JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at Tick Licker Firearms in South Salem 1/2 hour before closing today and was #2 in the queue and walked out the door with my firearm before closing time. Not sure what the OP's issue was, but I had no problems and never have had an issue with them. IMO, they are probably one of the best firearms FFL's in the area.
Do you have a CHL… Cause the OP does not due to the fact he just turned 21. The CHL normally bumps you to the top and speeds up the process. No CHL and you go to the back of the line.

I was at Tick Licker Firearms in South Salem 1/2 hour before closing today and was #2 in the queue and walked out the door with my firearm before closing time. Not sure what the OP's issue was, but I had no problems and never have had an issue with them. IMO, they are probably one of the best firearms FFL's in the area.
do you have Conceal permit?

Back when I carried badge and gun, WA State law allowed a citizen (with a CPL) to buy and walk out with the gun. Me, on-duty, in uniform, driving a patrol car and carrying a gun - had to wait 7 days. Brilliant.

Back when I carried badge and gun, WA State law allowed a citizen (with a CPL) to buy and walk out with the gun. Me, on-duty, in uniform, driving a patrol car and carrying a gun - had to wait 7 days. Brilliant.
Another shining example of what happens when you let Gov agencies get involved in things. ALL logic and reason fly's right out the window. :mad:

Again, thank you all for the replies. I'm new to firearms so I might sound sorta goofy sometimes, but I'll definitely try to fit in haha.
Keep hangin' in and hangin' out. Don't worry if you think a question is stupid. If they haven't laughed me outta here then you won't have any problem fittin' in.

Keep hangin' in and hangin' out. Don't worry if you think a question is stupid. If they haven't laughed me outta here then you won't have any problem fittin' in.
We have, you just haven't caught on yet...

I kid! All are welcome. Except for tire kickers and scammers.

And on that note (the question may be "stupid") don't take what people say here personally or as the gospel. If you can let comments run off your back without being offended you will do just fine.

it's exhausting lol. i'm wondering if i give them a call and ask if they can check my position in queue. anybody know if that's something i can do?
Be patient and wait. There is nothing you can do to speed up the process.

it's exhausting lol. i'm wondering if i give them a call and ask if they can check my position in queue. anybody know if that's something i can do?
Sadly all you can do is wait. There is no making it go faster. In the mean time do start the process to get your permit if you have not already as that takes a bit of time. So may as well get that in the pipeline too :D

I think going for a Glock 19 or 17 would have been better choice of a first pistol.
Subcompacts are more difficult to shoot well, I also wouldn't be thinking about carrying it anytime soon till you get a lot of range time with it(think in excess of 1,000 rounds), especially something as small as a glock 26.

I think going for a Glock 19 or 17 would have been better choice of a first pistol.
Subcompacts are more difficult to shoot well, I also wouldn't be thinking about carrying it anytime soon till you get a lot of range time with it(think in excess of 1,000 rounds), especially something as small as a glock 26.
I would have said the same thing. I bought a 26 as my first carry gun and quickly sold it and went with a 19. Sold the 19 and started carrying a 17. Now I carry a 45 and occasionally a 48 but I want another 17 to carry again……

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top