JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as the Home Depot goes they don't owe me anything and I dont have to shop there. Lowes wants my business more so they'll be getting it. The Free Enterprise system at work.

Lots of misinformation here and it may be due to individual store managers. If you take time to read the link I posted on the original thread on this topic, you will see that the Cabela's/ BP discount is intact. They just eliminated the discount on most anything firearm related. It ain't that complicated.
I rarely buy from them unless it's one of their deeply discounted items that I want. The End

Actually they don't offer the discount on anything but clothes is what it looks like to me. Not saying I run around naked, but I have enough clothes.

Cabelas has practically no variety in their cleaning supplies, and their products are mostly marked up.
I will continue to use their shop to get hands on a gun I will buy elsewhere.
The Cabela's in Lacey has a 'gun library' with used firearms - I got a great deal on a Franchi I-12 AND they accepted my offer about 10% below their asking price AND they let me put it on layaway when there was a delay on the BG check

These days, I just use gunbroker and have the firearms shipped to a local FFL in Mason County

Like someone else said, the cancellation of the veteran's discount is Bass Pro speaking. Since the M/A, I've noticed things going downhill at Cabela's and this is just part of it. Fewer discount coupons in the mail. Limiting what used guns they will buy. Tightening up of the return policy for defective used guns. The other day, I was looking for the ATV's that used to be parked in front of the store. The door minder referred me to the boat shop; I went back there and was told they weren't carrying ATV's anymore.

I won't say this will make me boycott Cabela's. I don't feel particularly entitled as a veteran, nor does 5% necessarily break a deal. However, I'd be fooling if I didn't admit that an extra 5% off hadn't sweetened the deal a few times when I bought stuff that I didn't really need.

I do like the used guns angle, even if mostly overpriced. However, I've bought a few sleepers there for under market that I was happy to get. You just never know what you're gonna find in the so-called Gun Library ("May I check one out?"). Also, as someone else has already mentioned, I like to peruse their online Gun Library; I've had a few things sent to their closest store for me to check out and buy if I liked what I saw; $25 is reasonable to me for being able to turn down something that didn't live up to the pictures. Better this kind of optional refusal than buying from one of the on-line auction sites. However, with the advent of Bass Pro, I look for this service to disappear sooner or later.

One time I was travelling through the Portland area, noted there was a Cabela's in Tualatin, I think it was. I diverted to that store on my way north and wound up buying a like-new but older M1A, very good price, no sales tax in Ore., long gun sales can be made to out of state residents. It went home with me.

Used guns in the Gun Library, I've bought three duds that I had to take back, had hidden defects. My feeling is they aren't staffed to adequately inspect the used guns they take in and turn around and sell. Clean bores? Only if the seller cleaned it before taking it in to sell to Cabela's, otherwise it could be rusty, copper-fouled, filthy, growing green verdigris, plugged, whatever. I could never figure that out; reasonable buyers normally check the bore and that can be a decisive reason for making the purchase or not. My mention of this is that there is liability involved in dealing in used guns; it wouldn't surprise me of Bass Pro corporate legal counsel puts an end to the Gun Library. Risk assessment could put the kybosh on it.

Sportsmen's Warehouse, we've got one of those near here in Everett, Wash. Big, fancy store, usually quite lacking in customers. My problem with them: Because of their low customer traffic, they are understaffed and it's difficult to get served in the gun/ammo/reloading department. Oh, and like most big retailers, no used guns like Cabela's. Prices comparable. I've never asked for nor been asked about a veteran's discount.

Like someone else said, the cancellation of the veteran's discount is Bass Pro speaking. Since the M/A, I've noticed things going downhill at Cabela's and this is just part of it. Fewer discount coupons in the mail. Limiting what used guns they will buy. Tightening up of the return policy for defective used guns. The other day, I was looking for the ATV's that used to be parked in front of the store. The door minder referred me to the boat shop; I went back there and was told they weren't carrying ATV's anymore.

I won't say this will make me boycott Cabela's. I don't feel particularly entitled as a veteran, nor does 5% necessarily break a deal. However, I'd be fooling if I didn't admit that an extra 5% off hadn't sweetened the deal a few times when I bought stuff that I didn't really need.

I do like the used guns angle, even if mostly overpriced. However, I've bought a few sleepers there for under market that I was happy to get. You just never know what you're gonna find in the so-called Gun Library ("May I check one out?"). Also, as someone else has already mentioned, I like to peruse their online Gun Library; I've had a few things sent to their closest store for me to check out and buy if I liked what I saw; $25 is reasonable to me for being able to turn down something that didn't live up to the pictures. Better this kind of optional refusal than buying from one of the on-line auction sites. However, with the advent of Bass Pro, I look for this service to disappear sooner or later.

One time I was travelling through the Portland area, noted there was a Cabela's in Tualatin, I think it was. I diverted to that store on my way north and wound up buying a like-new but older M1A, very good price, no sales tax in Ore., long gun sales can be made to out of state residents. It went home with me.

Used guns in the Gun Library, I've bought three duds that I had to take back, had hidden defects. My feeling is they aren't staffed to adequately inspect the used guns they take in and turn around and sell. Clean bores? Only if the seller cleaned it before taking it in to sell to Cabela's, otherwise it could be rusty, copper-fouled, filthy, growing green verdigris, plugged, whatever. I could never figure that out; reasonable buyers normally check the bore and that can be a decisive reason for making the purchase or not. My mention of this is that there is liability involved in dealing in used guns; it wouldn't surprise me of Bass Pro corporate legal counsel puts an end to the Gun Library. Risk assessment could put the kybosh on it.

Sportsmen's Warehouse, we've got one of those near here in Everett, Wash. Big, fancy store, usually quite lacking in customers. My problem with them: Because of their low customer traffic, they are understaffed and it's difficult to get served in the gun/ammo/reloading department. Oh, and like most big retailers, no used guns like Cabela's. Prices comparable. I've never asked for nor been asked about a veteran's discount.
Sportman's offers a discount.

Salesman yesterday advised me of the end of the discount program.
They had what I wanted, and since the firearm has been discontinued long ago, I bought it!
Sorry to say it, but there are times when we have to suck it up!
I am not befriending the store, but I was willing to pay a price for it. The gun was discounted over 10 percent
so I got it even though it was still $50.00 over on line sellers. NO charge for the background check.
They were willing to work with me.
I agree that the prices are higher than what I normally pay, but there are times --------!
Tom in Oregon TKH

Considering the poor service, and extremely long time it takes to check out when buying a gun at Cabelas Tualatin, I wont buy there anyway. They could give 30% discounts and it wont make up for the 3 hours it took to complete one gun purchase on a firearm I had brought in!
Then there's the 2nd time I went out to ask if I could look at a gun they had coming up for sale that weekend. Showed the salesman the ad and he looked at it quickly. Then he told me, "That gun wont go on sale until tomorrow." and walked away.
What kind of idiot doesn't show you a gun just because the sale hasn't started yet?

There was one guy who showed me something from the back that was going on sale in the library the next day, a Colt Lawman. He was really helpful and kind, and the only one working the counter... They're not all bad.

Then again, there was the guy who told a customer, whom I happened to know from work, that he could not leave the library even to help a customer. However when I listened to his spiele about the cabelas credit card, he proceeded to walk me up to the counter to sign up. Needless to say, i'm not buying into that scheisse.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top