JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The fact that at Christmas time the local post office is still only staffed with one individual, despite there being three stations. If you have a package to pickup you will be a waiting a very long time indeed. :rolleyes:

Overly long posts that morph into freakin essays...

Brevity is the soul of...getting your damn point across without becoming Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

Perhaps, it's just my 'grumpy old man syndrome', but I just can't be bothered to read an essay on a gun forum.

Dread locks on white guys.

Talk about dopey looking...ugh!

I think dread locks on any one.....There has to be a smell under that big pile of matted human hair under that wool cap in summer. And bugs... looks like a good place for bugs to hide out. Ich.
1577031662550.png

1. "Percentages" as used by the media and politicians:
They will tout horrendous goings on, or immediate need for money by saying things have increased by some ambiguous percentage increase without stating the actual quantities;
Homicide up 100 %!!!
But if there are a million people in the city and last year there was just one gun related death, 100% is two! (example, not trivializing the seriousness of death) Not exactly an crime wave, especially considering one bled to death from picking his nose, but he also owned a gun. I am miffed at the loss of opportunity to make up my own mind using the real data.
I automatically discount the validity of any report based on percentages which are deficient of actual quantity numbers that put it in perspective.
Having heard such repeated reports from peers and co workers I sadly realize I'm in the minority when it comes to face value acceptance of percentages.

2. "A lot of people are saying" :
Most of the time, at least initially, I believe there was only one, the person doing the talking trying to increase the weight of their Opine.
When I demand to know just who is doing the all the talking, things become awfully quiet.

Weather forecasts, esp long range forecasts.

My wife rechecking her smartphone every five minutes to see if the weather forecast has changed.

Popular/trendy sayings and words

Changing "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"

Anything promoting anthropomorphic "Climate Change"

The U.N.

Greta Thunberg

Greta Thunberg being named Person Of The Year

Neighbors cats crapping in my yard

Neighbor millenials moving an entire family in with them

Neighbor's guests speeding in neighborhood and not stopping at stop signs

People parking their cars at night with their headlights endlessly shining into my LV room windows

Fireworks booming the next street over when it's not July 4th or New Years

Walmart self check registers

Oregon plastic bag ban

FacePhuck Fact Checkers

Anything Twitter

TV/radio news

DSL

Arthritis

Self help sayings on FB

Endlessly cheerful people

TV episodes that end in "To Be Continued"

................................................................................................. To be continued

Weather forecasts, esp long range forecasts.

My wife rechecking her smartphone every five minutes to see if the weather forecast has changed.

Popular/trendy sayings and words

Changing "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"

Anything promoting anthropomorphic "Climate Change"

The U.N.

Greta Thunberg

Greta Thunberg being named Person Of The Year

Neighbors cats crapping in my yard

Neighbor millenials moving an entire family in with them

Neighbor's guests speeding in neighborhood and not stopping at stop signs

People parking their cars at night with their headlights endlessly shining into my LV room windows

Fireworks booming the next street over when it's not July 4th or New Years

Walmart self check registers

Oregon plastic bag ban

FacePhuck Fact Checkers

Anything Twitter

TV/radio news

DSL

Arthritis

Self help sayings on FB

Endlessly cheerful people

TV episodes that end in "To Be Continued"

................................................................................................. To be continued
D9F919BA-75AC-4547-B887-5B8828C08311.gif

Time-wasters in particular chats who can't seem to get the hint, particularly when 90% of the brain-dead inquires could be answered by looking at the screen in front of them. Just permanently blocked a total idiot from Portlandia (shocking, I know). Sweet Jesus, we're launching satellites into space and you are inquiring about what makes a car go. :rolleyes:

Shopping this time of year.

Full-size trucks that can't park between two lines in a parking lot or parking lots that were lined without considering the struggles of the full size truck.

Reading the same post over and over and over again ... each time in a new post. Like you all can't be bothered to look thru 300+ pages of previous posts and not duplicate the effort.

Last Edited:
Time-wasters in particular chats who can't seem to get the hint, particularly when 90% of the brain-dead inquires could be answered by looking at the screen in front of them. Just permanently blocked a total idiot from Portlandia (shocking, I know). Sweet Jesus, we're launching satellites into space and you are inquiring about what makes a car go. :rolleyes:

Elgin OR PD office...

Dispatch: "Help, my base station radio won't work! It's dead!! There's no lights or anything!!!"

Me: "Did you make sure it's turned on?"

Dispatch: "Don't be an idiot! Of course it's turned on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: "Did you check to make sure? Please check now... "

Dispatch: "Oh, all right, if you insist. But I don't see how that's going to help. It's supposed to be always on..."

Waiting...

Dispatch: "Oh. Damn it!!!"

Me: <Rolleyes> "Have a nice day... "

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR