JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I'm sitting in a University Village pizza joint NW of the UW campus 3mo ago, and I'm carrying a p365 in a IWB rig under a shirt. No big deal. Totally invisible with my jacket over the back of the chair.
I'm comfortable until I see a 375lb obese male plop down 10ft away and order a deep dish, for himself of course. His legs are splayed apart, pants tight, and printing though his right front pants pocket is a very large caliber revolver, in plain view of the entire restaurant. He doesn't even have the decency to cover it with a napkin, because he's using it for the oil dripping off his face.
I can see it, other patrons see it, and his waitress sees it. Nobody says anything. I give him the eye, the subtle finger gun sign and drop my napkin over my hand. He reaches down and readjusts it like he's got a dyck itch, and goes on eating. He may have had a permit. God knows he wouldn't be running away from a confrontation. But the whole thing was exceptionally low class. He gives the conscientious CCP user a really bad name.
I hope he reads this and figures something else out, like maybe a jacket and shoulder holster.

Last Edited:
It's funny, I was just thinking; I normally carry a Glock 26 OWB, but if I want deep concealment for summertime, I'll rock my government 1911 IWB. I suppose I could get an IWB for the Glock, but where's the fun in that?

So I'm sitting in a University Village pizza joint NW of the UW campus 3mo ago, and I'm carrying a p365 in a IWB rig under a shirt. No big deal. Totally invisible with my jacket over the back of the chair.
I'm comfortable until I see a 375lb obese male plop down 10ft away and order a deep dish, for himself of course. His legs are splayed apart, pants tight, and printing though his right front pocket is a very large caliber revolver, in plain view of the entire restaurant. He doesn't even have the decency to cover it with a napkin, because he's using it for the oil dripping off his face.
I can see it, other patrons see it, and his waitress sees it. Nobody says anything. I give him the eye, the subtle finger gun sign and drop my napkin over my hand. He reaches down and readjusts it like he's got a dyck itch, and goes on eating. He may have had a permit. God knows he wouldn't be running away from a confrontation. But the whole thing was exceptionally low class. He gives the conscientious CCP user a really bad name.
I hope he reads this and figures something else out, like maybe a jacket and shoulder holster.
So I guess we are body shaming now!?!? Hahaha! I love it when fat guys wear baby gap clothes and try to "conceal" a gun underneath them. 20 pounds of sh!t in a 2 pound bag. They might as well open carry cause they're not hiding anything…..

I'm comfortable until I see a 375lb obese male plop down 10ft away and order a deep dish, for himself of course. His legs are splayed apart, pants tight, and printing though his right front pocket is a very large caliber revolver, in plain view of the entire restaurant. He doesn't even have the decency to cover it with a napkin, because he's using it for the oil dripping off his face.
Guess I'm a litany of terrible person adjectives, because I'd find a 375lb obese man to be more obscene than the revolver that he was carrying concealed.

There's no practical way to conceal a brace of 44s.
1651814792882.jpeg

So I guess we are body shaming now!?!? Hahaha! I love it when fat guys wear baby gap clothes and try to "conceal" a gun underneath them. 20 pounds of sh!t in a 2 pound bag. They might as well open carry cause they're not hiding anything…..
Hardly. I ain't no stick. But there is a limit to good taste and he way crossed that line. At least he wasn't a non passable tranny, so there is that. Seattle. Ugh.

Question pretty much in the subject, obviously we try to minimize printing, but to a point, how much does it matter?

It seems like with the exception of some LE, only people who'd notice and recognize printing are those who carry themselves, so do you really worry about it?

Is there a legal issue with printing? If I want to wear an OWB holster that's pretty flat/tight but my t-shirt catches on the handle a bit, is this really an issue for EDC use you think?

Looking for genuine opinions.

Yes, I have an IWB holster, but I find it gives me a bit of rash when worn where I like it. I've only worn in IWB so far but my OWB is vastly more comfortable but definitely more noticeable to anyone who'd look.

There also of course, other things one could add such as a lightweight windbreaker for extra concealment, but this would be a bit silly in the summer.

I think it depends on where you're going, and who you might be around.

If you're going to the gun range, don't worry about it - but you probably want to be more discreet when you go to church.

I saw a young man who was carrying a revolver in one of those chest rigs, in WalMart once. I struck up a conversation with him, and asked if anyone had said anything to him about the gun.

Nope. No one seemed bothered by it - or maybe they were too intimidated to say anything to him.

Hardly. I ain't no stick. But there is a limit to good taste and he way crossed that line. At least he wasn't a non passable tranny, so there is that. Seattle. Ugh.
wow, went from bad to worse.

anyway, me, don't care if i print most of the time. about any story ya hear might happen if you do is unlikely or anecdotal at best.

I saw a young man who was carrying a revolver in one of those chest rigs, in WalMart once. I struck up a conversation with him, and asked if anyone had said anything to him about the gun.

Nope. No one seemed bothered by it - or maybe they were too intimidated to say anything to him.
'bout the best way to carry IMO
frank-n-witness-holster-july2021a.jpg

wow, went from bad to worse.

anyway, me, don't care if i print most of the time. about any story ya hear might happen if you do is unlikely or anecdotal at best.
Anytime you want to hit me up for insensitivity training, I'm happy to help. Someone has to provide something for the buttercups to get triggered. Otherwise they'd have nothing to do.

I'm comfortable until I see a 375lb obese male plop down 10ft away and order a deep dish, for himself of course.
Don't know if that would have fazed me, now if he'd been in the U districts Northlake Tavern and killed a pizza by himself... :s0070:

I'm a bigger dude that carries a P229 40 using an IWB on my side. I don't tuck in my T's or polo shirts. To test, I've bent sideways, folded, and contorted myself. With the help of some extra (professional) eyes we determined that the minimal printing is not tipping anybody off. I've carried it (obviously in public) at very large venues for years and I've never caught any straying eyes, long glances, or comments.

I'm a bigger dude that carries a P229 40 using an IWB on my side. I don't tuck in my T's or polo shirts. To test, I've bent sideways, folded, and contorted myself. With the help of some extra (professional) eyes we determined that the minimal printing is not tipping anybody off. I've carried it (obviously in public) at very large venues for years and I've never caught any straying eyes, long glances, or comments.
If you have a decent cant on your holster, you can conceal a remarkably large weapon. I don't usually consider double stack guns at the top of my carry list, but at least you carry in style.

If you have a decent cant on your holster, you can conceal a remarkably large weapon. I don't usually consider double stack guns at the top of my carry list, but at least you carry in style.
No cant. Full-size frame with a surefire x300 weapon light. It's what I carry everyday. It's actually very easy and comfortable to carry a full-size gun IMO. Plus having 35 rounds on me gives me a warm feeling inside. Haha.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top