JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0495.JPG

I have wanted one of these for a while and saw this guy at the pawn shop today so I picked it up.

Now that I have it I realized I have never carried any auto but striker fired plastic fantastics.

I know it's common practice but I have kind of a weird mental issue with seeing that hammer cocked while it's stuffed in my belt. (I'm sure I'll get over it)

In any case I was going to order me a N82 IWB holster for the little guy and see what it's like to sport around.

Anything I should consider?

I don't have any experience with striker fired pistols so I'm not sure how different they are to shoot, as compared to normal guns...
....but, you want to hold it with the business end of the barrel pointing the other way from how you're holding it in the picture. ;)

(Oh yeah, I'm loving' that Sig)

Looks great. Can you actually get all of your fingers on the grip?

Well, kind of? It actually is not bad, but I do have to scrunch up my pinky a bit.

The thing is itty though, it's smaller than my 9mm Shield by quite a bit and still holds 8+1

I am hoping this weekend I'll get to put a few hundred rounds though it and I'll have a lot better idea how practical it is

Anything I should consider?

I know a lot of folks really like the Houge grips but they add a lot of girth to a very slim gun designed for pocket carry too which being 9mm prints just that much more than the 380... maybe consider buying stock grip panels? Up to you. I like the versatility of the 938 you can carry AWB, IWB then if conditions warrant switch to a pocket holster with a 6rd mag.

never had the safety come off with pocket carry, but did one time with IWB carry... my thought was maybe the cars seatbelt latch on the ambi safety. I also had that happen 1 time with an ambi safety 1911. Never had it happen again but am cautious now about ambi safeties and never had it happen in 20 years with a single safety 1911.

Now that I have it I realized I have never carried any auto but striker fired plastic fantastics.
cant emphasize enough, start training. The safety comes off as you "clear leather" (or kydex). Gotta have that muscle memory

Those sights make that gun shoot like a bigger counterpart. Very accurate and smooth for such a small package it truly is one of the most versatile carry pieces ever made. Enjoy.

I know a lot of folks really like the Houge grips but they add a lot of girth to a very slim gun designed for pocket carry too which being 9mm prints just that much more than the 380... maybe consider buying stock grip panels? Up to you. I like the versatility of the 938 you can carry AWB, IWB then if conditions warrant switch to a pocket holster with a 6rd mag.

never had the safety come off with pocket carry, but did one time with IWB carry... my thought was maybe the cars seatbelt latch on the ambi safety. I also had that happen 1 time with an ambi safety 1911. Never had it happen again but am cautious now about ambi safeties and never had it happen in 20 years with a single safety 1911.

cant emphasize enough, start training. The safety comes off as you "clear leather" (or kydex). Gotta have that muscle memory

Those sights make that gun shoot like a bigger counterpart. Very accurate and smooth for such a small package it truly is one of the most versatile carry pieces ever made. Enjoy.

This was new and it came with the Houge grips, I am on the fence about if I like them or not. I can see that they make for a more positive hold than you would get with the slabs but they do chunky it up.

I do think I'll look around for another set but probably not get rid of these

Fired a friends earlier today & those are NICE, good on ya! Very well made & good shooters. Just bought it over the weekend at the Albany show.

He uses a two handed grip, kinda like a revolver grip (? I think ?), with his off hand thumb way out. 2 fingers on the grip of his on hand and the off to stabilize.

I really like the P938. Sig offers lots of different styles to suit your taste, which is nice.

I bought my wife a P238 (.380 acp) for Christmas, and I gotta be honest, I go back and forth between a P238 for personal carry when my 1911 won't fit, or a P938.

On the one hand, a P238 simplifies our ammo needs (.45 for my 1911's, and .380 for our pocket pistols vs. .45, 9mm and .380).

On the other hand, it's only .380.

Gonna give it some thought for a couple months.

This was new and it came with the Houge grips, I am on the fence about if I like them or not. I can see that they make for a more positive hold than you would get with the slabs but they do chunky it up.

I do think I'll look around for another set but probably not get rid of these
since you mention that yours is new... mine (when new) took about 200 rds to break in with hollowpoints. I would get regular FTF jams... This little Sig is the only gun I know of that needed to "break in". I wasnt happy about it but it seems to have settled down. Sig 938 failure to feed tips? - The Firing Line Forums

since you mention that yours is new... mine (when new) took about 200 rds to break in with hollowpoints. I would get regular FTF jams... This little Sig is the only gun I know of that needed to "break in". I wasnt happy about it but it seems to have settled down. Sig 938 failure to feed tips? - The Firing Line Forums
edit to add:
..although I have not tried that many different brands of hollowpoints due to cost...

Nice score! Being new to the style, as Koda said, practice, practice, practice... Snapping that safety off as you clear (leather, kydex, nylon...), until it becomes natural.

Sig and Kimber figured out real sights on pocket guns makes them more useful... And accurate... Go figure...

Sig and Kimber figured out real sights on pocket guns makes them more useful... And accurate... Go figure...
exactly. this is the ticket to this kind of gun. The 938 points and aims naturally with those sights like a full size. The sights doesnt hinder the draw at all. win win.

Just a little polishing of the feed ramp will do wonders for feeding hollow points. A little Flitz or Mothers aluminum polish on a felt wheel, get a nice shine in that feed ramp, makes a world of difference...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top