JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experence, I sold Hondas and well everything else on a lot for 3years, and I hate to say this but your buying an american product, a lot of ford owners at least where I was were farmers, and the best deals were always done on the tail gate. And most gun owners and I had a great time, heck 7/10 times, id get a "hey you should come along shooting sometime" so from a former car dog to you I am legitimately sorry you found a douch bag, I also know if it had been my dealership that I worked at and someone cost me a deal, in anyway, he would have ended up with a size 13 joseph abode shoe in his butt. Cause you don't mess with a mans deal. Heck I've pulled guys off of other guys when I sold cars cause someone said something and cost a man a deal.

I and my extended family has bought quite a few cars from McKenzie over the years.

The last one I bought from them was in 2001, it was my first New car ever, an 01 Taurus, haggled a decent deal out of them, after the finance guy basically called my wife a liar, can't remember all the details as I haven't thought about it in years. But I do remember we secured a decent finance rate through them and Ford Motor Credit, and 3 days after we made the deal the finance mgr called me up and said that they had made a mistake with our financing and we needed to come back in and sign some more papers because it turns out we did not qualify for the finance plan they sold us.

I said that was too bad and I would return the car and he could just give us are old trade in back and we would just call the whole deal off.
He said he had to check on something and would get back to us, we never heard from him again, crook, we have always had stellar credit and I knew he was trying to pull one over on me. So much for customer loyalty.

Better than a boycott (scorched-earth fantasy here), would be to accomodate those on the website inquiring about "get-togethers", along with supporting the OP's indignation: Multiple NWFA members arrive in unison at McKenzie Ford engaged in blatant open carry, and insist on dealing with this misguided Salesman ONLY, to do test drives (Someone mentioned the individual desire to do so early in this thread).

Of course my mentioned caution and practical realization of inconvenience and interruption to our daily activities would be expected. Cops and media would probably show up.

Great way to get arrested and charged with menacing.

If you show up at a business with the sole purpose of intimidating the business while open carrying, don't be shocked when you are arrested for menacing. Don't take my word for it consult your attorney and what they have to say.

I'd replace that laminated card with a lawyer's business card if I were you.

This for me?? I was just saying, open carry is just fine in any city in oregon, with a CHL. Not that I'm planning to go shop for cars with my hand gun out, I sold cars id just make sure to get proper ID. Before a demo drive cause I'm not getting shot if some guy wants to drive a car I was always good to go, just never once saw anyone go shopping with an exposed firearm.

I don't "blame" the OP or anybody else for the brief oversight of allowing the gun to show. It happens. It is a mistake. A mistake that should be avoided if possible. NOT because you instantly become a bad guy (murdering babies), and NOT because you are responsible for others' reactions to it. But because others DO react (sometimes negatively to YOUR detriment) to it.

Personally, if "people spotted my carry gun all the time", I would probably seriously reevaluate my method of carry. There are numerous educational resources available to those who might frequently have this problem, providing options to avoid this happening "all the time", and I would avail myself of those resources and options to prevent or (at the very least) reduce the occurrences. NOT because I am responsible for what might ensue, but because I RECOGNIZE what might ensue, and regardless of my responsibility (or absence of such), I might find myself in a situation that is negative for me. Enough negative stuff happens anyway without my prompting it by something that I can (and should) control.

It IS your right to carry. Although I would like it to not matter, allowing the gun to show DOES matter, because there are people who react negatively when it does. Perhaps I am ignoring a very small population of CCW people who might actually ENJOY (or are not in any way bothered by) reactions to their inattentive practices. That enjoyment is their own personal choice, and any negative consequences as a result are likewise their own. NOT allowing my gun to show whenever I have the means to prevent it, I consider a significant portion of the responsibility I have undertaken. I also consider my good concealment practices to be an asset in the unlikely event the need for my weapon should arise. I don't want a bad guy to know where his opposition is coming from.

Trying to look at it from the perspective of the salesman, I recall the times I've seen concealed handguns become un-concealed. Since there was no accompanying suspicious behavior, I guess I assumed the owner was LE in most urban settings, or just an everyday citizen depending on how "cowboy" it looked to me, rural community, rifle racks, etc. I'm normally packing too.

I tend to pay heightened attention to all weapons for a couple reasons, trying to figure out what kind/caliber, wondering why I'm able to see it, etc. But I've NEVER felt the need to approach a complete stranger and ask if they're 5.0 or not.

Obviously, my response is reasonable to me. But laws, rights and permits aside, I just can't assume that everyone will come to the same conclusions and react the same way I do. So, maybe I'm incapable of seeing this from the perspective of that particular salesman. Perhaps it's impossible for some people to mind their own d*mn business and leave me alone.

But another aspect of what I call "reasonable" is how easy it is to simply avoid provoking them.

The dealership is private property, they can ban guns if they want and there isn't anything you can do about it.

That said, you are 100% free to take your money elsewhere.

Thank God somebody finally gets it. Private businesses can make any rule about guns they want.

Liability insurance is sky high.

If I had an business I most likely would not want people with guns.

If somehow an accident happens the payouts are going to be huge and if some way somebody got killed the lawsuits would be in the millions.

I carry everyday but I also respect the companies policy.

Give it now.

the problem is not with company policy if that is there policy and they had posted it I would have respected it however the problem is the way the salesman approached me and the conversation that occured........his comment wasn't that the second ammendment doesnt apply its that you have no rights at all in the dealership........seams like a poor stance to take for a company that is selling an american product to sportsman

^

They couldn't care less about the business of the 2A absolutists, because we are a fringe minority. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's the way it is.

Blame the sheeple culture.

Are we really a fringe minority? Look how many guns are sold on a daily basis in this country? Look how many firearms manufacturers there are that are making profits. We may not be counted by the media but I don't think firearms owners are a fringe minority; we are an ignored majority!

^

Owning a gun doesn't make you a 2A absolutist any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

It damn well better make you one! IMHO you shouldn't enjoy the benefits of gun ownership without being a staunch support of 2A rights. How you choose to support the 2A rights is up to you, I don't care if you send money to the NRA or just vote for pro-gun candidates. Just do something!

Besides, nobody is trying to take your guitar away from you! Although they should take it away from my nephew!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top