JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Scwabdl - to really be effective, you should contact the store manager and let him know what had occurred (to include a 2nd potential customer leaving), he might not be aware of what occurred, it may have have only gone as far up "the corporate ladder" as the finance manager......

Last Edited:
Letter to the owner will get attention. I used to sell cars (When I was 18, it beat flipping burgers) and most of Managers will laugh behind your back as you walk out the door. We all feared getting called to the owners office.

This time of year a monkey could sell cars (tax time) and they staff accordingly.

... caught a glimpse of my carry weapon....

Just a mere observation and practical/tactical lesson for all of us. I've got no horse in this race and am not 'siding with anyone, blaming anyone, or getting involved in any way other than just pointing out for those of us who are committed to a lifestyle of avoidance: Avoidance means doing everything one can to avoid compromise of our security resources/capability and certainly confrontations. It just seems obvious all of this would have been prevented/avoided had the carry weapon (I'm assuming this means concealed handgun) was not compromised. Concealed means concealed. My observation has nothing to do with who is right, who was wrong, and who has rights. My observations and comments are only pertaining to tactics.

This is not the first time when the compromise of a concealed handgun has ratcheted up a normal situation into something much worse.

I would only say that it is 'your' duty, to ensure that your concealed is just that...'concealed'. Then you wouldn't have to worry about encounters like this. It might have been better to just pulled your shirt or jacket back over it and went on about your biz, rather than challenge the authority of the salesman, which only invites more attention. Going off like you did only invites more ammunition and arguments for those who are seeking to 'control' CCW, and to publicly list 'who' has a CCW.

Interesting, the OP posted this, then never voiced again.

This has no bearing on this incident but it is my experience the most successful salespeople (and I mean the top few percentile) are extremely narcissistic and it (the narcissism) dominates all aspects of their lives.

IMO I doubt he has an ego most likely is arrogant and I would put him in the class of anti gun and he thinks he knows more than you. I would think he has pop off his mouth there more than once and has killed deals for them without them even knowing it. Which is to bad it already a pain in the butt to go to a car dealer anyway you always get the run a round "oh I run this by my loan manager" for the third time. I have even heard people getting called back later that day or the next saying they need more money for the deal. It's a pain.
My two and quarter cents.

It's not the "Opinion" of the salesman but the fact that this twerp used his "Position" as a Representitive of a Company to harass a legitimate client of said company making false claims and statements that is so outrageous. He should have been fired on the spot.
It's not thought on trial here it is behavior.

I agree with you that the salesman was an idiot, but "firing somebody on the spot" is not as simple as it sounds when you work for a large company.

My humble opinion is that, if you were otherwise happy with the service and the deal you got on the car, you should have accepted the idiots apology and completed your business. At that point....as a paying customer....you would then be in a position to complain to the management of the business about the behavior of their employee. Who knows, they might have given you a few free oil changes or something as a token of regret.

For me, buying a car is enough of a hassle that I wouldnt want to start the entire process over again just because of one persons ignorant opinion.

It is very important IMHO that the ownership of any business knows in detail why you have decided to not to do business with them. Even if you think why you left was obvious at the time, a good solidly worded letter (not email) to the owner is going to make sure they fully understand. That will also facilitate any action that they may feel the need to take.

The world is a collection smart people making stupid things, and idiot people occasionally behaving smartly. There is plenty of opportunity for things not to go our way. The stench that brewing thanks to the recent national incidents and the inflammatory media handling may be leading us to possibly over-react to other people's ignorance and intolerance, and I mean both sides or the fence.

I am not saying this was the case here, but, it might be a good reminder that a kind, calm and mature response may have been more effective than letting the anger swell up and take over. It is hard to win over people to our side by winning the arguments.

In the end, if it still doesn't work out, then, yes, take your business elsewhere.

I say, same way we prepare to effectively defend ourselves with a firearm, be prepared to defend your 2nd amendment beliefs in a way that will inspire respect and maybe some admiration from your foe, not reinforce his misconceptions. That will mean to keep your anger at bay.

I would have walked too. While it seems semi petty I prefer to spend my money where people actually act like the need and want my business. Your business has an attitude, your business is more worried about selling me what you want to sell not what I want to buy, your business plays BS games, ect I walk and spend my money elsewhere. It is that simple. There are PLENTY of places that are nice and want your business why deal with bad ones?

Was shopping for a new ATV last year. Talked to the local guy who fed me lots of BS, was not doing what I ask (wanted to fill out a Polaris app low interest then sent me an app for local credit union with much higher rate), had an "I dont care if I sell anything attitude". He eventually took 8 days to get back to me with a quote and availability and it was the highest of 4 quotes I got. On the second day of calling I talked to a dealer, told him what I wanted and started to give him my info to call me back. He told me "wait a min" so I did. In 10:43 (according to my phone) he found me what I wanted, sold it to me at a price it was worth my effort (and come out way ahead on price) to dive from NE WA to Portland to pick it up and discounted all my accessories I got. This dealer wanted to sell something and he did.

I use to do a few hundred dollars business each year in the local place (which I know is not a lot on the big scale) but I have not even set foot in the store since and plan not too. So not only did they lose the ATV sale, but all other sales too.

This is just one example but it happens often.

Just a mere observation and practical/tactical lesson for all of us. I've got no horse in this race and am not 'siding with anyone, blaming anyone, or getting involved in any way other than just pointing out for those of us who are committed to a lifestyle of avoidance: Avoidance means doing everything one can to avoid compromise and certainly confrontations. It just seems obvious all of this would have been prevented/avoided had the carry weapon (I'm assuming this means concealed handgun) was not compromised. Concealed means concealed. My observation has nothing to do with who is right, who was wrong, and who has rights. My observations and comments are only pertaining to tactics.

This is not the first time when the compromise of a concealed handgun has ratcheted up a normal situation into something much worse.

Agree 100%.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but my personal $.02 is that I'm in the camp which discourages open carry. A few anti-gun people will be upset about it and I don't need that, for myself. The only people who have ever "made me" were a couple of LEO's and other CHL folks. It seems that the rest of the world isn't looking too hard for a slight "print."

If he had stayed and bought the truck then his complaints would have had no merit. By walking away with his wallet intact he can hurt them the most effective way possible. I worked for a car dealer for years and they only understand money. Now he needs to drive the dagger to the hilt by sending a well-worded letter to the ownership detailing the situation and why you walked out and gave their competitors your business. If you do nothing but complain on an internet forum then nothing is accomplished.

A real shame Schwbdl...I would have sweetened the deal by giving you the truck below my cost and by finding the sweetest financing I could wrangle, just for exercising your Constitutional right to bare arms!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads