JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm more surprised you found a store that actually follows the LAW on 3 day release. After my LGS here in Junction City closed down, I couldn't find anyone in Eugene, Creswell, Springfield or Cottage Grove that would follow the actual law. I kept getting the old "duh, well, uhh, the law doesn't say that."
I'd love to know what store that was, I'd give them my business, I'm a CHL so it's a safe bet, at least til 2005 passes. Then we're all felons I think.
There are local shops that release in three days for CHL holders. Recommend you check a little further.

There are local shops that release in three days for CHL holders. Recommend you check a little further.
Mazama Sporting goods in Eugene does 3/5 day for CHL holders.
Salem Ticklicker also for all including non CHL holders.

Re the orignal post about what to do with a denied 4473 once you have acquired it thru 3 day turnover.
Gosh...is OSP really that clueless that they couldn't tell ya...yup...guess they are.

When members here find one who does it they should help others out by posting it here for others to see. They can give them their business too. It helps out a lot for those searching.
I don't disagree. But....I also choose to leave it up to the shop to conduct their business as they see fit. They make the decision, maybe on a case by case basis, maybe as store policy for everyone. I don't know what decision parameters they use and under what circumstances. I don't want to build expectations by speaking above my pay grade. It's really not my call.

So I keep it simple and say 3 day release is available in Eugene if you look.

Fact is there aren't that many gun shops in Eugene.
The search may take 15 minutes once you're told it's available in Eugene.

I don't disagree. But....I also choose to leave it up to the shop to conduct their business as they see fit. They make the decision, maybe on a case by case basis, maybe as store policy for everyone. I don't know what decision parameters they use and under what circumstance. I don't want to build expectations by speaking above my pay grade. It's really not my call.

So I keep it simple and say 3 day release is available in Eugene if you look.

Fact is there aren't them many gun shops in Eugene.
The search may take 15 minutes once they're told it is available.
Who said FFL's should not be free to do things the way they want?
The problem is when people throw out "well just search" means they really don't know so they just toss that line out. If you don't know of any rather than making stuff up just say you don't know. For those who actually do buy and find shops that will do this post the names of the shops. Let them get some extra shoppers.

Slow your roll....I bring in enough weapons and NFA items on a regular basis they know me well.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.. I simply said I didn't want to speak for the specific store.

It's a small thing. There aren't many guns stores in Eugene.

Who said FFL's should not be free to do things the way they want?
The problem is when people throw out "well just search" means they really don't know so they just toss that line out. If you don't know of any rather than making stuff up just say you don't know. For those who actually do buy and find shops that will do this post the names of the shops. Let them get some extra shoppers.
Tigard Pawn For sure. My go to since December. A cut above also, but unless you can get an instant they are picky about hanging onto transfers. JB.
Tigard Pawn are the only ones I'll have a firearm shipped to.

Tigard NW Armory is enforcing the 3 day rule, just bought two more handguns before the 10 round magazine law takes effect. Picked both firearms up Saturday after buying them Tuesday. I have had a CHL since 2002 , but that doesn't matter in Oregon anymore with our politicians it seems.
I would resubmit and watch those two newly worded questions, I almost answered one of them incorrectly and would have been denied. If you know that you have a clean background, resubmit.
Easiest answer is that if you are a USA citizen you leave them blank. Of course the form says that....AFTER the last question! Makes no sense but then it is a federal form.

Tigard Pawn For sure. My go to since December. A cut above also, but unless you can get an instant they are picky about hanging onto transfers. JB.
Tigard Pawn are the only ones I'll have a firearm shipped to.
Good info for those who live in the area. The more places people mention by name, the more places those who live there have to go and check out. :D

another thing i've noticed in the post 114-
Before then, the longest i've waited was 20 minutes with the CHL. Since then, its gone into the que. I've had to wait 3 full business days.
Except, a fellow member and I did a trade a week or two ago. He persuaded the FFL to call in my check. I was out the door with the firearm in 10 minutes.
Based on others posts, it seems like if you can get it called in, your going to be approved alot faster. (unless you bubblegummed up the form, are a felon, or ...)

Mazama Sporting goods in Eugene does 3/5 day for CHL holders.
Salem Ticklicker also for all including non CHL holders.

Re the orignal post about what to do with a denied 4473 once you have acquired it thru 3 day turnover.
Gosh...is OSP really that clueless that they couldn't tell ya...yup...guess they are.
One person at OSP told me to just keep it. The other person said they didn't know what to do. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

another thing i've noticed in the post 114-
Before then, the longest i've waited was 20 minutes with the CHL. Since then, its gone into the que. I've had to wait 3 full business days.
Except, a fellow member and I did a trade a week or two ago. He persuaded the FFL to call in my check. I was out the door with the firearm in 10 minutes.
Based on others posts, it seems like if you can get it called in, your going to be approved alot faster. (unless you bubblegummed up the form, are a felon, or ...)
That's a one in a thousand thing now. If you call OSP their recording even says we are no longer processing through the phone. If you have a dispute leave your number and information and we will get back to you. It's been 3 weeks , left two messages and still no response.

That's a one in a thousand thing now. If you call OSP their recording even says we are no longer processing through the phone. If you have a dispute leave your number and information and we will get back to you. It's been 3 weeks , left two messages and still no response.
odd. The FFL called on a sunday and got right through 🤷‍♂️ everything seems wonky now..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top