JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You will not even have to dive in the dumpster for them just go to Portland with a bag of cans leave a trail to the dumpster throw and hand full of can in there wait 10 mins. Some one will be along to dig them out for you lol

If Bi-Mart were directed to take higher capacity magazines off the shelf, they would simply return them for full credit to the vendors. I once tried to negotiate with a bi-mart store manager over a chipped enameled Dutch oven. He said that they would simply return it to their supplier and receive a credit for it. The only time that I have ever heard (factually) about this kind of destruction was during the war in Vietnam. I watched as M-1 carbines had the barrels cut off in front of the fore stock. Over two thousand of them! Another old marine related to me that at the end of WWII, he didn't have enough "points" to go home, so he and several others were relegated to transporting cases of new 1911's, along with various other weapons to a barge that was then towed into Manila Bay where they were tossed into the sea. I am aware of sea planes and other aircraft being pushed via bull dozer into the sea at Dutch Harbor at war's end and tires tossed into the harbor at Calais, France.

Another point of clarification. They were not referencing packaged magazines but the magazines included with the firearm, in the box. At that point, they don't have separate packaging or a separate SKU. I'd imagine there is no clear way to return or deal with the magazines in that case. I'd be very interested to know what ends up happening to them as there are certainly a few that go unclaimed. I'd imagine they go home with employees rather than be destroyed, which, frankly, I'd prefer that someone can at least benefit from them.

If you buy a handgun at SafeFire in Camas, they are requesting the handgun to come shipped with the standard mags, then the they will place these mags in an envelope with your name/phone number on it and store it until the mag ban is over. The buyer will get a call to come and pick them up.

As part of the purchase you will also need to buy the 10-rd mags (as necessary) to use in the interim.

At least SafeFire is using their heads and not destroying equipment you've legally paid for and you can obtain them when mag bans are struck down.

Well that's stupid. There's no enforced mag ban at all and I'd be pissed if a store made be buy 10 round mags while keeping my rightfully owned standard cap mags hostage.

Well that's stupid. There's no enforced mag ban at all and I'd be pissed if a store made be buy 10 round mags while keeping my rightfully owned standard cap mags hostage.

I'm not sure if you are referring to my post or not, but in Washington it IS enforced. If an FFL "transfers" those mags to you as the new gun owner, the FFL can be cited and lose their business license in Washington. Yep, I'd say that is "enforcement".

Two WA FFLs are already in that predicament. And, frankly, if an FFL loses its business license and has to shut down, the likelihood of restarting that business later is very low. Once gone, honest citizens lose access to the business completely. Yep, that's enforcement as well.

You will eventually get your mags, but not until the mag ban is rescinded (which it should be).

100% agree. The mags are MY property when I purchase the pistol. The mags have absolutely NOTHING to do with the BGC. Furthermore the forcing of a 10rnd mag purchase is absurd. Nowhere in the law does it state (to my knowledge) that a gun sale requires a 10rnd mag.. the "ability to use" is not a clause in the law and owners may have a stack of mags at home for all the LGS knows.. sounds mighty scammy.

100% agree. The mags are MY property when I purchase the pistol. The mags have absolutely NOTHING to do with the BGC. Furthermore the forcing of a 10rnd mag purchase is absurd. Nowhere in the law does it state (to my knowledge) that a gun sale requires a 10rnd mag.. the "ability to use" is not a clause in the law and owners may have a stack of mags at home for all the LGS knows.. sounds mighty scammy.
ALL of the 'save the children" anti-gun laws are a stupid game, but if you take a step back from name-calling and look at it from the perspective of a business owner trying to stay alive in this world of ridiculous antics by politicians, IT'S NOT STUPID AT ALL. They need to be adaptable in the face of losing their business while asking the gun buyers to trust them. This is not of their choosing AT ALL.

ALL of the 'save the children" anti-gun laws are a stupid game, but if you take a step back from name-calling and look at it from the perspective of a business owner trying to stay alive in this world of ridiculous antics by politicians, IT'S NOT STUPID AT ALL. They need to be adaptable in the face of losing their business while asking the gun buyers to trust them. This is not of their choosing AT ALL.
I gotta disagree with their tactics. Withholding purchased property and forcing a sale is a bad approach. What they should do is have 10rnd mags available and talk about the law and how it impacts carrying. That way for pistol purchases they could incentivize sales. But I do grasp your sentiment when it comes to LGS trying to survive due to this insane anti gun nonsense basically cutting them off at the knees.

We are at a point now where I'd also understand if they chose to enact a "storage" fee while the BGC process took its time to go through, this way they have payment for the bulk of storage chewed up by the lagging BGC system. Some may oppose this idea but I do understand that the FFL is holding more and more products and they need to have something to show for the room taken up by items. I personally mostly buy online now, so a store still allowing me to buy and transfer from an online retailer but also charging me a prorated or flat storage fee would make sense to me. I'd still get the exact firearm I'm after and Id also still be able to engage in online purchases for the specific firearms I want which many FFL's are not doing these days. I'd also heavily entertain a LGS riveting/permanently limiting magazines to 10rnds so I can still get mags with my guns (such as with PSA and their "gear up" deals).. I'd still want the mags included but I'd be willing to pay for the capacity limiting services provided by the LGS once the 10rnd magazine capacity law is enacted.

What I'm opposed to currently is the withholding of property and forcing a sale, I feel that's a bad tactic. I feel that other approaches could be made that would encourage sales and also maintain a revenue stream for the LGS during these times.

We can agree to disagree, then. Those of us that aren't FFLs and don't own this type of business can disagree all we want, but many FFLs may not survive (maybe that's the real intent of the gun-grabbers), unless we buy from them to keep them in business. Otherwise, we all lose. These are times of tough decisions by business owners.

We need to appreciate the position these businesses are in and let our opinions slip a little bit. Everyone has an opinion about most everything, but unless we are invested as an FFL, we don't carry the same risk they do.

Agree to disagree is ok. 👍

We can agree to disagree, then. Those of us that aren't FFLs and don't own this type of business can disagree all we want, but many FFLs may not survive (maybe that's the real intent of the gun-grabbers), unless we buy from them to keep them in business. Otherwise, we all lose. These are times of tough decisions by business owners.

We need to appreciate the position these businesses are in and let our opinions slip a little bit. Everyone has an opinion about most everything, but unless we are invested as an FFL, we don't carry the same risk they do.

Agree to disagree is ok. 👍
I agree that forcing an additional product sale is bullcrap and the main reason I will not give them my money.

I disagree that it is an acceptable business move.

Having the "option" to purchase is acceptable, not compulsion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top