JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not relevant to Bi-Mart, but I was discussing the "probationary adult" issue with a coworker recently and made the comment that if 18-20 year old adults are not mature enough to own a rifle or buy ammo, then maybe they're not mature enough to vote, either.

Wow, what a negative reaction. You CAN'T take away their sacred right to vote. Heaven forbid! After all, that age group is the most reliable bloc of Democrat voters.
If I was King.........no one under 21, or that collected a government assistance check or didn't own property would be able to vote.

I definitely understand the upheaval about this, but I also find it intriguing. I've seen people state it's a civil rights violation and many other claims. However, I wonder if the outrage was shared when stores stopped selling those cans of air duster to people under 18? Or when they started restricting sudafed sales? Or the numerous other simialr examples that aren't firearms related? I'm not condoning these actions, and find them all ludicrous. I'm also not faulting people for calling them out. I'm just curious if the reaction is across the board, or only when it applies to them?

The Bill of rights includes an acknowledgement to the protection of the public's right to possess and bear arms.

There isn't any right or amendment that states people have a right to sudafed or spray can dusters. That might be where the reason is, things the public makes a big deal about compared to the things they don't make a big deal about.

We buy a lot of stuff from Bi Mart. Have never bought a gun (they don't sell most of the guns I prefer) and rarely buy other shooting supplies........(I buy more fishing gear there) but it is nice to know if I need something they may have it in stock. They seem to work hard keeping prices down allowing more people access to the shooting sports. We were buying 22 ammo from them when no one else had it and the prices were not inflated. The people that work in our store are neighbors and friends in our community (one rents a house from me). I really think the angst and virtual directed towards them could be better directed. Someplace like Fred Meyers that has stopped selling guns all together or some local politician that won't allow a gun store to come in. Those are the enemies that deserve this kind of calling out. The problem is people won't even take the time to identify who those people are let alone confront them. It is the same as a terrorist seeking out a soft target instead of confronting an equal opponent.
Iv been wanting to say the same thing. Remember that the person working the counter didn't take away your right to buy guns or ammo so no need to treat them disrespectfully. The people who work my local bimarts gun counter were just as disappointed as we were about the new rules but the stories I hear from them about what people say and how they treat them is disgraceful. Their people trying to feed their families like the rest of us. Direct that anger to the people at the top who deserve it. Im betting you don't get pissed at the guy pumping your gas because the price went up....

Don't be so sure. I pumped gas for 2 years during the first 'gas crisis' and received plenty of condemnation. To this day I make it a point to thank the pump jockeys when the price goes down.

Also I agree with making your points with dignity.
It would be best to eliminate the epithet 'Gun Nuts' and that will happen by representing properly.

Bi-Mart's rationale regarding the new policy:

More gun retailers raising the age of firearm sales to 21 years old

It's a "step in the right direction"...

This is pure, ignorant, malarkey. If the child is raised with discipline and can control such childish impulses (as we were taught) the problems will be self-limiting. (Limited to a small group of emotionally incapable/unstable individuals).

Quit turning out whining, self-important, self-serving, snowflakes, and these problems will go away!

Last Edited:
Don't be so sure. I pumped gas for 2 years during the first 'gas crisis' and received plenty of condemnation. To this day I make it a point to thank the pump jockeys when the price goes down.

Also I agree with making your points with dignity.
It would be best to eliminate the epithet 'Gun Nuts' and that will happen by representing properly.

I remember pumping gas when the price finally broke the $2.00 mark... you would have thought I said something about their mothers...
Standing in the freezing east wind, swing shift on 162nd & Stark........... making less than $60/wk after school. Yup, Im the guy you need to complain to :rolleyes:

Worse than that, I had the honor of being a manager at Sears back when the company decided that some Craftsman hand tools no longer carried a lifetime warranty. My God, you want to see grown men act like 3 year olds..... tell him he cant return his broken screwdriver (which was clearly used as a pry bar)... we nearly had to call the police a time or two.

Anyone who berates a wage earner over their boss's policies... is a scumbag.

Worse than that, I had the honor of being a manager at Sears back when the company decided that some Craftsman hand tools no longer carried a lifetime warranty. My God, you want to see grown men act like 3 year olds..... tell him he cant return his broken screwdriver (which was clearly used as a pry bar)... we nearly had to call the police a time or two.

Anyone who berates a wage earner over their boss's policies... is a scumbag.
You shoulda seen some of the 4chan-tards going full Veruca Salt because store employees wouldn't break street-date on new Jurassic World toys clearly marked "NO SALE BEFORE April 16"...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top