JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 938 seems solid, it's a tiny pistol with the regular flush mag in it, whilst still having a chunky, grippy handle to keep hold of, my Wife likes hers.

In any case I was going to order me a N82 IWB holster for the little guy and see what it's like to sport around.

Anything I should consider?
maybe a holster with a full combat grip? Its a tiny gun and acquiring a grip will be its only real compromise to its larger counterparts.

IMG_2527-small.jpg
CrossBreed® Mini Appendix Holster

Have the p938 for me and the p238 for the lady.i really like it for times clothes don't allow for 1911 with a 10 rounder.or if I don't want all that weight on me that day.i really like it.have the hogue grips on it now and they feel good to me.i can't get as accurate with it as far out as I can with my 1911 but when I carry I don't plan on having to make as far of shots.

IMG_0923.JPG

I had one. Good little pistol, albeit a bit jumpy due to the size and caliber. I've been seriously considering another one.....

My Wife got hers when i was in my 'detail strip everything i have' phase, and i was going to polish the sear etc, but of everything i'd pulled to pieces, the sear edge on the 938 was like nothing else.
It was so sharp and crisp, nothing needed touching, at least with my skills.

when you buy spare 7rd mags make certain it has 2 tabs on the plastic base pad, instead of 1.

go easy on the 7rders when you perform administrative loads and practicing malfunction and emergency reloads. The tabs are weak, a poor design and shear off causing a failure to seat the mag when the base pad slips up the mag body.

Selection_001_20170308_21:47:17.jpg
even the "stronger" one on the right is showing shears of plastic. Go easy on these mags

I know a lot of folks really like the Houge grips but they add a lot of girth to a very slim gun designed for pocket carry too which being 9mm prints just that much more than the 380... maybe consider buying stock grip panels? Up to you. I like the versatility of the 938 you can carry AWB, IWB then if conditions warrant switch to a pocket holster with a 6rd mag.

never had the safety come off with pocket carry, but did one time with IWB carry... my thought was maybe the cars seatbelt latch on the ambi safety. I also had that happen 1 time with an ambi safety 1911. Never had it happen again but am cautious now about ambi safeties and never had it happen in 20 years with a single safety 1911.

cant emphasize enough, start training. The safety comes off as you "clear leather" (or kydex). Gotta have that muscle memory

Those sights make that gun shoot like a bigger counterpart. Very accurate and smooth for such a small package it truly is one of the most versatile carry pieces ever made. Enjoy.

At the end of the day. It was normal for me to discover I had been carrying ''cocked and unlocked''.
Still. My holster choice made it at least as safe as a Glock.

And yes. After 15 years carrying the Glock. I still swipe off the safety when drawing and firing under stress. :D

''No harm. No foul'' with a Glock.
But Really bad if you decide to carry a 1911. ''Don't swipe the safety'' and need it in a hurry! :rolleyes:

That's a nice piece. It's high up on my wants list. I would like to see how accurate those little buggers are. Sig claims ,something like, they're as accurate as a full-sized pistols. I have held them and the amby safety hit my index finger on the right. Easy fix. Like your grips and color as well. Congrats ! Way to go Idaho !

It takes me a minute to get used to cocked and locked after carrying other pistols. But it's just as safe or safer than any of the others. It's just seeing that hammer back. To me anyway.

Last Edited:
Drool...
I was fondling one at Northwest Shooting Sports in Salem. Much smaller than my Kimber CDP, bigger than the Kimber Micro, smaller than a Bersa Thunder. Only got 3 fingers on the grip, and it was comfortable. If I find I want a smaller carry piece, that would be it.

At the end of the day. It was normal for me to discover I had been carrying ''cocked and unlocked''.
Still. My holster choice made it at least as safe as a Glock.

And yes. After 15 years carrying the Glock. I still swipe off the safety when drawing and firing under stress. :D

''No harm. No foul'' with a Glock.
But Really bad if you decide to carry a 1911. ''Don't swipe the safety'' and need it in a hurry! :rolleyes:
Glocks pair well with Colt Double Eagles, no need to worry about swiping safeties :D

My wife really like's her P938 SAS model. She put through about 325 rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass and about 40 rounds of Hornady 115gr Critical Defense rounds which are her carry rounds. No problems with feeding, stove-piping or extracting.

Be advised, the guide rod is a two piece affair and some have reported the rod part coming out the front end undetectable during firing. Only after breaking it down do you notice. Apparently you can still fire it, but you will not be able to reassemble it. IF that happens, Sig will supposedly send you a new guide rod and spring no charge.

So, if you break it completely down, check the guide rod. May want to take it apart lock-tight it even if it is not loose. Anyhow, just something to think about and deal with accordingly.

Other than that, it's a sweet gun.

You'll live it I carry one as well and it beats the striker fired guns hands down. It's so easy to shoot has great sights great trigger and fits my hand great with the 7 round mags

20170129_053841.jpg

I recently purchased a P938 and I like the 1911 similarities. It doesn't take long for the muscle memory to develop so that the safety comes off upon drawing. Practice, practice. In fact, I was showing another man my pistol at the range and my safety came off (due to muscle memory) when it wasn't necessary, he flinched, I quickly returned it to safe.

New, the pistol comes with a plastic OWB holster and I have since bought a pocket holster (from Sig) and a belly band type IWB with kydex holster. I was amazed how comfortable the IWB was and the OWB holster Sig provided was OK, but didn't feel as secure as I would like. I plan on getting an excellent OWB as soon as I am convinced the Sig is my daily carry.

I did have trouble with the pistol not running properly and Sig will be replacing it with another new one, which I will run extensively until I feel it is reliable.

Stay safe and Have Fun

I had my doubts about carrying my Kimber 1911 cocked, so I carried it with no round in the chamber (Condition 3) for half a year. Not once did the safety slip off unless I did it on purpose, so I started carrying it cocked. That was many years ago and have had zero issues. The ONE time I had the safety come off was when I stuffed it in my jeans pocket for a quick trip to the mailbox. No damage done, but it was a shock to pull it out and see the safety was off. Now I know NEVER to carry unless in a holster. If you're really nervous, get a holster with a retention strap that will wrap between the hammer and the firing pin. With some practice, the retention strap adds only a couple hundredths of a second to your draw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top