JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Again, the document link for those who don't want to watch videos.

Edit. The Supreme Court did not eliminate concealed carry laws.

This is a District Court Judge who narrowly eliminated license to carry law as unconstitutional as it pertains to non residents traveling into Massachusetts with firearms, but seems to have not said that the entire law shall be struck down for both resident and nonresident alike.

A trial court judge's rulings do not set precedent for future cases. In some cases they may be cited as persuasive, but most jurisdictions prohibit even mentioning other trial court rulings in the current court.

A trial court judge's rulings do not set precedent for future cases. In some cases they may be cited as persuasive, but most jurisdictions prohibit even mentioning other trial court rulings in the current court.
This is true.

It is a State District Court; appeal from that goes to I think Superior Court of Massachusetts, and then to Federal Court of Appeals, maybe, then to SCOTUS.

DOJ Job #1: Target that judge for removal.
Got quite a ways to go before it becomes Statewide ruling and then there's still the Federal District Court of Appeals which is very likely to rule against this Judge.

Edit. This is why the Judge in this particular case moved to dismiss the case. The DA/Commonwealth can choose to appeal to the MA Superior Court; but I'm not rightly sure that a case that was moved to dismiss, can be appealed?

Got quite a ways to go before it becomes Statewide ruling and then there's still the Federal District Court of Appeals which is very likely to rule against this Judge.

Edit. This is why the Judge in this particular case moved to dismiss the case. The DA/Commonwealth can choose to appeal to the MA Superior Court; but I'm not rightly sure that a case that was moved to dismiss, can be appealed?
If it was dismissed "with prejudice", it cannot be re-filed. If done "without prejudice" it can (and probably will) be re-filed.

Last page, last paragraphs does say ""allow motion to dismiss. So ordered 8-3-23"", signed by Judge. So not sure what's the current status of that as Massachusetts court update system is really byzantine and complicated and just not easy to navigate/find..

Last page, last paragraphs does say ""allow motion to dismiss. So ordered 8-3-23"", signed by Judge. So not sure what's the current status of that as Massachusetts court update system is really byzantine and complicated and just not easy to navigate/find..
More research required. The defense almost certainly made a motion to dismiss with prejudice, but that does not fit the news narrative.

My understanding is that unless "with prejudice" is specifically stated in the order then "without prejudice" is the default without having to be stated. Further action may be taken against the defendant.

I have no doubt the state will appeal. Legal protections of private citizens rights simply can't be allowed to stand in a blue state. Nope... gotta nip that right in the bud or the sheeples might start getting ideas!! :D

Last Edited:
I packed my .45 Combat Commander through Mass in '78. If caught, I would still be in prison there. Had I been caught in Texas, I would have received the "Tourist of the Month" award.

Seems that several States pay merely lip service to the Federal 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act (even though it has the much hated Hughes Amendment which bans post 86 MGs from unlicensed civilian hands :mad: ) ..
"Permits the interstate transportation of unloaded firearms by any person not prohibited by Federal law from such transportation regardless of any State law or regulation."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads