JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, allow anyone under 21 that has successfully completed military basic training to buy guns (or drink) .......that levels the playing ground. The mere ascension to a particular numerical age only proves that someone fed you, not that you have obtained any wisdom or knowledge.
If the store did this I would still not be hot on the idea but, I would probably not refuse to shop there.

Happy Birthday! Sighting anything in sounds like the ideal way to spend the day.
Thanks!!! I have been waiting a few months to get this out and dialed in.

IMG_E3990.JPG

Back on topic - I will be stopping by BiMart and handing my little plastic green card over to officially cut ties. It will be a bit more difficult with Fred Meyers and I have to talk to US Bank about a card to replace REI, who I already had a chat with and ended my 25 year co-op membership. I don't know the effort is worth it, but not compromising is! Tell the businesses you are switching to why you are there and how they can best serve your needs right up front. They will be delighted to work their butts off to win you over and be grateful for their competitor stepping in the proverbial pile 'o poo to get you in the door.

Not this weekend, unfortunately. Today is my birthday and my wife is having a baby shower in Wilsonville, so I am making crazy deals on Glocks and going to get my new Eliminator III sighted in. I will be there next time, it is on my calendar!

Jeremy
Happiest of birthdays to you!!

As far as BM this is an Oregon base store. some one knows someone up the food chain. I would not through that baby out with the bathwater just yet. while I don't agree ar all with what they are doing, they didn't inflate their guns and ammo prices when si many did and added hand guns to their stores during the Obama years.

So if they are a friend and I say they have been, you do don't turn on them without giving it a chance.

As far as BM this is an Oregon base store. some one knows someone up the food chain. I would not through that baby out with the bathwater just yet. while I don't agree ar all with what they are doing, they didn't inflate their guns and ammo prices when si many did and added hand guns to their stores during the Obama years.

So if they are a friend and I say they have been, you do don't turn on them without giving it a chance.
Good point, but even if I couldn't beat their prices on all firearms they have been pushing down the quality spectrum for many years and have no rifles or shotguns I would want to buy. Great sales on ammo, I hate to buy a pallet of anything, and I think adding pistols was their best decision, but riding the bandwaggon is guilty by association and shows intent. Do you really want them to flop because of backlash? They have a big enough budget to know who their customers are and they made a decision to isolate part of their core.

Jeremy

I equate the relatively small numbers of those who say they are going to 'boycott' these stores to the few antis who show up to protest at a pro gun gathering. It will accomplish nothing and certainly is not going to hurt them financially given the numbers who shop at say Bi Mart who either don't care or will never know about the 21 YOA gun and ammo restriction. And FWIW probably 98% of the Patrons I see in the sporting goods section of my local Bi Mart are typically way over 21 anyway.

I equate the relatively small numbers of those who say they are going to 'boycott' these stores to the few antis who show up to protest at a pro gun gathering. It will accomplish nothing and certainly is not going to hurt them financially given the numbers who shop at say Bi Mart who either don't care or will never know about the 21 YOA gun and ammo restriction. And FWIW probably 98% of the Patrons I see in the sporting goods section of my local Bi Mart are typically way over 21 anyway.
Perhaps it will be in vain, Bi-Mart especially is full of geriatrics, but rights are rights and not to be compromised ever. Companies spend a good percentage of their bottom line on social media and market research to anticipate what the customers want and try to keep up or get ahead. Sticking with Bi-Mart, the regulars at the Forest Grove store have one foot in the grave, who is going to take their shopping cart? They jumped too far in announcing their discriminatory policy.

You are dead wrong on the Antis, they are squealing with glee watching most national businesses cut ties with the NRA caving to their pressure. We must not let that be interpreted by our inaction as acceptable. They have never given up and now they are gaining strength, all is not well on the sidelines.

Jeremy

Way late and many dollars short, but what exactly did bimart do? Haven't been able to find anything about any policy changes, even on their website. Besides, I'd rather hear from you guys, that way I get the truth.

They are gaining in strength because someone allowed unsupervised access of a high capacity semi automatic rifle to a mentally deranged teenager and all the warning signs were ignored. That has the potential to do more damage to gun rights than all the anti gunners attempts combined. Put the responsibility where it belongs.

Last Edited:
Thank you 308.
So, bimart will not sell a firearm or ammunition to a 20 year old.
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine or Coast Guard defending their existence.
Then don't say it is ok to send them to protect our country until bimart decides they are old enough to purchase guns or ammo.
Their peers to. just me.:mad:

Fred Meyer upped the age to buy rifles to 21 in response to public outcry.

But you can set your Fred Meyer card to donate to Oregon Firearms Federation with every purchase you make there.

Its not a policy change thats gonna make any difference in the problem but they are not primarily a gun store and have a lot of people to market to. Its worth noting they didn't cave to the no open carry policy pushed several years ago in response to a mass shooting.

There are 3, count em, 3 stores in La Grande where one can buy groceries. (Well actually 4. The 4th being a health food store and which side of things do ya think they fall on?) Soooo, we got a Walmart, a Safeway, and a BiMart. Is it time to hit the SHTF supplies????

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top