JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would have said the same thing. I bought a 26 as my first carry gun and quickly sold it and went with a 19. Sold the 19 and started carrying a 17. Now I carry a 45 and occasionally a 48 but I want another 17 to carry again……
Glock 19 and 17 are the sweet spot when it comes to carry gun size, I'm more of a hammer fired pistol kinda guy but if I ever go back to carrying Glocks I'll be carrying a G19 or G17 again. (I've carried both in the past also)

Glock 19 and 17 are the sweet spot when it comes to carry gun size, I'm more of a hammer fired pistol kinda guy but if I ever go back to carrying Glocks I'll be carrying a G19 or G17 again. (I've carried both in the past also)
I hate the grip angle of the 19. I strictly stick to full size frames.

I would have said the same thing. I bought a 26 as my first carry gun and quickly sold it and went with a 19. Sold the 19 and started carrying a 17. Now I carry a 45 and occasionally a 48 but I want another 17 to carry again……
You can always just do what I do. Own em ALL and carry as the situation dictates. :D

I'm most comfortable with my 23 carry, but there's always a place for my 22 during the colder months and more easily concealable. My 27 on some occassions as a backup or when wardrobe and comfort dictates a little less "bulk".

That said... I have to agree. As a first firearm, an SC wouldn't be the direction I might recommend, but to each their own.

Besides, my 26 and 19 are only good for plinking, anyway.

(Oh NO I didn't... did I??:s0111:)

You can always just do what I do. Own em ALL and carry as the situation dictates. :D

I'm most comfortable with my 23 carry, but there's always a place for my 22 during the colder months and more easily concealable. My 27 on some occassions as a backup or when wardrobe and comfort dictates a little less "bulk".

That said... I have to agree. As a first firearm, an SC wouldn't be the direction I might recommend, but to each their own.

Besides, my 26 and 19 are only good for plinking, anyway.

(Oh NO I didn't... did I??:s0111:)
I won't judge you if .40 makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I'll stick with 9mm. Haha

Do you have a CHL… Cause the OP does not due to the fact he just turned 21. The CHL normally bumps you to the top and speeds up the process. No CHL and you go to the back of the line.
Yes, I have an Oregon and Utah CHL but I didn't bring that up or show my CHL. I have also went through the tax stamp process several times. Tick Licker staff didn't ask for my CHL, but it could be on file with the BATFE.

it's exhausting lol. i'm wondering if i give them a call and ask if they can check my position in queue. anybody know if that's something i can do?
Like said above. Don't get antsy and start calling them. That is a noobie move. If more than a 2-3 weeks go by, maybe.

It's good having younger blood on the forum. And you'll find it true that a good number of us can revert to elementary school level from time to time. With all the garbage going on in our cities and state, it's good to get laughs in childish behavior from time to time. If you choose to become a supporting member it opens up privileges that non-supporting member don't realize.

it's exhausting lol. i'm wondering if i give them a call and ask if they can check my position in queue. anybody know if that's something i can do?
...exhausting like "Do Not Open Until Christmas"... thought of posting a "patience Padawan" meme but you don't need that.

A couple suggestions in the meantime:
  1. Start your search and acquisition for 9mm ammo. You could always go back to the shop and pick a box every week until you are approved. Thus not wasting anybody's time.
  2. In the mean time do start the process to get your permit if you have not already as that takes a bit of time. So may as well get that in the pipeline too :D
    ...Second this.
  3. Take a look at this course (Oregon Sheriffs Association) as it satisfies your OR CHL coursework, though I STRONGLY suggest you take a class/training and get some live fire practice - most courses require a strong side OWB holster so you might want to pick up one of those too.
  4. Take a look at different pistol matches (IDPA, USPSA, etc) at various clubs around here. Tri-County Gun club does a bi-monthly EDC match that allows AIWB. It's open to the public and is the next one is April 24.
Good luck (patience) and welcome to the best forum around.

Yes, I have an Oregon and Utah CHL but I didn't bring that up or show my CHL. I have also went through the tax stamp process several times. Tick Licker staff didn't ask for my CHL, but it could be on file with the BATFE.
OR CHL is on file with OSP.

OR background checks go through OSP.

Hence why you had near "instant". When the "system" is working "correctly"...

Oh yes, brain fart about background checks going through OSP. Kind of sucks to be in line waiting as a new firearm owner. I do appreciate the added benefits of being a CHL holder with near zero wait times when I want to make a firearm purchase.
I agree with what others have suggested to the OP, be patient and get signed up for some training if you have the opportunity. Training is sure to increase a users confidence and familiarity with firearm handling and safety.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top