JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
REASON from Snow Crash: Chapter 82_雪崩 Snow Crash_英文科幻小说

Fisheye is up on his knees now and has torn away the canopy and space blanket that have covered him until this point. In one hand he is holding a long device a couple of inches in diameter, which is the source of the whirring noise. It is a circular bundle of parallel tubes about pencil-sized and a couple of feet long, like a miniaturized Gatling gun. It whirs around so quickly that the individual tubes are difficult to make out; when it is operating, it is in fact ghostly and transparent because of this rapid motion, a glittering, translucent cloud jutting out of Fisheye's arm. The device is attached to a wrist-thick bundle of black tubes and cables that snake down into the large suitcase, which lies open on the bottom of the raft. The suitcase has a built-in color monitor screen with graphics giving information about the status of this weapons system: how much ammo is left, the status of various subsystems. Hiro just gets a quick glimpse at it before all of the ammunition on board Bruce Lee's ship begins to explode.

"See, I told you they'd listen to Reason," Fisheye says, shutting down the whirling gun.

Now Hiro sees a nameplate tacked onto the control panel.

REASON
version 1.0B7
Gatling-type 3mm hypervelocity railgun system
Ng Security Industries, Inc.
PRERELEASE VERSION -- NOT FOR FIELD USE
DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
- ULTIMA RATIO REGUM -

And there's this, sorta but not really REASON:

Ever daydream about a totally impractical, never going to happen (mechanically, legally, or whatever), firearm, because, well, routine work, boredom, or good old mental masturbation? If so, do share!
So half the country wouldn't melt away. Hey, I care about my fellow citizens subjects...o_O

Peacekeeper.JPG

Last Edited:
How about something not-so-bizarre?

I'd like a Smith & Wesson Model 351C but with an 8-round capacity, no lawyer-lock, and no MIM parts. (In fact, just dump the L-L & MIM on ALL your firearms, S&W!)
Alternately, a 10-round Model 617 in .22 Mag., but with an Airweight frame, bobbed hammer, and 2" barrel would only be slightly larger overall.

I used to own a S&W 442 and I loved the size of it. Always thought that 8 rounds of .22 Mag in a lightweight snubby would make a nice low-recoil BUG.

You know, something like the Taurus 942... but well made.

Though the house is still, I cannot sleep. (Combination of insomnia, old injuries flaring, and another day of blizzard of technical issues.) So wackiness mused upon long ago:

Imagine an M203, shrunk way down, chambered for the Aquila 12-gauge mini-shells, and mounted under a full-sized, .45 ACP or 10㎜ automatic pistol. For breaching or interpersonal issues. Sort of a LeMat, circa 2021. (giggle)

Though the house is still, I cannot sleep. (Combination of insomnia, old injuries flaring, and another day of blizzard of technical issues.) So wackiness mused upon long ago:

Imagine an M203, shrunk way down, chambered for the Aquila 12-gauge mini-shells, and mounted under a full-sized, .45 ACP or 10㎜ automatic pistol. For breaching or interpersonal issues. Sort of a LeMat, circa 2021. (giggle)
Close... on an AR
By Ten-X, TX12 under barrel single shot shotgun with 10.5" barrel
I think theres a newer better looking version but TTAG blog wont let me click pictures.

tx_12_shotgun-tfb.jpg

Imagine a Webley-Fosbery, now scale it up, made in stainless steel, and chambered in .30⧸30 WCF. Semi-auto, revolver, Thirty-Thirty; together at last! :p

Super-duper small, Mauser-action in 5.7㎜. The 21 Century version of the Destroyer carbine produced in 9㎜ Largo.
5.7 Johnson?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top