JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all this boycotting going on now, it feels like there's some kind of retail war happening! I really took a hit to the gut when Bi-Mart jumped on the bandwagon, where I purchased my first rifle at the age of 20.
So I get the boycotting idea. I like the idea. I want to voice my opinion, and there is absolutely no better way to do it than with my Dollar. The dollar bill always has the loudest voice.
That leaves me in a conundrum.
Where do I make my purchases?
If I boycott any retailer that infringes the right to bear arms, the only place I can shop would be Curt's and Cabelas and NW Armory etc etc and they don't sell meat and potatoes. I'm not looking for a NRA approved retailer list here, I'm just looking at the common sense fact that it's a hell of a lot of work to stand by a full boycott and all the research and discipline that goes into implementing such beliefs.
Amazon, EBay, Walmart, Safeway, Delta, so many names are on the list.

You asked basically what I have been thinking lately.
With all these evil stores I am not suppose to shop at, within a month
I'll be naked, half starved and in need of a haircut.
I don't fly so I have that covered but Cabelas doesn't sell guitars and musical equipment.
Hmmm. I may need to adjust a few things because seeing me hungry and naked isn't pretty.

i filled out a survey from bimarts website and let them know my opinion... that being said, bimart is my favorite store and while i dont agree with their decision it has nothing to do with the employees that work at my local bi-mart. it was a decision from higher up.i like the people at my local bimart. theyre good folks. always friendly and helpful...i'll probably still shop at my local bimart. i dont buy ammo, i make it.

i too bought my 1st shotgun from bimart at age 18

as another member on this forum in a different thread mentioned; its like a ln unwritten PNW tradition for a dad to take his son to bimart at age 18 to pickout a rifle/shotgun.

yes, its a real bummer and im not happy with their decision.

i filled out a survey from bimarts website and let them know my opinion... that being said, bimart is my favorite store and while i dont agree with their decision it has nothing to do with the employees that work at my local bi-mart. it was a decision from higher up.i like the people at my local bimart. theyre good folks. always friendly and helpful...i'll probably still shop at my local bimart. i dont buy ammo, i make it.

i too bought my 1st shotgun from bimart at age 18

as another member on this forum in a different thread mentioned; its like a ln unwritten PNW tradition for a dad to take his son to bimart at age 18 to pickout a rifle/shotgun.

yes, its a real bummer and im not happy with their decision.

Yeah I did the same thing. Wrote them a big ole letter in the teeny tiny comment box.
Breaks my heart, them jumping on the PC bandwagon.

With all this boycotting going on now, it feels like there's some kind of retail war happening! I really took a hit to the gut when Bi-Mart jumped on the bandwagon, where I purchased my first rifle at the age of 20.
So I get the boycotting idea. I like the idea. I want to voice my opinion, and there is absolutely no better way to do it than with my Dollar. The dollar bill always has the loudest voice.
If I boycott any retailer that infringes the right to bear arms, the only place I can shop would be Curt's and Cabelas and NW Armory etc etc and they don't sell meat and potatoes. I'm not looking for a NRA approved retailer list here, I'm just looking at the common sense fact that it's a hell of a lot of work to stand by a full boycott and all the research and discipline that goes into implementing such beliefs.

Each person has to decide how far or how bad they want to go. Google is a great example. They are VERY anti gun and VERY anti free speech. My phones use them though. Pretty much a choice between them or Apple, so Google gets it. Now with the stores doing this? It may get hard. If there is only one grocery store in your town well most are going to give Fred's the business. That does not mean you can't still use your dollars. Often things people may buy at say Fred's or Bimart can be ordered from others. So while people may not be able to never set foot in the store you can look for ways to give them less business.

Just sent this to BiMart

Greetings,

I have been a member of Bimart ever since the Meadowland Bimart opened many years ago. I love your store employees and I visit the store 2-3 times a week and probably spend between $50 & $100 week at this store.

The purpose if this email is to respectfully ask you to PLEASE STOP WITH THE VIRTUE SIGNALING as relates to the topic of firearms.

Your store is the topic of discussion all over social media and I am afraid you are being lumped in with those such as Dicks and REI....please don't force me and others to stop patronizing your store, because as much as it pains me, I will. It is a sad state of afairs that it has come to this...where business move towards politics instead of just serving their customers.

Best regards
XXXXXXXXX

BiMart Feedback link here
Bi-Mart - Leave Us Feedback

Last Edited:
I have canceled a few things from companies that went against the NRA. That being said, with all the pc bs and many more companies jumping on the anti 2A bandwagon, it is impossible to boycott all.
I will however be taking my guns and ammo business only to local gun shops. I will no longer spend my hard-earned money at places like bi Mart or at Walmart when it comes to second amendment products. I'm also making sure I take the time to let each individual business know that I am dissatisfied with their choice to politicize my business and to deny legal adults the ability to arm and protect themselves.

When it comes down to it, the stores have a right to set the age policy on firearms and ammo. Do I like it, not really but that alone won't stop me from patronizing them. Not much different from them determining what age they will offer senior discounts, if they do.
However, when a corporation enacts a policy just for the sole reason of demonizing the NRA it's a different story. The intent is different and deliberate and aimed at a specific group of people (us).

Well the reality is that we are funneled as consumers with our choices. It's getting harder and harder to be able to shop under a corporate roof that doesn't toe the PC line to one extreme or another.

Learn how to hunt and grow your own food...:rolleyes:

In busisness, I have frequently had to bite my tongue and be quiet about the insanity of some customer.....I am not very good at it depending on how badly I need the deal.......I suspect most people are like that. I am not a single issue voter, life is too complex for that to be logical and I haven't bought a "new" gun for several decades. I like Walmart and Bi Mart, they are the kind of discount outlet that actually improves the life for people around them. They don't sell the quality of merchandise that I frequently prefer but they allow good value to families trying to get along in this world as best they can and they are anti Union that is an important issue to me. They are caught up in the same societal oze that the rest of us are. I think we have too many lawyers that drive many of these issues (they are as bad as homeless) They are the worst of handwringers in our community and cause more damage than we can calculate. There are companies and people I avoid and refuse to deal with but Walmart and Bimart are not on the list. They could just as easily stop selling guns and ammo all together, they are not that profitable and a PIA for them to deal with.

Last Edited:
Just sent this to BiMart

Greetings,

I have been a member of Bimart ever since the Meadowland Bimart opened many years ago. I love your store employees and I visit the store 2-3 times a week and probably spend between $50 & $100 week at this store.

The purpose if this email is to respectfully ask you to PLEASE STOP WITH THE VIRTUE SIGNALING as relates to the topic of firearms.

Your store is the topic of discussion all over social media and I am afraid you are being lumped in with those such as Dicks and REI....please don't force me and others to stop patronizing your store, because as much as it pains me, I will. It is a sad state of afairs that it has come to this...where business move towards politcs instead of just serving their customers.

Best regards
XXXXXXXXX

BiMart Feedback link here
Bi-Mart - Leave Us Feedback

I just filled out their online survey and also left a message in regards to the boycott...

I have canceled a few things from companies that went against the NRA. That being said, with all the pc bs and many more companies jumping on the anti 2A bandwagon, it is impossible to boycott all.
I will however be taking my guns and ammo business only to local gun shops. I will no longer spend my hard-earned money at places like bi Mart or at Walmart when it comes to second amendment products. I'm also making sure I take the time to let each individual business know that I am dissatisfied with their choice to politicize my business and to deny legal adults the ability to arm and protect themselves.
Brilliant! This is a great time to get to know your local gun shops and tell them exactly what you want them to carry. They will be most grateful.

Jeremy

Boycotting, if you understand the underlying problem is these men and women 18-21 in the military are dying so you can shop freely at your local store. So saying its a bother, tell that to the 18 year old dodging bullets this morning. You boycott because you understand the cause, if you do not boycott then in my opinion you are clueless to what this all means. I love Bimart like many do but this is a serious issue.
Don't say you are understanding a boycott if you are not willing to do so. As if you got it at all people you would boycot without question. The same people who wont boycott, are probably same people who scream no compromise and not on my watch BS. And this right here " comprising" by shopping at these stores is why we as gun owners lose rights we are all talk and zero action.

Thank God our forefather did go , yea but the English make great tea why can't we buy some.
Some people you just can't reach, they will remain clueless about freedom and rights in this country and will only awake when those freedoms are stripped. Back to your regular scheduled programming..

I couldn't have said it better myself Cigars. In a free market economy, any store can set any policy they want. I don't begrudge them that. I do begrudge the timing of the policy change to coincide with antigun propaganda against the NRA and law abiding gun owners. If the left is successful in bringing down the NRA (I doubt it, but lets roll with it for a minute), then total gun bans and confiscations are not far behind. All of this over made up policies to support a facade of an agenda to keep kids safe. Just below the facade however is the real agenda of total gun bans. The left is very good at whipping up and playing on peoples emotions ("If you dont support [insert latest sound bite here: banning the NRA, raising the age limit, etc.] then you are a cold hearted hater of children"). They manage to make this sound pretty convincing on the surface. There are far too many people who are either too lazy to look up facts on their own, or don't posess critical thinking skills and will buy into the media sound bites hook, line and sinker.

So.? What choices do we have? Starting with writing the companies (good on you who have done this), shopping elsewhere, changing credit cards... these are all good first strike tactics. But until and unless we legal gun owners can match the lefts ability to prey on peoples emotions to futher our agenda of the "right of the people to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED", we are going to be stuck playing defence.

Boycotting, if you understand the underlying problem is these men and women 18-21 in the military are dying so you can shop freely at your local store. So saying its a bother, tell that to the 18 year old dodging bullets this morning. You boycott because you understand the cause, if you do not boycott then in my opinion you are clueless to what this all means. I love Bimart like many do but this is a serious issue.
Don't say you are understanding a boycott if you are not willing to do so. As if you got it at all people you would boycot without question. The same people who wont boycott, are probably same people who scream no compromise and not on my watch BS. And this right here " comprising" by shopping at these stores is why we as gun owners lose rights we are all talk and zero action.

Thank God our forefather did go , yea but the English make great tea why can't we buy some.
Some people you just can't reach, they will remain clueless about freedom and rights in this country and will only awake when those freedoms are stripped. Back to your regular scheduled programming..
So, allow anyone under 21 that has successfully completed military basic training to buy guns (or drink) .......that levels the playing ground. The mere ascension to a particular numerical age only proves that someone fed you, not that you have obtained any wisdom or knowledge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top