JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Eight pages of...

BeatDeadHorse.gif

This is hilarious. I'm related to the owners son and daughter in a round about way at Dick's Country Dodge and Dick's Mckenzie Ford (my step dads step brother and step sister). I work at a foreign dealership in the greater Seattle area and I am by no means a "used car salesman". I'm educated and this is a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch. Funny that at my dealership we sell imports and everyone from the bottom to the top is 2a friendly! We often talk about shooting and where to shoot! We often strike up conversations with our customers that OC and our customers that CC (It's easy to tell when you're looking for it). I would get in touch with the owner or GM and voice your opinion.

Please remember that not all car sales people are ignorant. There are a lot of bad apples and that's why the turn-over is so high in the automotive world. You can tell a good dealership by the length of employment on the sales floor.

This is hilarious. I'm related to the owners son and daughter in a round about way at Dick's Country Dodge and Dick's Mckenzie Ford (my step dads step brother and step sister). I work at a foreign dealership in the greater Seattle area and I am by no means a "used car salesman". I'm educated and this is a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch. Funny that at my dealership we sell imports and everyone from the bottom to the top is 2a friendly! We often talk about shooting and where to shoot! We often strike up conversations with our customers that OC and our customers that CC (It's easy to tell when you're looking for it). I would get in touch with the owner or GM and voice your opinion.

Please remember that not all car sales people are ignorant. There are a lot of bad apples and that's why the turn-over is so high in the automotive world. You can tell a good dealership by the length of employment on the sales floor.

Please comment about the convicts(felons :p ) getting jobs, because I have had personal experience of one telling me all about him getting hired after a year of doing time, getting out and selling high end cars... Ended with him bragging about the time he did, and quickly getting ousted from the job, but not before selling many cars, and was in the middle of dealing with a $100k purchased when getting "let go"

Please comment about the convicts(felons :p ) getting jobs, because I have had personal experience of one telling me all about him getting hired after a year of doing time, getting out and selling high end cars... Ended with him bragging about the time he did, and quickly getting ousted from the job, but not before selling many cars, and was in the middle of dealing with a $100k purchased when getting "let go"

The turn-over at many dealerships is very high. Most ex-cons and felons are highly motivated by money and if they worked half as hard at doing legal activities as they once did at illegal activities than they can be very successful. Every dealerships hiring standards are different. Because of the high turn-over rate at many dealerships the management can often be quick to hire without calling on references.

My dealership, OTOH, is pretty stringent with their hiring practices. But, like I said before, it's very different from business to business.

I believe that automotive sales people get such a bad reputation because it's expected that all car sales people are slimy and crooked. People will treat you the way you treat them. We've all had horrific car buying experiences, myself included. That being said we've all had unpleasant encounters with waiters/waitresses, police officers, government employees (ex. DOL), checkers at the grocery store, bank tellers, apparel sales associates, etc. Pretty much anybody you have to deal with on a person to person basis. With all that being said we've all had pleasant experiences with the aforementioned.

In summary: yes there can be idiots/ex-cons/a-holes in any profession but there can also be really cool people in these professions. To be completely honest with you, I expect to be treated like crap by everyone that I encounter (after all I am a sleezy car salesman because all we care about is screwing people over) ;-)

I hope to have the opportunity to change people's minds about car sales people one encounter at a time.

Side note: I typed all of this on my iPhone so if there is any errors blame it on the iPhones autocorrect and lack of a real keyboard. :)

Nice. So all car salesmen are uneducated, and are apparently used car salesmen by default?

No floppyteets, I suspect that he based his assesment on this individual on what he said, while he was at a dealership - hence the reason for the post.

BTW, you sure do have a lot of opinions in your short existence here, where were you posting before you graced us with your presence?

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR