JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Ok going to try and keep this short and coherent but we"ll see how it goes. I went to dicks mckenzie Ford in Hillsboro yesterday to purchase a new car. My salesman was awesome and so was the finance manager we came to terms quickly. As they were drawing up the final paperwork I was outside looking at the new car and a salesman who had absolutely nothing to do with my deal caught a glimpse of my carry weapon and came over demanding to see my carry permit. I told him if he wasn't law enforcement to take a hike. He then proceeded to tell me that I had no business carrying a gun and he didn't feel anybody had the right to do so. He also then stated that nobody had any rights inside of the dealership. I found that quite interesting so went back inside and told the finance manager what had occurred and explained to him I could not do business with a company who felt I had no rights under the constitution. He immediately called the salesman back into the office who after several minutes came out and offered the worst apology ever that went I still feel the same way but if I upset you then I am sorry he then proceeded to say he was going outside as he didn't want to be around me at all. The sales manager felt that was okay and then proceeded to try and keep our deal intact. Unkown to the salesman a friend that had come with me to look at cars was also outside and heard all of his choice comments to his buddies. At that point the car deal was completely dead to me. Another customer who was about to buy a new vehicle left as well. I mean really whats more american than ford and for him to say you have to rights..........................

well, it sounds like the higher ups tried to do right by you immediately... calling to boycott because one salesman has a different opinion than you?

Well the fella that said you have no right to carry has no idea what the constitution says!!! He must be unedjucated and the only job he can get or that he is qualified for is a used car salesmen.. It is your right and im very glad to see you handle it this way. Great Job!!!!

I can't believe that any salesman would be so stupid and I can't believe that he was not fired on the spot,but carp like this does happen.
Maybe we should all give the Ford dealer a call and voice our opinion of thier corporate policy of allowing salemen to harass customers?
Do you know this salesmans name?

well, it sounds like the higher ups tried to do right by you immediately... calling to boycott because one salesman has a different opinion than you?

It's not the "Opinion" of the salesman but the fact that this twerp used his "Position" as a Representitive of a Company to harass a legitimate client of said company making false claims and statements that is so outrageous. He should have been fired on the spot.
It's not thought on trial here it is behavior.

The dealership is private property, they can ban guns if they want and there isn't anything you can do about it.

That said, you are 100% free to take your money elsewhere.

It's not the "Opinion" of the salesman but the fact that this twerp used his "Position" as a Representitive of a Company to harass a legitimate client of said company making false claims and statements that is so outrageous. He should have been fired on the spot.
It's not thought on trial here it is behavior.

Agreed, what if that was the salesman he was working with? Wonder if the dude could holster his beliefs to make the sale??

Well the fella that said you have no right to carry has no idea what the constitution says!!! He must be unedjucated and the only job he can get or that he is qualified for is a used car salesmen.. It is your right and im very glad to see you handle it this way. Great Job!!!!

Nice. So all car salesmen are uneducated, and are apparently used car salesmen by default?

Y'all need some coffee? Man,everyone testy today.

I'm guessing someone is kickin' rocks today.He would have to be thee best salesman ever to keep a job after sending 2 customers off the lot.And I'm guessing,since he wasn't smart enough to keep quiet,he ain't much of a salesman.

I'm surprised they haven't called you back to tell you he has been fired.
It'll be a better deal!
But open carry at the next spot and tell us what happens.I would be surprised if anyone cares,except maybe a couple customers

Good job walking on them too:s0155:

What the hell is wrong with car dealers lately? the salesman should have shut his mouth where is this dealer ship is Hillsboro near seattle? spokane?

I just recently walked out of deal as well though it wasn't over my open carry. I've decided to stick with internet sales I just can't handle car dealers anymore, I was buying a 2012 Ford Raptor, had it picked out and was talking about 2000 or so over invoice with the finance manager and he agreed it was fair.

I go outside to stretch and this older salesman walks up and announces that he wants 18,000 over msrp......LOL I told him hes cracked, that it isnt 2000 and money isnt falling off the trees anymore, that I had another offer for just the same truck down the road and that Id take it there. He looks at me matter of fact and says "Id take that if I were you" .....

4 Hours later I was doing a burnout in their parking lot with a raptor I bought at the next dealership and giving the old codger a middle finger.....that was a sweet moment.(yes it was immature but let me have my small victorys ok?)

Last Edited:
I've bought several vehicles from Dick's. My personal salesman is a long time Air Force Security veteran. I wouldn't judge the dealership from the comments of one uninformed salesman. Someone should contact Dick's and ask for their official position on this.

Good job walking on them too:s0155:

In my life I try to put morals, values, and beliefs above money especially when making a rather large purchase from a company. Good job on walking away. If the company is ok with losing customers over there policies then I am ok dealing with another company :s0155:

Last Edited:
I would draft a letter to the OWNER - no one else - outlining your position and why you walked on this deal. Keep it short and to the point IE. high lighting what the salesman did. Don't grandstand, dwell on your pro 2A stance or wave any flags - the owner may NOT agree with you but he cannot disagree with the way you were harassed by a non-involved salesman - and lost a sale (potentially more) because of his actions. I would at a minimum request an apology (in your letter) from the salesman who hassled you. This will probably not happen but it will push the owner into having to do something. Heck you may get a really great deal on that car or some other concession. The question is will it be enough for you to get past what happened and restore faith in the dealership? Remember these were the actions of one person and maybe not the position of the owner. The bottom line is bad news travels faster than good and NO businessman wants his reputation trashed - especially by the actions of one of his employees.

Not enough reason to boycott and you really got mad over nothing.

So some peon thought he was a big boy and stuck his nose into something he shouldn't have. IMO the sales manager did right by making him apologize. Even as pathetic the apology was, it still put the guy in his place and left a big dent in his ego.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads