JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I loved mine til it shot the guide rod down range and I replaced the guide rod and tried to better secure the two pieces together but couldn't ever get the thought of it failing again. I love Sigs , but just not this model.

til it shot the guide rod down range
Yep, mine basically did the same thing as I mentioned in an earlier post. So I investigated the new, what seems like a 20 lb trigger pull issue and it seems it is binding every now and then due to movement in the main spring housing. Plastic retainer pin that holds the spring in place, looks like it might have been sheared off; now the nub is too short to keep the spring in place. Yep, I am surely soured on Sig Sauer; maybe that's why that just go by Sig now? Oh well, enjoy your P938's, mine is going away on Thursday, trading it toward a CZ 2075 Rami 9mm. PS - I will add I haven't had any failure to feed or eject issues and have shot over 1000 rounds from it. Unfortunately, the other issues say my luck with Sig is not meant to be :(

Last Edited:
I love my 938, it is my preferred IWB option. It just disappears. I find it to be very accurate shooting and it's the smallest pistol that I can comfortably shoot and enjoy shooting. I've probably put 500 rounds through it with few problems that were primarily self inflicted. I like it so much I want to buy a second one, but can never justify having a second one lol

My mom wanted to start carrying and she enjoyed shooting the 938 enough compared to other options that she plans to get one to.

Very true. When you pop the mag and clear the chamber you effectively create an expensive boat anchor and in this case it's only for a tiny boat. My 938 also spits out a round when I eject the mag about 25% of the time. I just chalk it up to the round wanting out real bad. Never had a ftf or fte.

I have a 938 that's one of my two primary carry pistols (the other is the new Performance Center Ported S&W 9mm Shield). I jumped on a good deal on the Crimson Trace Trigger Guard Laser for the 938 and it's simply amazing. First time out I didn't even have to adjust it. CT claims it comes centered from the factory at 50 feet and I absolutely believe it. The laser actually comes with a pocket holster that fits the 938 with laser or there are any number of holster makers out there who make IWB holsters that fit the laser equipped 938. I've never had a single FTF/FTE on mine and I'm well over 500 rounds. I personally think it's the best small carry pistol made, although the new Ported Shield comes close. Good luck with it. And you'll get used to the Condition One carry. My safety takes a solid downward push before it clicks into the fire mode. Chances are next to nothing that it'll ever pop off of safe if you can keep your hands off of it. Have fun.

After I wrote this I read around a bit and it seems to be fairly common and nothing anyone seems too worried about. As for unloading it, personal preference.

So considering about everyone in this thread is a 938 owner, thought this would be a good spot to ask. I've had it for about a year now and love it. I shoot so much better with it than I even did with my 229.. Anyway, question regarding chambering a round.. When I get home I always pop the mag out and unload the gun. Thing is, almost every time I do, the next round in line falls out of the magwell as soon as I eject the mag and if it doesn't, it's hanging on by a thread. It's like when I chamber one, the friction from the round going in slides that second round out of the mag a ways or maybe it's the ejector? Never had a FTF with it, feeds great. Only this which may be a non issue, but never had another gun do it before. Let me know if this is a common thing, if I'm stupid or if I should be calling Sig. Thanks!

Sorry for the thread-jack but it seemed to be about over anyway ;)

I just picked up the Kimber Micro 9, very similar gun to the 938 and my Kimber does the same thing. First couple times I thought what the heck. After a little googling it seemed to be common to several similar gun models. And most everyone stated the same thing, don't worry about it.

I just picked up the Kimber Micro 9, very similar gun to the 938 and my Kimber does the same thing. First couple times I thought what the heck. After a little googling it seemed to be common to several similar gun models. And most everyone stated the same thing, don't worry about it.
I actually don't recall my Micro 9 having a round pop off when unloading, so it may be less prone to do ing so that the P938 was; but yes the P938 did it quite regularly. With each of them I always pushed the top round back before loading up.

Thanks for letting me know. Took me by surprise the first few times

tmp_9767-20170420_192618-1716912872.jpg
Heres the finished work. Adjustable flat trigger and Houge Aluminum main spring housing. Broke two punches pressing the trigger pin out, but that seems fairly common from what ive read on forums. still havent messed with adjusting the trigger. But im happy, as I prefer the feel of flat triggers. And my sig has no polymer parts(except mag extension).

You'll live it I carry one as well and it beats the striker fired guns hands down.

View attachment 348976

That is more than a little bit of exaggeration and hyperbole in making such a broad statement.

There are some good, quality striker fired handguns that are very close to the P938 in size and weight. I personally could never carry and shoot a gun this small, with my large hands.

I myself would rate overall quality on either a Springfield XDs or Walther PPS to be superior. Both of these guns are nearly identical in dimensions and weight, as one can see in this photo below of them:

PPSvsXDS-1024x788.jpg

And in these photos below, one can see the the XDs is only slightly larger than the P938, and a few oz heavier:

XDs on left, 938 on right:

xds2.jpg

P938 on left, XDs on right:

xds1.jpg

Two points that were key for me in buying my Walther PPS were:

1) No manual safety to worry about disengaging when in a crisis situation

2) I could get a pistol in .40 S&W that was the exact same size and weight as the 9mm model

So instead of 6 + 1 of 9mm, I have 6 + 1 of .40 S&W:

DSC_0732aa.jpg

Last Edited:
I've carried both the 9mm and 45 pda. decent firearms but they are a bit longer stick up higher in the than the best and not nearly as nice as the 938. once also carried kahr and other striker fired guns and still say no striker fire can compare to the 938 it's in a class if it's own for the size.

not saying polyguns are bad just saying metal is better

Again, that also is such a broad and blanket statement for you to make. For you are implying that the quality of all polymer guns is the same, which I can fully assure you is most certainly not at all the case. And nor are all of the all metal guns that are on the market built to the same quality levels.

Field strip a Walther PPS or a Springfield XDs, and you will find them to be very high quality pistols. Or what about HK pistols? Do you really consider them to be inferior guns? Now there are some polymer guns that I would personally never again own myself. For example, I would never again touch polymer guns from Taurus, Kahr, or Kel-Tec.

To claim that one class or type of firearm is in general superior, is being more than a bit biased.

First off congrats on a great purchase! Now down to business!

I know it's common practice but I have kind of a weird mental issue with seeing that hammer cocked while it's stuffed in my belt. (I'm sure I'll get over it)

You can see the hammer cocked back while in your belt?!? You better eat some more french fries and drink some more beers. You won't have to worry about seeing it when you develop Dunlop's Syndrome. Your belly will then be done lopped over your belt. LOL
Happy I don't have that problem. Really!!! OK, I do. Who cares? I don't have to look down and see the hammer of my pistol 'cause of my done lopped belly keeps it in the shadows.

But seriously. You have gotten a really nice pistol! Well done.

once also carried kahr and other striker fired guns and still say no striker fire can compare to the 938 it's in a class if it's own for the size.
Having owned the P938, Kahr MK40 and now Kimber Micro 9; I'd take either of the latter over the P938. If the Kahr was just less blocky, it would be my preferred choice, whether in 9 or 40. Though it is a bit larger in all dimensions, I am really liking my CZ 9mm RAMI that can hold 10 or 14 with extended mag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top