JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gov. Jerry Brown signs six gun-control bills, vetoes five (http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Gov-Jerry-Brown-signs-six-gun-control-bills-8336745.php)

adds and expands assault weapons definitions
adds high capacity magazines and outlaws possession
bans bullet button feature
background check for ammo buyers and sellers
outlaws false reporting of stolen guns
....and more

The ammo bill also bans mail order sales of ammunition to individuals. Ammo must now be purchased through local dealers. A drivers license will have to be produced to prove your ID, and a record of the sale will be sent to the California Dept of Justice by the dealer. California is going to keep a record of all ammo sales made in the state.

No background check will be made, other than to verify your identity. But the info about the sale will go into a state database after the fact.

These provisions are really going to help make ammunition even more expensive.

jruby
NOT SO . . . They are not marked as victims. Rather by the stroke of a pen they have just become ENEMIES OF THE STATE!!!!

Sheldon

Last Edited:
The people of California are now marked victims by thier elected officials. I am saddened by this ignorance.

The sad thing is that many people don't understand the incremental nature of these laws. Once all ammo sales are regulated and reported to the government, it then becomes possible for legislation limiting the amount of ammo a person buys and possesses to become effective.

This ammo bill is only laying the foundation for further controls on ammunition.

jruby
NO SO . . . They are not marked as victims. Rather by the stroke of a pen they have just become ENEMIES OF THE STATE!!!!

Sheldon

Though I agree with your point on enemies of the state I also believe the California legislature is removing the individual law abiding citizen the means to protect themselves. An individual who cannot protect themselves are prey to those that will do harm. In other words a victim, maybe not today but quite possibly tomorrow.

Governor Moonbeam and his ilk took a great big fat crap on the Constitution today. I can't help but feel Californians should be dumping tea in the harbor by now.

Oh, there are many Democrats in California way more fanatical about gun control than Governor Brown is. Remember, he had 11 gun control bills before him. He signed 6, but he also VETOED 5 other gun control bills.

But the bad news for Californians is that the current leading candidate for Governor in this year's election, Gavin Newsom, believes that far stronger gun controls are necessary.

He says that just providing a driver's license and entering a record of the ammo purchase into a state database is not enough. He wants to require Californians to get a permit to allow them to purchase ammo.

This is disgusting and unconstitutional, not just infringement of the 2A, but also the ex post facto law aspects. Not that any of that matters.

Now that the steamroller is finished in California, it will be headed north to Oregon unless we act on election day.

1235 should be required reading for NWF members, it is spectacular in it's scope.

This thing treats ammunition the same as a gun sale and requires a BGC for every purchase, but there seems to be an exception for CW license holders and those licensed to carry weapons, presumably security personnel.

If it weren't so serious, there are some sections that could be funny, such as where they list magazines and speed loaders as being capable of being fired from a firearm with deadly consequence. That would be something for your high-velocity magazine clip collection!

Another potentially funny aspect of it would be the true fact that Winchester white box .22 is so unreliable it should be exempt from the provision about 20% of the time.

When reading this bill it is important to note that "The Safety For All Act" :rolleyes: has similar provisions, so they wrote parts of the ammo bill to allow for the failure of the Safety For All Act this November and in that event SB1235 will enact parts of the ammo provisions anyway. Yes it is confusing and I am getting thirsty.

Now they are going to do spot checks when they ask you at the border if you have any produce or ammo, when you come into the state.

Much as I enjoy driving through Northern California when my wife and I go to Reno, we will be taking the long way in the future. I will not travel to California in the future, either, except when my employer requires me to do so. The entire state is now effectively a gun free zone,and we all know what that means.

I will, however, support with my $$$ any California groups fighting to overturn these travesties or putting their intolerable politicians out to pasture.

I wonder what the hell they are going to say when terror attacks and gang/cartel violence increase in frequency and intensity now that the citizens will effectively be disarmed?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top