JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[
Ahh...but you should care. Why? Because he's the head a$$wipe behind I-1639 and Everytown for gun safety. The moment you let your guard down is when you get sucker-punched. Personally, I want to know what he's doing so I can get ahead of his bee S.

Dan

He's nothing but an over-monied bafoon that couldn't find his bubblegum with both hands if you gave him written instructions and a diagram. Sure, he's an anti gun crusader with lots of money to throw around to further his cause, but he certainly isn't the only one. To my mind it's no different than watching the fat naughty kid standing next to a cookie jar. You keep an eye on them and warn them when they reach for the lid.
He's certainly nothing that I'd invest the effort of getting all up in arms about.

View attachment 647874

When you're a kid, the bad guy on cartoons was always an overdone caricature. Once you grew up, you realized that real bad guys don't usually tell you with a sneaky black top hat and a hunched over back that they're the one to watch out for.
But weasel-face Bloomberg doesn't just look like the bad guy, he says things right to your face that scream: I AM THE BAD GUY.
Case in point: Bloomberg did this interview last Thursday where the reporter asked his opinion of the shooting at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Tx. You know, the one where the hero was a 71-year-old man who took down a murderous lunatic in less than 3 seconds with armed backup from five other Texans with guns.
A person who has lived his whole life as a wealthy politician does not deserve to speak for the majority of American people who built this country. He couldn't possibly be any less representative of any of us.

[

He's nothing but an over-monied bafoon that couldn't find his bubblegum with both hands if you gave him written instructions and a diagram. Sure, he's an anti gun crusader with lots of money to throw around to further his cause, but he certainly isn't the only one. To my mind it's no different than watching the fat naughty kid standing next to a cookie jar. You keep an eye on them and warn them when they reach for the lid.
He's certainly nothing that I'd invest the effort of getting all up in arms about.

The thing is, he's done, and continues to do real damage to our rights. For instance he had a major hand in passing universal BGC's in Washington and Oregon. He's also who helped buy the election for the Dems in Virginia, creating that whole mess of a situation. He's much more dangerous than most give him credit for.

The thing is, he's done, and continues to do real damage to our rights. For instance he had a major hand in passing universal BGC's in Washington and Oregon. He's also who helped buy the election for the Dems in Virginia, creating that whole mess of a situation. He's much more dangerous than most give him credit for.

Did you avail yourself of any of those opportunities to reach and "slap" his hand?
I did. And maybe if more people did the same he would start to understand that there is a sizeable contingent in this country that isn't going to quietly let him have his way.

Maybe it's me getting old and cranky, but I'm just as tired of the pro gun folks that spend their energy bubbleguming about so-and-so or such-and-such instead of doing something about it.

A person who has lived his whole life as a wealthy politician does not deserve to speak for the majority of American people who built this country. He couldn't possibly be any less representative of any of us.

Well, okay. But it's very inaccurate to say that Bloomberg has lived his whole life as a politician.

Bloomberg grew up in Medford, Massachusetts and attended Johns Hopkins University and Harvard Business School. He began his career at the securities brokerage Salomon Brothers, before forming his own company in 1981 and spending the next twenty years as its chairman and CEO. He is the co-founder, CEO, and majority owner of Bloomberg L.P., a global financial services, software and mass media company that bears his name, and is known for its Bloomberg Terminal, a computer software system providing financial data widely used in the global financial services industry. As of November 2019, this made him the 9th richest person in the United States and the 14th richest person in the world; his net worth was estimated at $58 billion.

Bloomberg served as the 108th mayor of New York City, holding office for three consecutive terms, beginning his first in 2002.

Sooooo, he didn't take public office until 2002. Many years after he started his career in the stock market. Unlike Obama, Bernie, and Biden, all of whom have never had a real job.

Let's not forget that he is also the creator of Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg News, etc. Think of him as our native born Soros rather than only as a politician.

Last Edited:
Did you avail yourself of any of those opportunities to reach and "slap" his hand?
I did. And maybe if more people did the same he would start to understand that there is a sizeable contingent in this country that isn't going to quietly let him have his way.

Maybe it's me getting old and cranky, but I'm just as tired of the pro gun folks that spend their energy bubbleguming about so-and-so or such-and-such instead of doing something about it.

Meaning what exactly? Did I vote against Bloomberg-bought candidates? You bet, every single time. Did I write to my representatives expressing my concerns? Also yes. Have a given money to organizations (such as the OFF) that oppose his agenda. Yes, that too. Have I attended pro-gun-rights public gatherings? That too. Pretty much every legal means available. Maybe there are those who haven't and should, but will they if they're told "ehh don't worry about him, he's just a monied buffoon."?

Meaning what exactly? Did I vote against Bloomberg-bought candidates? You bet, every single time. Did I write to my representatives expressing my concerns? Also yes. Have a given money to organizations (such as the OFF) that oppose his agenda. Yes, that too. Have I attended pro-gun-rights public gatherings? That too. Pretty much every legal means available. Maybe there are those who haven't and should, but will they if they're told "ehh don't worry about him, he's just a monied buffoon."?

Excellent. Good to know that you're very active in working to turn the tide.

In regards to not worrying about Bloomberg, I've never been one to worry about anything I'm powerless to change. I personally could no more change his course than I could push the iceberg out from in front of the Titanic. In those instances, I recognize and assess the threat then make whatever preparations and plans I can to mitigate it's impact. In the specific case of Bloomberg, when his anti gun shenanigans come to my attention, I fire off a brief letter outlining my objections and send it via snail mail to:
Bloomberg Philanthropies
ATTN: Michael Bloomberg
25 East 78th Street
New York, NY 10075
PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

Does he ever actually see them? I have no idea, but it's what I can do...

Last Edited:

Well, there it is. His mouth is actually moving to the words in that link. I never had any doubts he is evil incarnate, I'm just leery of crazy sounding things without proof they are real. It doesn't matter which side the news comes from. Both are worthy of close scrutiny as far as I'm concerned.

This is the one I saw where the words don't seem to match the mouth. See above...^^^

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top