JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I'd do an ar-10 in 308.
Or if you wanna save some money you could do a 450 bushmaster upper on an existing ar.
Or just buy some buckshot for your 12 ga.
A McMillan tac 50 would do it.

1700697699705.png

Aloha, Mark

There is a guy on youtube killing hogs with a .22 air rifle. Thing barely makes a sound.

He hit them right in the head, drops them pretty effectively. Then another pig comes up to the dead pig to check it out and bam plugs that one too.

Kinda of crazy to see how efficient he is with that air rifle.

I think this is the guy.

There is a guy on youtube killing hogs with a .22 air rifle. Thing barely makes a sound.

He hit them right in the head, drops them pretty effectively. Then another pig comes up to the dead pig to check it out and bam plugs that one too.

I think this is the guy.
Or this guy who uses 430 grain airgun slugs to take down 275 lb hog:

And 20mm airgun too (965 grain!):

Last Edited:

I think this is the guy.
I've been killing coyotes with my 25 cal fx air gun. They are deadly accurate

Is an AK47 with 7.62x39 big enough to put a super pig down? I do not have a hunting rifle but I do have an M14 that shoots 7,62X51 rounds. I do not have any scopes on these rifles so I am dependent on iron sights only.

Just for fun 30-30 Win 125gr FPHP Sierra

And to deliver them

1968 Winchester Buffalo Bill Rifle with 26" barrel Williams rear peep, Montana Arms convertible front sight. The 8rd magazine is a plus.

Used to do a bunch of hog hunting on a friend's family ranch back in the '90s. Took plenty with a .357 lever action. People get weird thinking that hogs are some kind of over-armored, unstoppable monsters. They're plenty tough and will tear you up if you let them get too close, but I wouldn't have an issue using a .357 handgun or even a .22lr at short range from a blind.

IMO, it is more about the ammo than the caliber.

A heavy for caliber bonded heavy jacket projectile.

Then there is bullet placement.

I've seen a vid with a guy who took a feral pig with a pellet gun when the pig was shot in the right place (in the ear into the brain).

Of course, if you want to defend yourself, you need to be able to take bad shots and still have it count. A good .30 caliber rifle (or equivalent) with the right ammo, and a .45 Super with 255 gr hardcast ammo.

IMO, it is more about the ammo than the caliber.

A heavy for caliber bonded heavy jacket projectile.

Then there is bullet placement.

I've seen a vid with a guy who took a feral pig with a pellet gun when the pig was shot in the right place (in the ear into the brain).

Of course, if you want to defend yourself, you need to be able to take bad shots and still have it count. A good .30 caliber rifle (or equivalent) with the right ammo, and a .45 Super with 255 gr hardcast ammo.
Most of my bears and cougars are killed with a 22 sub sonic hp

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top