JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently purchased a P938 and I like the 1911 similarities. It doesn't take long for the muscle memory to develop so that the safety comes off upon drawing. Practice, practice. In fact, I was showing another man my pistol at the range and my safety came off (due to muscle memory) when it wasn't necessary, he flinched, I quickly returned it to safe.

New, the pistol comes with a plastic OWB holster and I have since bought a pocket holster (from Sig) and a belly band type IWB with kydex holster. I was amazed how comfortable the IWB was and the OWB holster Sig provided was OK, but didn't feel as secure as I would like. I plan on getting an excellent OWB as soon as I am convinced the Sig is my daily carry.

I did have trouble with the pistol not running properly and Sig will be replacing it with another new one, which I will run extensively until I feel it is reliable.

Stay safe and Have Fun

What kind of issues are you having?

I loves me my p938 148952967570158486146.jpg 148952967570158486146.jpg 1489529751675-1009979745.jpg

some pre dec 2013 p938s had issues the new ones not so much. mine was flawless for the first year I had it then I started developing failure to extract sent it into sig and told them it was jamming with 115 and 124g. they replaced the main spring housing the mag release recoil spring and slide release extractor and ejector. quick turn around and easy to deal with though they did forget to install a new truglo tfo so I had to send the slide back but they replaced it and sent me an extra mag. gun is flawless again.

View attachment 347772

I have wanted one of these for a while and saw this guy at the pawn shop today so I picked it up.

Now that I have it I realized I have never carried any auto but striker fired plastic fantastics.

I know it's common practice but I have kind of a weird mental issue with seeing that hammer cocked while it's stuffed in my belt. (I'm sure I'll get over it)

In any case I was going to order me a N82 IWB holster for the little guy and see what it's like to sport around.

Anything I should consider?
View attachment 347772

I have wanted one of these for a while and saw this guy at the pawn shop today so I picked it up.

Now that I have it I realized I have never carried any auto but striker fired plastic fantastics.

I know it's common practice but I have kind of a weird mental issue with seeing that hammer cocked while it's stuffed in my belt. (I'm sure I'll get over it)

In any case I was going to order me a N82 IWB holster for the little guy and see what it's like to sport around.

Anything I should consider?

Nice, just bought one from a friend. Got my wife one she asked for for her birthday.

Couple suggestions from training others:
If you notice your group spreads out when you try craming your little finger on the mag extension, just let the little finger hang like using a demunitive tea cup. It will help you close that group up. Plus, there was a post earlier on the concept of releasing the safety as soon as you break leather.

We dont teach that anymore. Currently in "use of force training" we teach, safety off in the process of shooting. If when you draw, you have already made the decission to shoot, releasing the safety as you allign the barrel (body position/point shooting) or as you extend your gripped firearm toward your threat and aligning your sights, (for sighted shooting) releasing the safety as you place your finger on the trigger when your sights are combat alligned.....

In a single action firearm, or double /single, you will want to either put the safety back on or decock in the case of a double/single once you are no longer pressing the trigger and actively shooting the threat. This goes a long way to avoid unintentional discharges. You have to remember in use of force events, you are reaponsible for each and every bullet that leaves your firearm.

Hope this helps.

I bought a 938 a few yrs ago and after carrying it for a yr or so decided to sell it and buy something else. 7-8 months later I was trading the new one for another 938. I've had nary a hitch with either. No worries about carrying in condition one as both of them have a definite audible click when releasing the safety, more so than any 1911 I've carried. I definitely recommend a pocket holster for pocket carry though. I use a DeSantis Nemesis which fits both the 938 and my Mustang. I carry it with a 6 rd mag and a couple 7's as spares. Sig mags even these teeny ones are expensive but I've had good luck finding extras in the Sig Talk classifieds.

I usually carry my 320 in cooler weather but nothing beats the 938 for summer carry! I use a Stealthgear Onyx holster. One thing I've done with both of mine before even firing them was racking the slide and dry firing it a couple hundreds times while watching TV. It really smooths and lightens up both the trigger and the slide. It almost got me divorced though and I'm not even married. She said if we were though....:D

Last Edited:
P938, I admired this firearm for maybe a year or so before I finally laid the money down and picked up the SAS version (about 2 years ago). Then I proceeded to acquire the extended mags and upgraded to the Hogue recoil absorbing grips. Yes I thought it was the best thing since . . . and then after the 2nd outing (after about 200 rounds at that point) something seemed strange when I was lining up the sights. WOW!, the front tritium sight tube was gone.No where to be found at the range. So I called Sig and they told me to send in slide and they would replace the sights. I was kind of annoyed as they did not offer to send a paid shipping label until I asked them to. Probably after about 500 - 600 rounds, at the range one day and the recoil rod pops out at the range! Someone else wrote about this unusual quirk.I've tightened it up using vice grips with cloth around the pieces and it still unscrews about 1/8" after the slide is racked about 200-300 times. Guess Loctite is the only answer, or . . . . on Black Friday this past year I picked up a relatively new competitor. The Kimber Micro 9 CSE (Cabela's Special Edition). Roughly the same size, same capacity, Micro 9 has longer sight radius and the CSE comes with very grippy G10 grip panels. Price is very similar, depending which model you buy; just like with the P938. I've taken them both out to the range 3 x's now, annnnnnnnd I am more accurate with the Micro 9 even though I've shot it nowhere near as much as the P938. The P938 trigger on this last outing seems to have gained about 8 lbs extra. Not sure what is up with that, but I've never seen anything like it. It almost seems like it isn't going to pull through and then it finally breaks. I think something may have, broke that is. All can say is best of luck to you; hope you don't experience the things I have and am.

wow don't hear too many people with that many problems. when I had to send mine back sig did say they only pay shipping up to a year of owning the firearm after thatvyou have to pay.

I replaced The plastic trigger with a metal flat trigger and the plastic mainspring housing with a checkered Houge aluminum version. Now its all metal except the houge rubber grips.
These have a known extractor issue, mine is chipped but still fuctions just fine.

One more note of interest, Sig recommends replacing the recoil spring after/around 1500 rounds. So it might be worth having an extra on hand for people who shoot theirs a lot. Possibly replace all the springs at that time?

Great pistol,

I have the "Extreme" version and I have to say that it's .5% as poppy as the kimber solo, lower case on purpose. I carry mine in an ankle holster, typically as a backup. I also purchased a pocket holster and you'd never know I was sporting a 9mm. Either way, I feel very protected carrying it. I like your color scheme, it looks like it's right off the front line. Do you have any other guns in the FDE scheme?

I hope you enjoy the reliablity as much as it's great looks.

Can't help myself. ;-)

The gray G10 looks better on the FDE in real life than it does the pic.

I think both holsters were good choices

In the N82 rig I can't see a reason to not carry the 7 rd mag

IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

re; what holster....

From The Holster Store, very good product at a very reasonable price. Also versatile with IWB either at 3:00 or appendix. I use it in a 5.11 go bag too.

I'm curious about the holster that has some numbers stamped on the clip. The pix are from Dstreser up near the top.

I thought the grey grips were too busy, but they make it complicated in a distinguished way.

So considering about everyone in this thread is a 938 owner, thought this would be a good spot to ask. I've had it for about a year now and love it. I shoot so much better with it than I even did with my 229.. Anyway, question regarding chambering a round.. When I get home I always pop the mag out and unload the gun. Thing is, almost every time I do, the next round in line falls out of the magwell as soon as I eject the mag and if it doesn't, it's hanging on by a thread. It's like when I chamber one, the friction from the round going in slides that second round out of the mag a ways or maybe it's the ejector? Never had a FTF with it, feeds great. Only this which may be a non issue, but never had another gun do it before. Let me know if this is a common thing, if I'm stupid or if I should be calling Sig. Thanks!

Sorry for the thread-jack but it seemed to be about over anyway ;)

Test it by knocking half the rounds out of the mag and performing the same test, i think my Wife's also does this.

PS, why are you unloading it? It'll just wear things out faster than leaving it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top