JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Craig O I'm betting that you are new to Oregon and come from one of those slave states where people have to grovel for a carry permit. Maybe even one of those where you have to name your carry gun and even "qualify" with it.

I moved from California many years ago and it took a period of time before I even understood what freedom felt like. Which is why losing it a little at a time is hurting so badly in this state.

I feel the need to explain so I don't lose my man card. <broken link removed> My wife carries a S&W Shield. I have been thinking about a single stack 9 due to the size. I am not a big fan of Glocks. Yes and I still have my man card. With the rebate on the S&W I have been thinking about getting one however I would like to carry it and make up my mind. Thanks for all of the information and the lovely photo of Liberace. Also BLACK GUN's Matter don't ya know.
Don't overlook the other Shield models... Currently carrying the Shield 45, but entertaining the idea of the Shield 9mm as well...

As a side note I remember taking my mom to see Liberace a couple of times, but that was when I was a very young man, he was quite the showman and entertainer... Please don't revoke my man card...

You could always open carry your wife's gun, if you're worried about concealed carry, but I wouldn't want to show off a shield...
Of course revolvers are the best open carry gun, because they have the most class.

I would buy another gun whatever you decide, and you should too. LoL

I feel the need to explain so I don't lose my man card. <broken link removed> My wife carries a S&W Shield. I have been thinking about a single stack 9 due to the size. I am not a big fan of Glocks. Yes and I still have my man card. With the rebate on the S&W I have been thinking about getting one however I would like to carry it and make up my mind. Thanks for all of the information and the lovely photo of Liberace. Also BLACK GUN's Matter don't ya know.

You won't be disappointed with the shield. Just get the model with no thumb safety. The other will pull all kinds of lint off your clothing when carrying concealed. Also, as much as I love the .45 shield, the texture is very aggressive for IWB.

Don't open carry in any city adjacent to Portland. Most have laws against it, and you could lose your CHL for not knowing that.

Don't open carry in any city adjacent to Portland. Most have laws against it, and you could lose your CHL for not knowing that.
WHAT?!? Laws like that have NO effect on CHL holders. You can open carry in Portland or any city in which open carry is forbidden. And this is because open carry is only forbidden for citizens who are not CHL holders. Exceedingly few gun laws pertain to CHL holders, at least very few possession and carry laws.

Now, this doesn't mean I'm suggesting open carry in Portland, but it is completely legal if you are a card-carrying good guy.

WHAT?!? Laws like that have NO effect on CHL holders. You can open carry in Portland or any city in which open carry is forbidden. And this is because open carry is only forbidden for citizens who are not CHL holders. Exceedingly few gun laws pertain to CHL holders, at least very few possession and carry laws.

Now, this doesn't mean I'm suggesting open carry in Portland, but it is completely legal if you are a card-carrying good guy.

While you're right:

"Oregon is also an open-carry state,[8] but cities and counties are free to limit public possession of loaded firearms by individuals who do not have an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.[9] The municipalities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, Independence, and Multnomah County[10] have banned loaded firearms in all public places.[11]"

I wouldn't want the target on my back while I'm downtown. Nor would I want half the businesses I walk into to ask me to leave because of the open display. But that's all beside the point. There was no mention of a CHL in the original post.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top