JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
didn't CA require the recording of ammo sales by the dealers in the '80's and stopped it because the record keeping was so massive and ineffective?

You'd think there'd be a massive class-action lawsuit brought against the state by all victims of violent crime that were/are unable to legally carry a handgun for self defense.
just a thought

You'd think there'd be a massive class-action lawsuit brought against the state by all victims of violent crime that were/are unable to legally carry a handgun for self defense.
just a thought

Hard to file a lawsuit if you are dead....plus, the mind set seems to be almost predetermined to be a "victim" not a free person.
But yes, you would think a suit would be filed for "the state/county/city denying me the right to defend myself.
Brutus Out

Here's a thought. LET EM. LET EM DO IT HERE. AND IN WA too. I am getting the feeling, that the more welcomed this kind of legislation is by the "leaders", but not by the PEOPLE.... the closer we get to being ABLE to exercise the right to overthrow the particular State Governments. if enough people have the will to do so, we would be able to legally stop the State governments, with the help of the Free States' governments.... and declare that the particular Governments have acted not in the interest of the General Public, nor in the best interests of the Constitution; therefore they are illegally legislating beyond the scope of the State Constitutions adopted, and thus the powers of governance must be returned to the people.
Of course I fear that there is not enough willpower in the populations left.

I know this is in California but people keep talking about compromise, well if you give them and inch they take a mile.

How many of these would affect you and are you ready for background checks to buy ammo and to get rid of any of your mags over 10 rounds? Then there is the cost to get politically correct 10 rounders.

The big question is do you think it will stop and dang thing caused by bad people?

Your thoughts?

California gun laws: Brown signs new restrictions on firearms, rejects others

California gun laws: Brown signs new restrictions on firearms, rejects others (http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_30080186/california-gun-laws-jerry-brown-signs-some-new)

Here are the measures that Gov. Jerry Brown announced Friday that he has signed:

Senate Bill 1446, authored by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, bans possession of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

SB 1235, authored by Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, regulates the sale of ammunition by requiring background checks.

SB 880, authored by Sen. Isadore Hall, D-South Bay, and Assembly Bill 1135, authored by Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, ban "bullet buttons" that make it easy to detach magazines.

AB 1511, authored by Miguel Santiago, D-Los Angeles, limits the lending of guns to family members who have not completed background checks.

AB 1695, authored by Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-Oakland, blocks people who have knowingly made false reports on the loss or theft of a gun from possessing firearms for 10 years.

Oh, there are many Democrats in California way more fanatical about gun control than Governor Brown is. Remember, he had 11 gun control bills before him. He signed 6, but he also VETOED 5 other gun control bills.

But the bad news for Californians is that the current leading candidate for Governor in this year's election, Gavin Newsom, believes that far stronger gun controls are necessary.

As an ex-Californian, I have to say, bad as he is, Brown is way better than you might think. He put off all sorts of bills limiting semi-automatic rifles for years. He isn't a friend, but he is not the real enemy, Newsom is. He is rabidly anti-2nd Amendment. These laws are going to look like nothing when he wins and sad to say, it is going to get this bad here and in Washington someday.

Find out how to bury guns and stockpile components when you can afford them.

Wow..... and not a SINGLE politician with an "R" next to their name sponsored a single one of those signed bills. All you people who vote Democrat ought to be SOOOOOooooo....... proud.

o_O:rolleyes:

I know it's a big no-no to say this on NWFA but you hit the nail on the head. Voting democrat in any election, in any state, is a vote against your 2A rights.

It hasn't always been that way, but it is now and that needs to be mentioned often.

I wish I could say that voting Republican was a guaranteed fix for everything. Obviously it's not. But if you're into firearms and you're a voting Democrat, it would be better for the rest of us if you didn't vote at all.

thanks
Thirtycal

As an ex-Californian, I have to say, bad as he is, Brown is way better than you might think. He put off all sorts of bills limiting semi-automatic rifles for years. He isn't a friend, but he is not the real enemy, Newsom is. He is rabidly anti-2nd Amendment. These laws are going to look like nothing when he wins and sad to say, it is going to get this bad here and in Washington someday.

If it's time to bury them, then it's time to dig them up and use them..... o_O:mad:

"Kalifornia"... Where it began, and perhaps where it ends?
At what point do freedom loving, Pro- Constitution, American Citizens say, "No More!"
Who's fighting for us when it truly counts? It's clear Cal-Guns, is not doing it, Gun Owners Of California is not doing it, the NRA is not doing it, GOA is not doing it, SAF is not doing it, and the balance of all other pro-2A orgs (so-called) defenders of the 2A are not doing it!

Yet through our monetary support, and memberships, are they not us?

Truly... What is it going to take to defend the Constitution? It does appear we are losing the fight. It does appear we are close.
If a Democrat is elected President, there goes the Supreme Court. Then what? Then what...?

I too am an X Kalifornian, born and raised, been out 30 years. All due respect to you, but Brown is the enemy as well. He's just a very patient con-man of sorts, a stealthy azz-kisser. He's No Friend of any defender of the Constitution.

Although a tad hyperbolic, that's ALMOST like saying a SS guard who only manned the machineguns in the watchtowers and main gate at a concentration camp wasn't as bad as the one's who robbed, beat, tortured, raped, shot, gassed, and buried the prisoners... o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top