JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I knew if I just utilized the state of the art site/tools that the FOUNDING FATHERS of this GREAT forum (which has been provided free to its members) I would find the answer to my question. I was wondering if I had been punished, no posting/reply to classified threads? Maybe if I was a little more involved with the community I would have known sooner. The decision for the no-post/non owner makes sense to me. Not only will it free time but I would bet it will also hinder the empty I'll take it promises/pledges. The only speedbump I see is the added information from user questions/input/help from other members. We will just have to remind eachother to update the ad when missing/incorrect info was posted in a Classified ad. Hell it will also help some of us CAVE-MEN save face when we forget to list all info. HAPPY DAYS

Definitely need a sticky about pictures and how to close the threads
*** IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION*** not somewhere else.
Nobody reads the rules and regulations anyway...uh,uh but I did....yeah

A stickey like "Close threads..Go advanced!!!"
Or
Sell your gun!! Put pics IN THE THREAD!!!"

There's a Kimber in there today,guessing in the 1500+ range,with gold inlays,etc,etc, and no pic or value/price.
How do you expect to sell a high end gun without pics or what YOU think the value is?
I don't want you to email me,till I see the gun.

Or

There's a Kimber in there today,guessing in the 1500+ range,with gold inlays,etc,etc, and no pic or value/price.
How do you expect to sell a high end gun without pics or what YOU think the value is?

However, I might be compelled to post a quick note like; "Pics please" or "Please post price".

But I can't.

:s0013:

Will :)

Or

Agreed, threads need to be created/revised. I'll try to get that done this weekend.

I don't miss the BS in the threads, but do miss the good info and miss the ability to post an I'll take it- but until there's a rule stating that first posted I'll take it has precedence didn't matter much anyways. Overall I love being able to browse and not see the same 10ads everytime!!

Even though this is a surprise that I just found out, and doesn't sit well, I can see the positive gains from this. When you are the seller, there are alot of unwanted B.S. when you think it might actaully be someone interested. I guess, now, if you have a message, it should be good. just doesnt seem normal, but im sure we will all love it in a year.

:(

MILSPEC?? is that anything like TACTICOOL?? ;)

I'll take it!

How fast does it shoot?

...pm on the way!:eek:

Don't you just miss posting to a WTS classified? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, If there was a way to curb the non-buying, thread dumping comments on WTS adds, without too much monitoring, I would like to see the informational replies returned. There's a bunch of members that know a heck of a lot more than I do about firearms. I've always appreciated the professional advise.

Be well,
Will

The missing community feedback that gives an indication of general interest, and therefore perceived value, will be gone.

I agree with this. I think you lose a lot of good information this way and forcing deals to be exclusively private could invite dishonesty and welcome shady dealings and people. This isn't ebay. There's zero insurance against bad deals, but at least the various current feedback systems (trade ratings and comments) allow for a little check and balance by contributing members. I think disallowing comments is unnecessary. I think it'd be better to go the extra distance and find a way to allow comments in the classifieds that just don't bump the ad. If you can regulate the original poster, I don't see why it can't be done for comments.

Not to mention it's a waste of PM space and time to have to reply to or ask the same questions being repeated by users through PM that you could just cover with a public comment.

I don't think solving the bumping issue by sacrificing or restricting the flow and exchange of information on the forum is really the answer. I'm glad to see the forum working on the bumping issue, but I'm not a fan of this all or nothing/one or the other/ out-of-sight-out-of-mind approach. Especially when there is already an option to read the forum without viewing ads. (And sorry, but if people don't like information sorted and prioritized by community shared relevance, they should probably stay away from forums) Pardon my frankness, but the new change seems more like an excuse to not take responsibility for moderating the classifieds. And if you aren't going to moderate them, then why make more roadblocks that members have to go around? If you want to shift responsibility away from the moderators and onto the person selling the item, why not just let members participating in the classifieds do that.... and dictate how the classifieds work, like the free market? (like they are now) Bad ads don't get traffic, and bubblegums that cause trouble get reported or eventually leave because no one tolerates their bs and wants to deal with them. Problem solved. This new thing just seems like pushing the problems under the rug so that the forum doesn't have to look at them. I say, let the community take care of it's own. JMO. On a personal note, I like reading the classified comments because I always learn something new about the items up for sale, and it helps me gauge who I do or don't want to deal with, based on their contributions to other people's ads. I really appreciate the effort being made and think it's a step in the right direction :), but I hope the forum keeps working to improve this new change.

How are we to inform a member that his PMs are full? Not everyone has themselves set up to have an E-Mail notification sent via E-mail, at least I think that's how it works. For instance I do not. I don't check my E-Mail 'cept in the morning.

I wonder the same, because I'm in the same boat.

It's too bad people can't just play nice.

I understand the administrative nightmare the mods have to deal with, but I'm against removing freedoms fundamentally.

What he said. :s0155:

I agree with this. I think you lose a lot of good information this way and forcing deals to be exclusively private could invite dishonesty and welcome shady dealings and people. This isn't ebay. There's zero insurance against bad deals, but at least the various current feedback systems (trade ratings and comments) allow for a little check and balance by contributing members. I think disallowing comments is unnecessary. I think it'd be better to go the extra distance and find a way to allow comments in the classifieds that just don't bump the ad. If you can regulate the original poster, I don't see why it can't be done for comments.

Not to mention it's a waste of PM space and time to have to reply to or ask the same questions being repeated by users through PM that you could just cover with a public comment.

I don't think solving the bumping issue by sacrificing or restricting the flow and exchange of information on the forum is really the answer. I'm glad to see the forum working on the bumping issue, but I'm not a fan of this all or nothing/one or the other/ out-of-sight-out-of-mind approach. Especially when there is already an option to read the forum without viewing ads. (And sorry, but if people don't like information sorted and prioritized by community shared relevance, they should probably stay away from forums) Pardon my frankness, but the new change seems more like an excuse to not take responsibility for moderating the classifieds. And if you aren't going to moderate them, then why make more roadblocks that members have to go around? If you want to shift responsibility away from the moderators and onto the person selling the item, why not just let members participating in the classifieds do that.... and dictate how the classifieds work, like the free market? (like they are now) Bad ads don't get traffic, and bubblegums that cause trouble get reported or eventually leave because no one tolerates their bs and wants to deal with them. Problem solved. This new thing just seems like pushing the problems under the rug so that the forum doesn't have to look at them. I say, let the community take care of it's own. JMO. On a personal note, I like reading the classified comments because I always learn something new about the items up for sale, and it helps me gauge who I do or don't want to deal with, based on their contributions to other people's ads. I really appreciate the effort being made and think it's a step in the right direction :), but I hope the forum keeps working to improve this new change.

I wonder the same, because I'm in the same boat.

What he said. :s0155:

:drink::s0155:

I've been speaking with several developers about re-enabling the replies like we talked about, but making it so only the original poster can bump the thread (after 7 days). Should have some progress on this very soon. Thanks for your patience everyone!

I've been speaking with several developers about re-enabling the replies like we talked about, but making it so only the original poster can bump the thread (after 7 days). Should have some progress on this very soon. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Excellent compromise. I especially miss being able to post a reply the in ''Good Buys: section

Great new Joe. After being on a site that had no replies in the Classifieds for years, I know their benefits and problems. I think your compromise is an excellent solution.

I still miss reading the comments, and have the urge to make same at times, on the for sale adds. I'll also mention that seperating the ammunition and reloading has clearly not worked. I load my own and don't really look at the ammunition classifieds, but when I HAVE looked, they are peppered with reloading component adds!? The way it was before, and maybe it was just ME, but I could scan down the line and pick the reloading component adds that I'd care to look at. I don't know, maybe people looking for ammo don't have the ability to pick their prefered category from the two?? Whatever, clicking on a different forum isn't enough trouble to keep me from looking and reading.

Hope your new and more relaxed life is all you'd hoped it would be Joe!

Mike

And, I'd also forgot the "Questions and Comments" forum had been moved to the basement. I don't get down here unless I need a can of beans off the shelf. Starting the day off with what's on peoples minds as far as likes, dislikes and suggestions was the best way to go IMO.

Mike

And, I'd also forgot the "Questions and Comments" forum had been moved to the basement. I don't get down here unless I need a can of beans off the shelf. Starting the day off with what's on peoples minds as far as likes, dislikes and suggestions was the best way to go IMO.

Mike

I prefer the Community section where it was at the top. I try to read that first so that if I run into any changes in other areas, they're likely to have been mentioned already. Keeps the WTFsquitos from biting me.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top