JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People who have a Pavlovian response to the improper use of the word "clip". It gets really old. You'd think it was a mortal sin to call a magazine a clip.

People who have a Pavlovian response to the improper use of the word "clip". It gets really old. You'd think it was a mortal sin to call a magazine a clip.

Agreed; I find it annoying too. Yes, magazine is correct, but whatever. Curious, when growing up, my father and every adult I recall called any detachable feeding device a "clip". I didn't hear someone getting huffy about it until the early 1990s.

Trying to remove a wire twist tie that somebody has twisted it twenty times around CCW, when two times CW will do.

Last Edited:
In regards to the never ending is it a Magazine or a Clip...?

I had it ever so lovingly drilled into my brain , by my Drill Sergeants , that a clip , as in stripper clip , loaded a magazine..
So for me , there is a world of difference.

And please spare me the famous picture of the Remington magazines in their original packaging , in which they are labeled clips...
Remington can call 'em clips , if they like...I call 'em magazines.

As for the on going debate ...call 'em what you like....I'll forever call a magazine a magazine ...And just what loads a magazine , a clip....for the rest of ya , Do what thou wilt...:D
Andy
Edit the last bit to make the point more clear.....sigh

Last Edited:
I had it ever so lovingly drilled into my brain , by my Drill Sergeants , that a clip , as in stripper clip , loaded a magazine..
So for me , there is a world of difference.

No offense intended at all, but this is why I called it a Pavlovian response. I've heard this same story many times over; it was beat into me in the service, it's vitally important to call a magazine a magazine, your life depends on it. I understand, in the military nomenclature is important. Clarity for the sake of logistics and effective communications can be vital at times. I get all that. The military drills that kind of life-and-death importance into soldiers, and you don't lose that kind of programming when you get out.

In the civilian world, I just don't see how it's anywhere near as big of a deal as many make it out to be. My grandfather never called a handgun magazine anything other than a clip, and he was a WWII vet.

Again, no offense intended towards anyone, and people who call a magazine a magazine and a clip a clip don't bother me at all (I do myself, most of the time :)). It's the know-it-all gun shop/gun show commandos who berate people for using the wrong word who irritate me. That, and the obligatory long winded explanation of the difference, with photos, any time the subject comes up.

People who run their fog lamps on perfectly clear nights and refuse to dim them for oncoming traffic! Rude, Inconsiderate and illegal. Also totally non enforced by local Traffic officers. Make me wish I had a laser guided on board pellet gun system to remove the lamps from drivers who do not know the proper way to use the fog lamps. That would be FUN! Just kidding of coarse, maybe.

Not really a peeve, more of an amusement.
In the classified sections - When a seller threaten's to just keep his item if it doesn't sell by a certain time or for a certain price. That really, really scares me!

Trying to remove a wire twist tie that somebody has twisted it twenty times around CCW, when two times CW will do.

You forgot the ones that must have been packaged in an opposite universe and were twisted counter clockwise instead of clockwise. :s0153: And so tightly wound you you can't tell which way to twist them!

Don't you know they are 30-round magazine clips? :s0001:

Geeze guys, where have you been? Certianly not with the enlightened fully-semi-automatic assault rifle crowd that's for sure! :rolleyes:

People who run their fog lamps on perfectly clear nights and refuse to dim them for oncoming traffic! Rude, Inconsiderate and illegal. Also totally non enforced by local Traffic officers. Make me wish I had a laser guided on board pellet gun system to remove the lamps from drivers who do not know the proper way to use the fog lamps. That would be FUN! Just kidding of coarse, maybe.

If they're blinding you there driving lights not fogs. Fog lights are low and wide beam not super bright, driving lights are like brights focused narrow and long distance.

People, particularly those that know you have small children and therefore require child care, who give you zero notice on an event. A couple we know in Medford invited us to what would be a very wacky birthday gathering for the gent in their duo, to party with them and other silly friends. Except they texted us today, at like a quarter to four, for a party in a few hours. Yah, letting us know a little over an hour ago, with, mind you, two pequeños, the holiday season, and an hour drive, both directions. Seriously? I really would like to go, but both sitters are out of town due to the holidays, so ... :p

Hello, it is not the end of the decade people!

Year 10, of the decade, ends 12 months from now.

Didn't we learn anything from Prince? (Update: er, MC Hammer - it's Hammer Time )

i_love_the_20s.png

Last Edited:
People passing along "info" about where they are or what they do, when carrying/shooting.

Examples....

when I head to the store to buy more muffler bearings and headlight fluid, and NOT at the anti-2A Walmart/BiMart/Dicks/etc, I always carry my EDC S&W PC429, with polished butter nuts and crisp 2.5 lb trigger pull, full glowing night sites, 35 round magazine loaded with Hellfire, 295gr custom ordered blue tip non-frag rounds staggered with standard blunts, custom blue-green cerakote from Brady Bunch custom guns and hubcaps........ blah blah blah......

Ok, you carry your EDC everywhere you go. :rolleyes:

Or... I went to shooting today and and brought my 24" barreled, snuggle-bug, hug thumper mounted with 8x65 power medium height lapped and lathered sparkly rings, custom engraved stick shift....... along with my Kimber ooh-ahh, stainless spring mounts, and my giddy-up EXTREME EDC back-up, bloopity-blopper with hand rolled ecstasy one-shot, with my favorite brurpoty doodad with ipsty gipsty, and.......

Alright, alright.... you took 3 rifles and 4 pistols..... :rolleyes:

o_O

Rant/pet peeve over.

NEXT......

People passing along "info" about where they are or what they do, when carrying/shooting.

Examples....

when I head to the store to buy more muffler bearings and headlight fluid, and NOT at the anti-2A Walmart/BiMart/Dicks/etc, I always carry my EDC S&W PC429, with polished butter nuts and crisp 2.5 lb trigger pull, full glowing night sites, 35 round magazine loaded with Hellfire, 295gr custom ordered blue tip non-frag rounds staggered with standard blunts, custom blue-green cerakote from Brady Bunch custom guns and hubcaps........ blah blah blah......

Ok, you carry your EDC everywhere you go. :rolleyes:

Or... I went to shooting today and and brought my 24" barreled, snuggle-bug, hug thumper mounted with 8x65 power medium height lapped and lathered sparkly rings, custom engraved stick shift....... along with my Kimber ooh-ahh, stainless spring mounts, and my giddy-up EXTREME EDC back-up, bloopity-blopper with hand rolled ecstasy one-shot, with my favorite brurpoty doodad with ipsty gipsty, and.......

Alright, alright.... you took 3 rifles and 4 pistols..... :rolleyes:

o_O

Rant/pet peeve over.

NEXT......

That right there's some creative writing and I don't care WHO y'ar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top