JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only thing I bought there last years was sun gloves, nothing in XL on the interweb anywhere.
That is all and there will be no future purchases, EVER!!!

We should get together and boycott out front of their stores, signs & all!!!:p

Response from REI:

View attachment 436037

My response: Yes, cancel my membership and I will spread your reply across social media.

Gawd, the arrogance.
Here's my interpretation..
"Howdy, you uneducated hillbilly. We didn't even know you existed, much less darkened our doorway with your filthy, conservative presence. But now that we've looked up your membership on our apple computer, we agree that you should not be in our little club.
Good luck to you, and the poor, miserable heathens that you might father".

REI is run, and patronized, by the same sickening and sycophantic libtards that worship Whole Foods.
Can't stand the lot of them...worthless trash, floating on the largess of a great country.

Gawd, the arrogance.
Here's my interpretation..
"Howdy, you uneducated hillbilly. We didn't even know you existed, much less darkened our doorway with your filthy, conservative presence. But now that we've looked up your membership on our apple computer, we agree that you should not be in our little club.
Good luck to you, and the poor, miserable heathens that you might father".

REI is run, and patronized, by the same sickening and sycophantic libtards that worship Whole Foods.
Can't stand the lot of them...worthless trash, floating on the largess of a great country.
That's unbelievably well spoken, sir! :)

For those interested:

REI statement on relationship with Vista Outdoor | REI Newsroom

Basically, since the parent company of these manufacturers also happens to own Savage Arms, they're just going to give the finger to companies that otherwise have nothing to do with Savage.
Well that's good. I'd think having an anti outfit as an investor would be kinda counter intuitive.
Look what the teacher's union investment fund did/is doing to Remington etc. etc. so it's probably for the best.
And as for shopping there, I mighta bought a $10 gewgaw there decades ago but I prefer not directly supporting the patchouli industry via overpriced fluff.

How do you make crocs more effete? Leave that to REI..

upload_2018-3-2_21-4-36.jpeg

@308's condescending experience with REI was my final straw. I'd already decided not to darken their doorstep again, but last night emailed customer service and told them to shove my nearly 40 year membership up their collective manginas. Reason being painting an entire community of law abiding citizens with a wide brush implying that they and not the shooter were responsible for the massacre in Florida and elsewhere as well as their arrogant and condescending treatment of @308 which I attached.

I also have no interest in REI, and especially not in their customer base. When I think of the antifas, I immediately imagine they buy their urban assault gear from REI.

So nope, it wont change a thing for me.

I know REI sells a lot of products made in China. I wonder what other countries with reputations for human rights abuses they purchase from? Just curious. Perhaps if enough customers demand REI not sell products made in such countries, they would follow their social justice warrior conscience...?

In my backpacking years, 20-30yrs ago, I bought a whole bunch of REI items online. Back then they sold good stuff! I have no reason to buy there today, especially now.

Their parents buy it for them.

"Son, we need to talk. Tell me again why you want a gas mask, a hockey mask, a baseball bat, black hoodies, a bicycle helmet, spray paint, steel toed boots and t-shirts with this Che Guevara character on them? You don't play hockey or baseball, you don't have a bicycle and what in the world do you want a gas mask for?"

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews