JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was watching one of my favorite comedians and she does a bit about how chicks look forward to fall and everything that comes with it (expanded wardrobe, pumpkin lattes). Here's the clip for context:

Then I realized, I'm the SAME WAY! I sense the first chilly morning and the turn of the first leaf and I get excited! Flannel shirts, boots, hunting, and.....carry bigger guns! I'm not a fan of small guns, but realize they become necessary during t-shirt and shorts weather. Something is better than nothing, but I'd rather carry a bigger gun. More accurate, more bullets (sometimes), shoot them faster, owb holsters, etc.

Anyone else change it up this time of year?

I'll carry my OZ9 this winter as I can hide it under a hoodie or jacket. I don't exactly "look forward" to weather, attire and EDC change but I do appreciate the options.

The beginning of fall is great, the rest of fall is a gloopy soppin wet mess of dead leaves. Oh right, guns. Always want a big ol revolver in the dark months

Same EDC for me, though I'll more frequently run with my surefire in an OWB bravo concealment holster under a flannel or hoodie.

I'll carry my OZ9 this winter as I can hide it under a hoodie or jacket. I don't exactly "look forward" to weather, attire and EDC change but I do appreciate the options.

Spring and Fall have always been my favorite seasons for various reasons. Used to be the beginning of baseball and then football. Now its fishing and then hunting. Winter is about when I just wish I was anywhere else! Summer is noisy and crowded with all the ferrel children in the neighborhood running around everywhere.

I do like being able to carry a bigger gun during the cooler time of the year.

Spring and Fall have always been my favorite seasons for various reasons. Used to be the beginning of baseball and then football. Now its fishing and then hunting. Winter is about when I just wish I was anywhere else! Summer is noisy and crowded with all the ferrel children in the neighborhood running around everywhere.

I do like being able to carry a bigger gun during the cooler time of the year.

I like fall and winter quite a bit. The rain doesn't bother me much.

Fall is my fav season. Warm days cool nights. Bird hunting season and big game season!!! I start snorting and pawing the ground. My newly planted Autumn Blaze Orange Maple has turned color... love it!!!

Spring... too rainy. Drizzle or pounding rain. I used to enjoy the end of steelhead season, but I got tired of the crowds, standing in the water with ice forming on the rod, and negotiating the slippery rocks.

Summer, some nice, but not when it gets too hot. Fishing ends before August around here, the water gets too warm and the rivers and streams too low. Eagle Creek is an exception, but too many bull trout.

Winter, uh no. Not since I became unable to enjoy winter sports. I'm locked up in the house for months (just like covid) of dingy sky and darkness. Must shovel snow in driveway, walkways, and the patio and grass so the dog can do it's biz. HATE WINTER!!!

I used to switch from an SR9c 9mm to a Para P14.45 for winter, due to people wearing heavy coats you can have a penetration issue or failure to expand, but due to Uncle Arth, I've given away my .45ACP. Hmmmm, maybe I'll switch to the .357.... naw, I want lots of bullets!!!

Last Edited:
I guess, technically, winter doesn't begin until the end of December, but I'm over it buy the end of January. You know I like my trips down south in the winter!

No, he doesn't know about THOSE kind of down-south trips you sickos!

No means yes.

Yup, always love Fall the most, those crisp mornings, and cooler evenings. Hunting season ties in to the end of fishing, and then the holiday season starts!
Always love the first of the apple pressings and those wonderful jugs of Apple Cider you can only find here in the PNW. Firing up the fireplace and and enjoying the warmth and light it brings! The smells of fresh baked goods being made in the kitchen, and skillet fried venison with eggs and cofveve in the mornings!

I haven't switched my carry for the seasons, but did add to it! I made the switch to the full size pistol several years ago, but added a a big .44 magnum to the mix this season, and I still carry a back up boot gun as well, so we will see how it all works out! :D

I guess, technically, winter doesn't begin until the end of December, but I'm over it buy the end of January. You know I like my trips down south in the winter!

No, he doesn't know about THOSE kind of down-south trips you sickos!

You keep your ears warm however you see fit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top