JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The issue is not with the carry piece being seen. Mine is seen all the time. The "should not be seen..." comments are typical of the cc crowd trying to turn the tables and lay blame on the carrier. The issue is with an employee placing his personal beliefs into a situation that was not his business. Had he done that where I work he would have been fired immediately and perhaps in front of the customer.

Bingo!

I don't think rude to a customer is the issue here. An employee allowed their own prejudice against a legal practice to spoil a deal which cost the dealership money and a sale. That means another months lease to the manufactuer, another month of lot space when they could have moved some inventory.

Although the margin on a new car isn't that great, it just may be the two sales persons were in competition for a sales incentive and the guy did it on purpose, hoping the buyer would walk.

It is possible! :D

I have to agree with the OP. If sales person "puked" on me for doing something that is perfectly legal, whether they like it or not, I would have walked too.

I would have meet with the original person/people who I was dealing with, let them know what just happened and that you didn't appreciate it, and walked. If they allow that to happen from their employees they deserve to lose sales.

Firearms aside, say you were close to making a big purchase and you excused yourself to step outside and have a cigarette, and another sales person jumped on you for smoking.... what would you have done?

You don't "vomit" on a customer and expect to keep them.

Don't know about anybody else, but I've walked for less than what happened to the OP. It's my money and if you are not willing to keep your personal comments to yourself until the transaction is over, see ya! There are plenty more businesses out there trying to keep afloat.

Wanna know whats funny, 2 months ago I went to by a New 2012 F-150 Raptor. I was looking for the crew cab model and they had the only one in the area. So I went to McKenzies to buy this truck because nothing was going to hold me back, except this sales man. I was at the range hours before and I went home, dropped off my rifles and headed the Hillsboro. When I arrived I was greeted by this salesman who was nice and said all the right things to me, until he was getting ready to take my truck to get it appraised. He walked around, wrote something on a form, and then came in and asked if I had weapons in the bag in my truck, it was my NRA shooting bag and i said no, just eyes/ears and staple gun. I thought he was looking out for me, then he made the joke that the NRA sticker on my window would take down the trade in value. I laughed, he didn't. He then told me that i needed to remove the bag off the property prior to it being appraised. I asked why, he said he could not take it back with any weapons in the vehicle. I then asked to talk to a manager and he said that he was "empowered" to make those decisions, again, I asked for the manager. I told him that is was stupid for my wife to drive 25 miles to get a bag that does not have a weapon in it, and i was fully ok with showing him that I did not have a weapon in the vehicle. He told me "NRA is a weapon against people". I then told him he has the right to his opinion, but i did not want to hear it, just appraise my truck and let me leave. He again said he wanted the sticker removed and the bag removed. I said no, and walked to the manager. As i discussed this, he threw my keys on the table and walked outside. I then told the manager how pissed i was and was walking. The manager told me that he is very opinionated and did not have the same views as McKenzie Ford or Ford. I then told him that their customer service was terrible and Religion and Politics should not play a part in a car deal. So I left. As of today, they still have that truck, 65K sale down the drain because of his political views.

The sales manager and dirt bag anti-gun salesmen may have been out for drinks at the local strip joint last night for all you know. Go to the top if you want some action on this.

Couple more things,coyote guy,being arrogant means he does have an ego

It is easy to fire sales people at a dealership,especially if they have interrupted in the income of the dealership

NOBODY is hiring monkeys and making TONS of sales with the economy like it is,this time of year or not.

You would be a fool to not walk out of any store that some employee came out of no where and harassed you for any reason.Least of all a salesman...at a car dealership
Then for it to be for this reason? None of his business at all

There are way too many places to do business to not walk for little reasons,let alone bigger things like this.

Again you did the right thing.And I would hope more of us start doing this so we can have some respect from these type places

BTW,little tip here.
Walking at a dealership is the best way to get a great deal.Doesn't need to be any reason at all.Just say you and the wife are getting some air and drive off.
They want to take control,and if you leave,they just lost all control of the sale
By the time you get back,the salesman won't have any a$$ left and he will work hard to get the deal done.

My wife and I have a code when buying cars. She will let me do most of the talking, and if I ask her, "What do you think, Honey?" it's her cue to respond in the negative. It works every time, especially if I then start to stand up to leave.

Funny to hear stories like this when dealerships are hurting this bad and when interest rates go up most will be toast regardless. If homes and cars barely sell at 4%, just wait for 24%.

The BMW and Mercedes dealerships here in Portland were some of the oldest dealerships in the country (Rasmussen). As of last year they were bought out by an East Indian conglomerate due to their failing profits and huge debts. Rasmussen Mercedes was a family owned icon in the community. Now its just a cookie cutter foreign-owned, low quality, low rated sleazy dealer.

Like I said, if you have a customer in this failing economy you better do everything to appease him. A transvestite or a Martian walks in you better say, 'hello sir/maam, how can I be of assistance ....???"

My wife and I have a code when buying cars. She will let me do most of the talking, and if I ask her, "What do you think, Honey?" it's her cue to respond in the negative. It works every time, especially if I then start to stand up to leave.

Good husband, Bad wife. Been working like a charm for me for almost 34 years now.:s0112::s0155:

Wanna know whats funny, 2 months ago I went to by a New 2012 F-150 Raptor. I was looking for the crew cab model and they had the only one in the area. So I went to McKenzies to buy this truck because nothing was going to hold me back, except this sales man. I was at the range hours before and I went home, dropped off my rifles and headed the Hillsboro. When I arrived I was greeted by this salesman who was nice and said all the right things to me, until he was getting ready to take my truck to get it appraised. He walked around, wrote something on a form, and then came in and asked if I had weapons in the bag in my truck, it was my NRA shooting bag and i said no, just eyes/ears and staple gun. I thought he was looking out for me, then he made the joke that the NRA sticker on my window would take down the trade in value. I laughed, he didn't. He then told me that i needed to remove the bag off the property prior to it being appraised. I asked why, he said he could not take it back with any weapons in the vehicle. I then asked to talk to a manager and he said that he was "empowered" to make those decisions, again, I asked for the manager. I told him that is was stupid for my wife to drive 25 miles to get a bag that does not have a weapon in it, and i was fully ok with showing him that I did not have a weapon in the vehicle. He told me "NRA is a weapon against people". I then told him he has the right to his opinion, but i did not want to hear it, just appraise my truck and let me leave. He again said he wanted the sticker removed and the bag removed. I said no, and walked to the manager. As i discussed this, he threw my keys on the table and walked outside. I then told the manager how pissed i was and was walking. The manager told me that he is very opinionated and did not have the same views as McKenzie Ford or Ford. I then told him that their customer service was terrible and Religion and Politics should not play a part in a car deal. So I left. As of today, they still have that truck, 65K sale down the drain because of his political views.

Sounds like a liberal gone wild to me. Guys needs his *** beat 3 ways from sunday.

When we carry we are hated and they educate their young to hate also so don't be shocked. So...know the law (your rights) and don't take bubblegum from anyone.

I bought 12 ga bird shot at walmart and the cashier acted like I was buying cancer to give to children. I was offended by the way she acted but also I was educated. I need to be prepared to stand my ground on firearms. I went home and stuck NRA stickers in my back window. Now I offend those type of people everytime they pull up behind me at the stop light. When they walk past me as I get out to go into the store they have to see what I'm about. Yes, they could make snide remarks or key my rig or other vandalism but that would only raise pride in me because "I AM THE NRA" and now they know it.

A transvestite or a Martian walks in you better say, 'hello sir/maam, how can I be of assistance ....???"

Funny- in my 14 years of working in dealership service departments and the past year at my current independent repair shop, that's basically exactly what I do. I'm kind of a grumpy person by nature, but my customers would never know it- to them I'm the nicest person they have ever met, because people want to spend money with people they like. They are all faceless dollars to me. Gay? Don't care. Extremely religious or political? Don't care. Man, woman, smart, dumb, race- don't care- all I want to do is present you with the repairs and estimates for your vehicle you should be aware of and let you make your own decision about what to fix. Pissing off a customer because you personally disagree with life choices such as carrying a pistol or who they choose to sleep with is a cardinal sin in the customer service business. There are far too many places to buy a car or get one repaired to just throw customers away. I remember the good old days when we had so many customers in line we didn't give a rats azz if we made people mad, because there was another customer behind you. Those days are long gone. Not to wax my own car or anything, but my customers love me and are loyal as hell to my shop because we're consistently honest, fair, take the time to explain everything to their satisfaction, and will bend over backwards to make sure they are happy, and the vehicles are fixed right on the first visit. I'm pretty surprised the salesperson wasn't summarily dismissed for costing the company a deal, and I'd be equally shocked if the salesperson who's pocket just got picked didn't rearrange his face or at a minimum make a stink with the manager enough to get the guy fired.

If I had been the OP, I'd have walked too, and gone out of my way to tell everyone what a bad experience I had with the particular salesperson, and if the dealership hadn't stood up for me and made him do some weak sauce apology- that's not good enough. There are plenty of places to buy a car- I'd have chosen another place as well

Those of us who have worked behind the scenes of a car dealership know what they REALLY think of you! If you only knew, you would never buy a new car from a dealership. Now that I'm out of the biz it cracks me up when I go to a car lot or service center and they play the same BS lines that I used to spew (or see spewn).

Bottom line, they should have canned the guy or at least dressed him down in front of you. Then you would have felt better, they would have got their money and the offender could learn a valuable sales lesson.

I mentioned this incident to a few of the salesmen at the RV dealership I work for. To begin with this would most certainly never happen with us as we see many 'prints' as well as OC fairly regularly and it never raises an eyebrow with anyone because essentially all of us are CCW/hunters/outdoorsmen etc. Heck you should see all the mounts we have on the walls and our live, indoor fish river (not pond - moving water). They all agreed if a non-involved salesman sabotaged a sale the outcome would almost be a fist-fight. Car dealerships are a very different from RV.

one of the interesting things about the internet is just how quickly your reputation can spread, I don't think a alot of these people understand the damage that can occur now. Not so long ago consumers were on their own, you could publish in a news paper of tell a few friends but that was it. Now if you jack your customers around it can be talked about in minutes. Someone should explain the ramifications to this dealer...hell all dealers and make them understand the damage they are doing to themselves.

I can only guess that some of these people live in the past, where you could screw a customer and get away with it.

i could see a saab dealer or volvo dealer or even fiat or peugot but FORD they use to give away winchester shotguns when you bought a ford ranger guy needs to eat a steak and get a call girl

sorry I haven't been back been fairly busy just wanted to drop a quote a friend made that I agree with 100%

People spot my carry gun all the time. I don't give a rip if I let my shirt rise a bit. Its a bubbleguming tool.

The guys that blame the gun owner for accidentally flashing are the same guys that buy into the "Sporting purpose" bs.

Gun owners that condemn other gun owners aree going to end up losing it for all of us.

I get the concealed means concealed idea, but you aren't murdering babies if your shirt rides up for a second.

i could see a saab dealer or volvo dealer or even fiat or peugot but FORD they use to give away winchester shotguns when you bought a ford ranger guy needs to eat a steak and get a call girl

When I lived in Idaho, a few years ago I saw an add (for MT Home Auto Ranch) advertising a free gun with purchase of a Truck. I thought to myself thats awesome and ONLY IN IDAHO.....:s0114:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads