JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Private citizens will already be using their personal arms not by choice before that happens. This is probably the lowest of my gun control concerns.

for those that cant watch the video the subject is if war got so bad the govt needed to confiscate private arms to continue the war effort.

Private citizens will already be using their personal arms not by choice before that happens. This is probably the lowest of my gun control concerns.

for those that cant watch the video the subject is if war got so bad the govt needed to confiscate private arms to continue the war effort.
That guy comes up with some great click bait but if that is what this one claims he is really going over the top now. :s0140:

That guy comes up with some great click bait but if that is what this one claims he is really going over the top now. :s0140:
what funny is the very first thing he states is "we have to be serious on this video today..." lol

1697645060246.png

The Property Requisition Act of October 16, 1941 was huge. No cars, commercial trucks, or auto parts for the civilian market were made from February 1942 to October 1945. The same occurred with civilian firearms and ammunition. The realistic issue would not be the taking of an individual person's firearm, but the reallocation of all firearms, ammunition, and parts/components manufactured or in the distribution stream from private use to government use.

Well you have to give it to him. He must be making some money off this crap or he would not keep doing it. Actually kind of funny that google is making him money by giving him the platform to put out the click bait. :s0140:
gun channels make a ton of money off their content, which is why he needs to continue to find stuff to post even if its stretching things a bit. I cant blame him for that, I supposed -in theory- its possible to govt "could" confiscate private arms for a really bad shtf war effort but dang, were probably the most powerful military in the world if things got that bad wed be drafted before they demand our private guns.

The Property Requisition Act of October 16, 1941 was huge. No cars, commercial trucks, or auto parts for the civilian market were made from February 1942 to October 1945. The same occurred with civilian firearms and ammunition. The realistic issue would not be the taking of an individual person's firearm, but the reallocation of all firearms, ammunition, and parts/components manufactured or in the distribution stream from private use to government use.
There we go, someone who finally understands the gist of the real issue.

Not only that, but it got down to telling tool manufacturers what sizes of tools "duplicated" offerings, and had to be suspended from manufacture, as well as prohibiting Chrome and Nickel plating on tools!

They are not confiscating small arms for a war effort. There are already more small arms in this country than there are people, confiscation would be entirely pointless. We could probably arm an entire potential draft pool on just warehouse/dealer inventory without even having to scrounge. I am sure they would be more than willing to offload that for premium government contract money.

The only realistic danger here is the allocation of the manufacturing away from civilian sales. That is not only possible, but could be plausible if all these conflicts merge into some monstrosity of a WW3 thing. Depending on how long that goes we may not see much new ammo for a decade (hypothetically of course). This is why our own personal ammo stockpiles are so important.

But, but, Joe Biden says, small arms for wars are useless against F15s (suggesting he has no problem turning those tax paid for weapons against us). If they are useless, why worry?

I mentioned before. About 5 years ago a coworker and friends were motocrossing thru Mexico. They came across some farmers armed with guns and machetes. They were at war, probably with local cartels. Fortunately they let them turn around and find another way.

When people are pushed, they run out of options. If the courts would simply enforce current laws, these issues would die immediately, since most are illegal.

Last Edited:
Not only that, but it got down to telling tool manufacturers what sizes of tools "duplicated" offerings, and had to be suspended from manufacture, as well as prohibiting Chrome and Nickel plating on tools!
WWII was an interesting time hearing from those who were young when it was going on. Many today need to remember though no war is ever going to be fought that way again. There are a TON of great documentaries with actual footage of how things were done then and it was an amazing time. Again though tech has come light years and no one is going to do battle like that again. We are not going to go full tilt making planes, tanks, Ships and such that the idea is to make them faster than the people we are at war with can destroy them. Battle's will be FAR heavier on tech now. Does not mean there will not be yet another panic run on small arms ammo. Again though 99% of the people caught off guard with that are the same people who were caught at least a couple times (if not more) before and refused to learn anything.

I didn't watch the video but sounds like a "what if?" academic type scenario/thought experiment/whatever.

Maybe he is identifying legal ways of confiscation that sound preposterous today but someday they may twist things so much that they use it as an excuse? Some of today's gun laws sounded preposterous not that long ago. Think how many "emergency" actions anti-gov leftist governments and judges have used for example.

There's a HUGE difference between, "requisition", "appropriation", and "confiscation".

As for pertaining to ANY of the three…. Just substitute "daughter(s)" with "guns and ammo", and you have my attitude towards the matter.

I didn't watch the video but sounds like a "what if?" academic type scenario/thought experiment/whatever.

Maybe he is identifying legal ways of confiscation that sound preposterous today but someday they may twist things so much that they use it as an excuse? Some of today's gun laws sounded preposterous not that long ago. Think how many "emergency" actions anti-gov leftist governments and judges have used for example.
I have stopped watching any of his stuff as its click bait and over the top from what I watched in the past. Now there is ZERO doubt that many he is talking about would LOVE to come and tell all "line up and hand in your guns" but, not happening for now. A TON of gun owners who either support gun laws or ignore them only do so because that has not happened yet. They keep telling themselves those warning them are kooks with foil hats. If they did all of a sudden actually start telling people bring us your guns or we are coming to get them? They would for one thing kick over a bee's nest. Not to mention it would take a HUGE army to do this even if people were willing to go along. This is why its done drip by drip. To keep most ignoring it. No to mention the lets allow crime to run unchecked has now gotten a LOT of people to buy a gun who a decade ago never thought they would own one. Tell those people now turn in your gun? While they watch crime run rampant? Nothing would throw more law makers out of office in one election than anything in history and law makers, even really stupid ones know this. Even the most dyed in the wool anti law makers want to keep their jobs. The only thing they ever fear is losing that gig.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top