JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever daydream about a totally impractical, never going to happen (mechanically, legally, or whatever), firearm, because, well, routine work, boredom, or good old mental masturbation? If so, do share!

A few that crossed my mind today whilst running systems tests on this dreary December day:

Number One
Picture a Lewis gun. Now shrink it down to carbine size and chamber it in .44 Magnum. Replace the cooling jacket with an integrated silencer. Retain the pan feed mechanism so it will run with rimmed cartridges.

Number Two
Picture a Mauser M712 Schnellfeuer. Now make it modern, stainless steel, in .357 Sig, with a 32-round magazine, and gorgeous wood furniture.

Number Three
A lever-action 40㎜ grenade launcher. Because, well, the mental image.

Number Four
A lever-action rifle chambered in something .50 that doesn't cost an insane amount of money. OK, that one was a bridge too far. :s0140:

How 'bout you wacky friends?

Lever action 5.56 with AR mag that doesn't look horrendous?
:s0001:

Ambidextrous Side feed/eject PCC with wood and blued steel chambered in 10mm or 5.7 FN and doesn't cost an arm and leg :rolleyes:

A M1C clone in 5.7 FN; probably has to be beefed up chamber and bolt due to pressures

Over/under .45-70 over 20ga combo gun thats not in the thousands of dollars

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
M41A Pulse rifle
E-11 Blaster Rifle
Morita MK I
Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator

A modern, full sized (really full), break-action, revolver in .577-caliber à la the Bland:

19011096_1_lg.jpg

The .44 Magnum is great for questioning punks on their degree of luck, but a .577 dispenses with any such intellectual inquiry. :p

A Hotchkiss revolving cannon.

As seen here, essentially it's a cannon sized magazine fed Gatling gun....this is my #1 bucket list gun.

Ever daydream about a totally impractical, never going to happen (mechanically, legally, or whatever), firearm, because, well, routine work, boredom, or good old mental masturbation? If so, do share!

A few that crossed my mind today whilst running systems tests on this dreary December day:

Number One
Picture a Lewis gun. Now shrink it down to carbine size and chamber it in .44 Magnum. Replace the cooling jacket with an integrated silencer. Retain the pan feed mechanism so it will run with rimmed cartridges.

. :s0140:

How 'bout you wacky friends?

Oh man, now that one would be a fantasy alright! Man would that thing make for some fun times at the range!!!

Oh man, now that one would be a fantasy alright! Man would that thing make for some fun times at the range!!!

Truth be told, I'm kinda bored with most guns these days. Oh, there's a submachine-gun coming once Los Federales finally approve the first step in the antics, and that will be good fun for both me and the woman. Until, well, enjoy as one can and day dream. It is all good friends, because the journey is such a delight. :s0155:

This is one of the coolest movie guns, and I'm not sure why. Surely there's many many more that are more powerful. Or really cool. But the Blade Runner handgun carried by Rick Deckard has fascinated me since I was a kid. It's built on a Rossi Bulldog .44 frame, with a .22 rifle bolt action on top. It's huge and heavy and completely impractical, and presumably MUST fire some futuristic cartridges. I cannot imagine why you'd bother with a single bold action firing out of a 1-2" "barrel" on top of that contraption. Or the massive framed gun holding so few rounds. But it is really really cool ...

The original prop sold recently at auction for * cough cough * $270,000...

BladeRunner1982Blaster01.jpg

2100_ent_bladerunner_0622.jpg

A few other fun cinema guns include:

* Ole' painless, from Predator. The portable mini gun carried mainly by Blain, played by Jesse Ventura. maxresdefault.jpg
* The heavy machine or plasma gun fired by the Terminator infiltrator in the underground bunker, during Reese's nightmare in T1.
latest?cb=20080407163153.jpg

* The plasma rifles seen carried by the Terminators in T1 or T2 in the futuristic scenes. 10499899_2.jpg

* Aliens space Marines weapons, 10mm caseless AP rounds with grenade launcher. b5ccca5be5036b0fb983f81bac56d1fe.jpg

* Aliens M56 smart gun carried by space Marines Vasquez and Drake. 01AHC10_Aliens-Smartgun_01.jpg

S_p6x8EjQzTgucLtPaVNO4sQQQlKQP0jSuwFqTAIDpqSuZacIJ.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class