the mini14 that would have worked just fine. then its up to the seller to modify the ad. Im sure some people appreciate what your doing spitpatch but me personally i see it as nothing but "thread crapping" a post.

I am all for using this forum to educate myself on anything im buying or selling, That being said, the classifieds are not the place to do it. It is unfair to all those who have done due dilligence in thier post to get bumped off the front page because someone didnt get thier post right and a bunch of do gooders are giving them free bumps! Maybe next time i have an AR-15 for sale I will list it as an m1 garand so i can keep it on the front page with free bumps all day long! Everyone can tell what im selling but im sure 100 people will clarify the ad for me. If thier ad is messed up or you have info that can help them send them a PM or email. Im sure in the case of the mini14 that would have worked just fine. then its up to the seller to modify the ad. Im sure some people appreciate what your doing spitpatch but me personally i see it as nothing but "thread crapping" a post.

I sincerely hope we are having this discussion in real time. Real time and the new program does NOT bump the ad when additional information is supplied.

I'm not Joe Link's sycophant or lackey (in fact, on our first meeting face to face at the gunshow last week, he gave me credit for taking him to task when others give unproductive and unlimited support). But he's hit on a perfect solution here, I think: contribute and exchange information on the classifieds, but only the seller can bump in standard schedule limitations.

A Perfect World.

What an interesting conversation.................BUT.................. 'REAL TIME' has made about half the discussion mute as the thread bumping by comment has been eliminated by Joe.

Always some good reading here.....and have a great day Gent's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top