JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
When you list a shotgun for sale… include gauge, barrel length, chamber length, choke constrictions or what tubes it comes with, and the weight of the gun. Round count, condition, and functional history are also needed.

When you list a pistol, same thing... barrel length, condition, round count, magazine or cylinder capacity, functional history, and please, if it has a threaded barrel, what is the THREAD PITCH?

When you list a rifle… barrel length, weight, round count, condition, function history, approximate accuracy, any loads or ammo it likes or dislikes, and if the barrel is threaded…. the thread pitch. The twist rate matters too.

People who don't list these things are either lazy, ignorant, or trying to hide something. If you sell a gun that has been reblued, you need to disclose that. It affects value. If the gun has had custom work, disclose the gunsmith and what was done. If there were issues, disclose them! If you have the factory box and papers, say so. If you don't, say so.

Enough ranting. Peace out.

When you list a shotgun for sale… include gauge, barrel length, chamber length, choke constrictions or what tubes it comes with, and the weight of the gun. Round count, condition, and functional history are also needed.

When you list a pistol, same thing... barrel length, condition, round count, magazine or cylinder capacity, functional history, and please, if it has a threaded barrel, what is the THREAD PITCH?

When you list a rifle… barrel length, weight, round count, condition, function history, approximate accuracy, any loads or ammo it likes or dislikes, and if the barrel is threaded…. the thread pitch. The twist rate matters too.

People who don't list these things are either lazy, ignorant, or trying to hide something.
If you are really interested and want to know something that is not included in an ad, nothing is stopping you from asking. If you are too lazy to ask, well, you are just not that interested or just lazy.

I've sold two calibers of ammunition I have currently have up in the classifieds 4X each. Surprisingly a few of those buyers had solid reviews, albeit in small number. From now on unless a buyer has significant time in service on this forum, is well recognized, then no more sales to nubes unless I have the money via Venmo first.

Two bad experiences in a row now. I drove 90 min for a no show.....I'm glad both no shows have been newer members that I rarely see on here
I had a similar experience a few years ago. One was a "no show" after a few, no show ups and excuses. (at least those "no show up's" were at my work) and then a couple of "I'll send payment" that never came. My one negative feedback was from a member who was supposed to call a couple of times and gave directions to an address that seemed shady. We were supposed to meet at a certain time with a phone call confirmation before hand, phone calls that were never answered. After that I blew him off and left negative feedback, to which he had to "tit for tat" me. F- that guy.
I have no use for flakey people. Things happen, but communication is easy to establish when (nearly) everyone has a cel phone.

I have also traded/bought/sold with several members over the years who didn't have any feedback ratings. If I've talked to them on the phone and they seem real, I'll give it a shot. I've made a lot of deals here and have left negative feedback just a few times.

There seemed to be a big influx of new members three years ago and with that influx came a bunch of flakes that didn't seem to stay around long.

I had a similar experience a few years ago. One was a "no show" after a few, no show ups and excuses. (at least those "no show up's" were at my work) and then a couple of "I'll send payment" that never came. My one negative feedback was from a member who was supposed to call a couple of times and gave directions to an address that seemed shady. We were supposed to meet at a certain time with a phone call confirmation before hand, phone calls that were never answered. After that I blew him off and left negative feedback, to which he had to "tit for tat" me. F- that guy.
I have no use for flakey people. Things happen, but communication is easy to establish when (nearly) everyone has a cel phone.

I have also traded/bought/sold with several members over the years who didn't have any feedback ratings. If I've talked to them on the phone and they seem real, I'll give it a shot. I've made a lot of deals here and have left negative feedback just a few times.

There seemed to be a big influx of new members three years ago and with that influx came a bunch of flakes that didn't seem to stay around long.
You delt with the same guy as me.....almost 1 year ago looking at his feedback. He still has stuff in the classifieds now

Anyone who replaces the plural 's' in a word with a 'z' is immediately untrustworthy.
There are some esteemed social institutions which use that innovative grammar.

IMG_5079.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR