JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do not discount the influence of insurance companies in this type decision. They wield tremendous power in busisness and society in general. The decisions of the insurance industry are unregulated and seldom explained. I own several companies.....have for 40 years. Many issues are dictated by insurance actuarials for better or worse.

Hence my point on relying solely on shipping dependent options. Do not place all the eggs in the proverbial handbasket.
I am confused as to why there is such a backlash as to put a viable option out of business due to boycotting and then blame it on the opposition.
The unity should be used to effect change to the behemoth. Not to challenge the smallest of the bunch.

the hope is that they will realize that this ridiculous decision is NOT what their customers want.
They will then reverse their decision.

Otherwise, if they get away with this.... And don't see a hit to their bottom line.....
when the next group of teenagers comes along and wants them to stop selling it all..... They will be likely to do so.
If they can make a PC public relations statement by selling us out and still maintain profits... Why wouldn't they do it again?

Being the quiet mouse in the corner has done nothing. Now we have what used to be what we assumed to be allies turning on us.

The antis have declared an all out war on us. From the old millionaires at the top... To a bunch of kids who can't even vote yet vowing to boycott everyone and vote out people who aren't in lockstep with them.

And... It's working.

If you aren't acting to counter that. You are part of the problem.

passively sitting there hoping they'll leave you alone its going to work anymore.

one step at a time, they are coming. One step at a time, they are winning.

That's a good point, maybe Bi-Mart did this for the public image, imagine the image of the next shooting and it is doing Bi-Mart was the place the shooter purchased the ammo used! That would be a pretty compelling business decision, imagine Bi-Marts image flashed nationwide as the point of sale for ammo or even a firearm used! Dosnt make it right, but it could be viewed as doing something!

Bi-Mart headquarters is in Eugene. Now, I'm not saying that everyone in Eugene is liberal, but certainly a majority. I needed a RCBS bullet puller collet awhile back and went to get one at Bi-Mart. The folks there know me and I sensed that the person that helped me was surprised to see me. The collet was less than 10 bucks and if I remember correctly, they used to be a few bucks more. I'm not happy with BM, but I'm not going to punish myself to deprive them of a few bucks. I have written their headquarters and expressed my disgust.

the hope is that they will realize that this ridiculous decision is NOT what their customers want.
They will then reverse their decision.

Otherwise, if they get away with this.... And don't see a hit to their bottom line.....

So tell me...
NWFA members and all associated sportsmen stop shopping at BiMart completely. They don't sell a single bullet or gun. A total 100% effective boycott, then what happens?
My guess is they sever contracts with wholesale suppliers for the products and stop carrying all the things we use.
You think they will change their mind and allow the 18-21 year-olds their rights back?
I remember the last time we all had "hope".

For the record, I am opposed to the policy change to deny rights. I have also contacted them in various methods and encouraged others to do the same.
National - BI-Mart raises rifle purchase age to 21

I totally agree doing nothing is the same as joining the other side. But knee-jerk reactions have no place on either side. We need to think it through, find the enemy and unify.

I am missing the blame that should be going to the 18-21 mass shooters. They are the cause of these corporate decisions (same as spray paint and alcohol restrictions). Without them, no one would be having this conversation. They are the cause of giving the anti's very volatile Powerful fuel to be used against us. in every other conversation, we say blame the individual, not the gun. I think similar applies here, blame the individual, not the corporation trying to supply our sport. The false argument that 18 year olds can serve in the military is a red herring at best arguedmost often by people with no experiance in the military. Firearm use in the military is strictly controlled and supervised. A gun is only issued when it might be nessisary for use (or training) and only after extensive psychological training and with the weapon. The psychological part is called basic training. I would support anyone having successful completed basic military training be allowed to own a firearm reguardless of age but even real hard core weapons training occurs after basic when we go to our specialized job instruction.

Last Edited:
Well, scorched earth may not be for everyone... For me personally? I will fight fire with fire and if people get burned, well... they should have avoided the fire.

I get that nothing will come of it. I get that I am wasting my time and am under no illusion that if everyone who cares about the Second Amendment never spent a dime there again, that it would have any effect on their decisions.

That is what bothers me the most. Very very rarely does a boycott do much at all. BiMart had nothing to lose by not saying anything at all or even stating the fact that 18-21 year olds are NOT out there committing a disproportionate amount of crime with long guns... and that while they sympathize with the victims of senseless violence, they will continue to follow the law and serve all citizens of legal age. Period. End of story.

This was a decision made at the top of BiMart, NOT in reaction to any campaign directed at them specifically... but made proactively.

Im split on whether I think it will help change their minds, or if I just want to be punitive.

The enemy is everywhere and spreading. We've been at that junction for a long while. It is time to unify and fight them at every turn.
For me, at least, that fight is with my wallet. There is nothing at BiMart or Fred Meyer or Dicks, etc that I cannot get someplace else that chooses to be in the buisness of business and not the business of politics.

Maybe I am just becoming a stubborn old bastard, but in the last year I have on principle not shopped certain stores, not seen movies starring actors who opened their fat mouths which I had previously enjoyed, etc.
I have no interest in participating in and financing business and industries who want to, and are actively fighting, to destroy my freedoms and way of life.

So, you're right. Its not going to change anything. But Ill be damned if Ill walk through their doors, hat in hand... as long as there are alternatives... I will choose them.

I am missing the blame that should be going to the 18-21 mass shooters. They are the cause of these corporate decisions (same as spray paint and alcohol restrictions). Without them, no one would be having this conversation. They are the cause of giving the anti's very volatile Powerful fuel to be used against us. in every other conversation, we say blame the individual, not the gun. I think similar applies here, blame the individual, not the corporation trying to supply our sport.
Sure, then we can just roll over for assault weapon ban... afterall... they just want to ban *some* guns. Then they will leave us alone.
I mean, come on... its not Kate Browns fault, its the criminals.

Why should we vote her out? She is just responding to public pressure.... kind of like BiMart, right?

I love Bimart been my favorite go to and get out store.
I am not happy with their choice, not even sure where the not under 21 comes from.
There are more shootings of people over 21 using a gun then under so why other then political??

I am not happy with their choice, not even sure where the not under 21 comes from.
There are more shootings of people over 21 using a gun then under so why other then political??

My personal opinion is that they are working on killing 'gun culture' ... afterall, if you can delay someone from owning a gun a few more years... and make it hard to own it or get ammo... unless they are from a home where guns were a thing.... its possible that they might move on to another hobby or sport...

That, combined with the peer pressure and widespread use of pop culture...

Its all over but the crying.
The golden age of gun culture has waned. We have only our complacency over the last 25 years to thank for it.

Probably true of the wider array of conservative issues as well.

Society understands many otherwise illegal shootings. Anger, money, drug wars, jealousy, the normal culprits. These school shootings are more akin to a suicide bomber. Difficult to understand and justify. That is why they get so much notice by the press and every day people and why they give such power as an argument to the opposition.

My personal opinion is that they are working on killing 'gun culture' ... afterall, if you can delay someone from owning a gun a few more years... and make it hard to own it or get ammo... unless they are from a home where guns were a thing.... its possible that they might move on to another hobby or sport...

That, combined with the peer pressure and widespread use of pop culture...

Its all over but the crying.
The golden age of gun culture has waned. We have only our complacency over the last 25 years to thank for it.

Probably true of the wider array of conservative issues as well.
how can you consider that Bi Mart is trying to kill gun culture when they are one of the largest retailers of guns and shooting products in the northwest........do you even read what you are writing? It seems you are trying to live up to your screen name.

Well, scorched earth may not be for everyone... For me personally? I will fight fire with fire and if people get burned, well... they should have avoided the fire.

I get that nothing will come of it. I get that I am wasting my time and am under no illusion that if everyone who cares about the Second Amendment never spent a dime there again, that it would have any effect on their decisions.

I guess it depends on your shooting style.
Find your target, place bead on target, control breath, squeeze trigger, eliminate bullseye and repeat.
Or spray and pray, yell yahoo and too bad -- your were in the way.

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this has been addressed already, but I was told that Bi-Mart it simply responding to policy changes by certain financial institutions, and that there must be a financial relationship of some kind there. It has been nice to see in recent days that some major lenders have come out to say that it's not their business to try to regulate a legal product.

I think a quick note to Bi-Mart from concerned members politely asking them to reconsider this policy, and simply follow what the law requires, as they do with other things like alcohol or tobacco, might be the most practical approach.

It's sad they made this choice, but ultimately they're in business to make money, not make political stands for things like the 2nd amendment.
And yet they are making a political stand against it.

I think a quick note to Bi-Mart from concerned members politely asking them to reconsider this policy, and simply follow what the law requires, as they do with other things like alcohol or tobacco, might be the most practical approach
This!!

And yet they are making a political stand against it.

This!!

True, but ultimately it's a financial decision. They are a for profit company - if they believe their customer base is more likely to support their decision to limit sales than to be against them, they are going to make the decision they believe will benefit them financially in the long run. I have no doubt they weighed the potential impact of a boycott from BOTH sides of this debate before they made their decision. I think their decision, at least in my opinion, reflects the fact that they're more worried about the impact the other side will make over the impact the pro-gun side will make. I really don't know, just my feeling based on watching how businesses have made similar decisions in the past.

I think a quick note to Bi-Mart from concerned members politely asking them to reconsider this policy, and simply follow what the law requires, as they do with other things like alcohol or tobacco, might be the most practical approach.

Agreed. They've already heard from me, I may just ping them again to be sure they don't miss it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top